LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdytenor

First Post
The monk trades durability for mobility - a fair trade IMO. I've been itching to play one myself.

Generally speaking, WotC has done a good job at keeping almost every class viable in Fourth Edition. It's not easy to make a 'bad' character unless you do something really silly with your ability score choices.

Play whatever sounds most fun!

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I don't consider the monk to be fragile. You have to remember that this is a striker, not a defender, whose main stat increases both AC and Reflex. On top of that, they have a ton of movement options so they can be precisely where they want in a fight.

I like the Bravura warlord allot. I wouldn't say that they're better than other builds, but paired with another good melee character and they certainly are fun.

Velmont

First Post
Yes, the monk, with a good Dex (let's say 18), their unarmored class feature and the unarmored agility feat, they have an AC almost as good as a defender (AC18 at lvl 1). For a striker, that's great. And the Mobility of the monk make they will probably be moving a lot and simply avoid some attack just because they aren't there.

Battlemind are tougher, and that's normal, that's part of being a defender.

horvagab

First Post
I'll probably stick with a warlord, the whole ki focus/weapon enhancement things makes my head hurt :S.
So either bravura or resourceful warlord, and just a couple of dozen tries to make the wiki work properly :D
Thanks for the info guys.

renau1g

First Post
VV - I have no problem with the adventure you have ready (I did already approve it for L4W), but I would like to see a new proposal with a few "tweaks" for Eberron flavour in there.

twilsemail

First Post
So, I've mostly finished up the entry for the Warlord I mentioned earlier. After doing so I checked out the tower and realized that the only PCs (at least the only PCs on the last two pages) are controllers and defenders. Assuming I'll get into an adventure with people in the tower, a Striker or Defender is probably needed more.

Do any of the players in the Tower at the moment have a preference for adventuring companions? I'm pretty flexible once I leave my safety zone of Leader. On top of that there appears to be another Warlord coming to town so taking a bit of time to level up one PC to make room for another might be a decent idea.

Aside from one shots I've not really played a striker. I've also yet to see a runepriest or an Ardent (what WotC called a "psionic warlord") in action. Thoughts on who they'd work well with?

I should probably just PM those players, huh?

Vertexx69

First Post
Ok I have a couple of item questions:

Does the immediate reaction power of the onyx dog (AV1) take a minor action from the owner as well?

Does the tattoo of shared vengeance (AV2) let the character that was attacked take a swing as well?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ok I have a couple of item questions:

Does the immediate reaction power of the onyx dog (AV1) take a minor action from the owner as well?

Does the tattoo of shared vengeance (AV2) let the character that was attacked take a swing as well?
- No, but it takes the users immediate action.
- No, ally's explicitly do not include you (and the item is useless if others don't have the same tattoo)

ryryguy

First Post
I've also yet to see a runepriest or an Ardent (what WotC called a "psionic warlord") in action. Thoughts on who they'd work well with?

Not sure about who it'd work well with, but I think runepriest is a natural fit for warforged, if you want to play a warforged!

I wouldn't worry too much about role selection... leaders are always welcome, and striker is by far the most popular role, so there's rarely going to be a shortage of them. :) Not to say you shouldn't try a striker if that's what interests you.

Vertexx69

First Post
I know the lvl 5 daily fighter exploit "Rain of Steel" is a stance that deals 1[W] to any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to the fighter. But does this count as an aura, or an attack against each of those enemies?

Does anyone else think that the "Ogremight student" combat style feat (MP2 pg.125) should work with the fighter at-will power "Threatening Rush" instead of "Brash Strike"? The entire ogremight Combat Style, along with the paragon path based on it (Rampaging Brute pg.27), revolves around charging and expanding the effects of charging. It doesn't make sense to tie it to a non charging at-will power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases