LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
The weakest defenses tend to be will - by a longshot - and then reflex. Fort is often third, but sometimes better than AC. Just my 2 cents.

So I may have another idea why they changed Magic Missile:

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Commencing Countdown!)

Wizards is apparently trying to come up with a sort of simplified version of D&D for new players. They want it to be compatible with current D&D but offer different options. I think they may be reviewing all these powers in order to balance them not only in the current context of D&D, but in the larger context of the new D&D Lite product they want to put out - so that the new stuff won't be more or less powerful than the old stuff. The newer MM fits nicely in this niche: it's extremely simple (you just HIT) and the math barely changes. It may be a core part of the new "simple" wizard idea. Anyway, I wonder if it's related to the updates...

renau1g

First Post
Ok....you've all waited for it (ok...likely not, but I need to make myself feel better)

Anyways here's the latest and greatest census in LEB. Data comes from the below source. If there's anyone missing or if data isn't correct, well... c'est la vie.

LEB:pC:Character Name - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki

Surprisingly there's nearly as many leaders as strikers. Humans once again rein supreme, but half-elves are nipping at their heels (those damnable Lyrandars). Arcane is far & away the most popular source. There's a 3 way tie for most popular class, Cleric, Sorcerer, and Warden.

Hybrids are just left on their own... it was tricky for their classification

Attachments

• Census - June 2010.xls
    73 KB · Views: 122

evilbob

Explorer
I feel personally responsible for warden being one of the most popular classes. Especially since my two characters are half of them. :)

Those numbers feel a bit small to see much of a trend, but I'm very glad to see such a wide range of classes represented! And races, too - overall, I'd say the variety is quite good.

renau1g

First Post
Well there was RickROll's PC, but since he disappeared, I removed her from the list.

Yeah it's pretty balanced, but I was certainly surprised at 7 Psionic PC's less than 4 months after PHB3 came out.

Luinnar

First Post
For those who have Psionic PCs, how do you like them? Giving up daily powers always made me a little leery of them (Monks don't count ;) ).

hornedturtle

First Post
Well 354b was part of living eberron before fourth edition, he was more waiting to remerge. And i can't wait to play him :)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Some statistical information. I only considered Hybrids to be 0.5 of each class, not multiclass PCs.

Human 7

Half-Elf 5
Warforged 5

Drow 4
Dwarf 4
Half-Orc 4
Kalashtar 4

Changeling 3
Goliath 3

Deva 2
Eladrin 2
Elf 2
Halfling 2

Dragonborn 1
Gensasi 1
Githyanki 1
Gnoll 1
Gnome 1
Orc 1
Shifter, Longtooth 1
Shifter, Razorclaw 1
Tiefling 1
Wilden 1

Sorcerer 5

Cleric 4
Warden 4

Wizard 3.5

Bard 3
Ranger 3
Rogue 3
Warlock 3

Ardent 2.5
Barbarian 2.5
Fighter 2.5
Swordmage 2.5

Artificer 2
Druid 2
Invoker 2
Paladin 2
Psion 2
Warlord 2

Battlemind 1.5

Assassin 1
Avenger 1
Monk 1
Runepriest 1
Shaman 1

Striker 19.5 (34%)
Leader 15.5 (27%)
Defender 12.5 (22%)
Controller 9.5 (17%)

Velmont

First Post
For those who have Psionic PCs, how do you like them? Giving up daily powers always made me a little leery of them (Monks don't count ;) ).

I play a Tiefling Psion on L4W, and up to now, I like it. Strangely, I don't see there PP as Encounter and feel like having less choice than my other class, but I have the feeling, with time, I will reach the potential I wish with her. I created that character on the basis that the less action the enemy does the best it is. Dazed, Stunned and Dominated will someday be the basis of her power, but I'll have to wait to very feel her power as she is only level 2.

Velmont

First Post
There is a few feat/power/item that are related to the Greyhack gods (Ioun, Corellon, Moradin, etc...). Are they legal in LEB? They could easily fit if they are assign to a another god with similar portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases