LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
I'd expect it would stay, as the zone persists on a minor, therefore a storm sorcerers benefit would stay around.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I don't see that interpretation. It's not that the center square is not part of the zone, it's that a creature in that center square is not a target for the burst portion that targets foes (in the case of a storm sorcerer).

The zone itself does not affect targets (i.e. no targeting line for the zone), so the portion of the power that does not target one creature does not affect the zone portion of the power (the zone damages creatures, but it does not target them).

As a player with a PC here with Howling Tempest, I do think that there is no need to make the power stronger that way. It becomes a defensive power then where the Storm Sorcerer could sit in the hole in the middle and be quasi-protected. I really don't think that the intent of the power is to be defensive.

I think the intent is to give a storm sorcerer a slight bit more control when casting a strickly offensive area spell than other sorcerers.

renau1g

First Post
Ren, I believe that Gogmorthak only has 1 approval on his 6th level.

Sorry E13. I just made the list from the outstanding ones in my inbox at that time, I'd already reviewed you by then. I'll update the list on Monday when I'm back at work with my stuff. I approved a few yesterday as well so that'll update the list also

renau1g

First Post
Updated CS review spreadsheet.

We're awaiting responses from Otakkun, pacdidj, Vertexx, Rook, & drothgery.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Has anyone raised any questions about the symbol of the holy nimbus from AV2?

With 2 healing words per encounter, it does 6 to 10 temporary hit points per encounter (Cha depending) plus a healing surge once every 20 attacks by the Cleric, so maybe 1 encounter in 4 it does another 10 to 12 healing. That's maybe 11 hit points (mostly temporary) per encounter.

A 3rd level Battle Standard of Healing typically covers an entire combat area. With one healing surge per PC * 5 PCs, that's 25 hit points per encounter healing. With two healing surges per PC * 5 PCs, that's 50 hit points per encounter healing.

What were you concerned with?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I have question about bursts:
Can caster choose to target himself?

Burst must be adjacent to origin square, doesnt say explicitly that caster cannot INCLUDE his square into the area. I mean, the square of the burst would still be adjacent, no? Just on the 'other side'.

From reading, I'd say no, it cannot be, but I would like a confirmation.

Like this 3x3 burst C is caster
XXC
XXX
XXX

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I have question about bursts:
Can caster choose to target himself?

Burst must be adjacent to origin square, doesnt say explicitly that caster cannot INCLUDE his square into the area. I mean, the square of the burst would still be adjacent, no? Just on the 'other side'.
I think you are confusing bursts & blasts. A burst always emanates from its origin square; if it is a close burst, that square is your square. Unless a power description notes otherwise, a close burst you create does not affect you (area bursts affect you as normal).

Your picture is a 3x3 blast. As per the rules, the origin square is your square and it is not affected by the blast.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yes, I thought about blasts, thunderwave, thunderram assault and similar effects...BLASTS. That's what I said. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads