LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Couple of things to note: if you use non-standard templates, things aren't going to be pretty. I have a custom skills template (that I still humbly suggest could replace the current skills template, assuming we don't also switch to googledocs and make this moot) that still needs to be ported over, and I use the L4W templates for powers because I like them much better. When I get some time I'll bring both of those over myself, but in the meantime just be aware that some parts will look funny if you don't have 100% standard stuff.
Is your skill template backwards compatible (i.e., if someone just changes which template they use w/ nothing else, will it work?) Otherwise, it'll be quite a bother. If it is, I'll play with putting it up.

And, as I've repeatedly said, the L4W power templates don't scale. Summoning powers are pretty much impossible without some serious kludges. That ain't changing. Plus, from an aesthetic perspective, they're horrid.

evilbob

Explorer
Is your skill template backwards compatible (i.e., if someone just changes which template they use w/ nothing else, will it work?) Otherwise, it'll be quite a bother. If it is, I'll play with putting it up.
It should be. I honestly haven't tested it because it I have used exclusively that one, but it should work. If not, I know it would take only minor effort. But if you'd like to test it, that'd be great - I will post when I have pushed it over.

And, as I've repeatedly said, the L4W power templates don't scale. Summoning powers are pretty much impossible without some serious kludges. That ain't changing. Plus, from an aesthetic perspective, they're horrid.
I disagree on both points, actually. I found the LEB powers to be much more restrictive, and black on black on black was too hard for me to see easily. I'm sure it's just a matter of what you're used to, tho; I messed with the L4W ones first, got to know them well, and could get them to display my information far easier. The LEB ones were like 2 steps backward for me.

nerdytenor

First Post
Just adding my thanks for the how-to. Worked on the first try (how often does that happen in the computer world?)

Cheers,
nerdytenor

Kalidrev

First Post
Quick question for those that are of the wiki-minded... I've ported Vistrathis over to the new wiki. For whatever reason, most of the sections have a grey-white background and the text is not visible (must be the same color). What is causing the background color of these sections to be different than the background of the whole webpage? Is there any way to set the text in these areas to be black instead of white?

stonegod

Quick question for those that are of the wiki-minded... I've ported Vistrathis over to the new wiki. For whatever reason, most of the sections have a grey-white background and the text is not visible (must be the same color). What is causing the background color of these sections to be different than the background of the whole webpage? Is there any way to set the text in these areas to be black instead of white?

Looks fine to me. COuld you post a screenshot and let me know what browser/platform you are on?

Velmont

First Post
Can someone give the link of the backup restored by Morrus of the old wiki. I still have a character to carry on to the new wiki.

Kalidrev

First Post
I've looked at it on both Firefox (on a Mac OSX 10.5.8) and on Internet Explorer (on Windows Vista) and it does the same. However, i think I've pinpointed why its happening... In the preferences for the wiki, I have my skin set to a dark background. For some reason, this automatically places the text in a whiteish grey background (see screenshot). The L4W blocks are not effected (since they use a different background color I guess).

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 52

stonegod

I've looked at it on both Firefox (on a Mac OSX 10.5.8) and on Internet Explorer (on Windows Vista) and it does the same. However, i think I've pinpointed why its happening... In the preferences for the wiki, I have my skin set to a dark background. For some reason, this automatically places the text in a whiteish grey background (see screenshot). The L4W blocks are not effected (since they use a different background color I guess).
Yeah, the templates are assuming a black text color. I'll fix that in the templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads