LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Yes, as renau1g said, welcome to LEB :)

If your character has been built and submitted for approval, you are allowed to walk into the tavern and start RPing with anyone that's there. Don't know if there is anyone there or not, but it never hurts to have an in-game intro.

Thanks for setting me straight on that. I was under the impression that characters had to be approved before entering the tavern.

twilsemail

First Post
Greetings all,

I'm jonesing for a bit more 4e on the other side of the DM screen and stumbled afross LEB. I'm lurking on ENworld enough already, and I figured trying out the system would be a wonderful way to avoid doing actual work.

I have a few questions, however.

First: Well, this has already been answered. I don't know Eberron all that well. You guys appear to not have a problem with that. Thanks to posters before me who asked the same thing.

Second: I'd like to bring in a Bravelord. Brash Assault is more than a bit useless as an at-will choice when the DM decides to ignore that opportunity to attack every time. How has this played out thus far? (Given the prevailing opinion on ENWorld regarding "fun" I figure I'll probably be fine as long as I'm not spamming the power)

Third: To what extent does backstory play into all of this? My fiance and I have been playing a Bravelord/Barbarian pair for a while now at different one-shots. Is this kind of thing generally kept in mind when sorting out who goes out adventuring?

I'm not adept at sorting through wikis all of the time. Is there a dearth of any particular role in LEB?

When is the forum generally active?

Thank you all,
twilsemail

Last edited:

hornedturtle

First Post
If the two of you have characters who only want to adventure together, there shouldn't be a problem with that. they just won't agree to go on any without the other.

Vertexx69

First Post
I have a question about multiclassing and paragon paths. Can I choose a paragon path from either of my classes or just the primary?

renau1g

First Post
Either one. It's one of the huge benefits of multi-classing for some combos. Just note that you will likely have issues with implements/weapons if you mix classes that don't share the same type of implement (wand, rod, etc.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
First: Welcome all the new peeps! Hope to see you on adventure soon (just need to kick some DMs :)).

Second: Judges (and others), there is a [thread=277531]new proposal[/url] to be looked at. I tried using the tagging mechanism but at least one judge mentioned it didn't seem to work. Anyway, have a look.

horvagab

First Post
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and RP in general. I am glad to finally have found a place where I can play me some Eberron :p.

I have several character ideas, most of them Dragonmarked, but I do have one question concerning one: A Vadalis Griffon-rider with the appropriate background, can he start off with a gryphon as an animal companion? Or maybe it needs toning it down? Or is it completely illegal? Thanks for the help in advance :)

Velmont

First Post
A griffon is a mount that worth 9000 gp. You can buy it, but that's equivalent of an item lvl11, so I don't think you will be able to have one with your starting lvl 4 character, but you could probably have one as soon as level 7 if the circumstance are good.

horvagab

First Post
Yeah, I was afraid, though what seemed a little too much for me where the stats given with the presige class. Maybe I'll just say that he needs to raise some money or get some influence before he can have his old mount (or the child of the old mount) back. Still not sure that I'll run that character though, we'll see. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads