LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I agree with evilbob.

I would add that a ranged Striker like a Ranger seems to be easiest. No need to worry too often about positioning in that case.

A Warlock is a fun ranged Striker to play, but they tend to be a tiny bit more complex to run and they also are a bit weaker overall unless designed well.

Luinnar

First Post
Sorcerers are easy to play, but can't take a lot of damage unless given a lot of feats (though I have not had much problems so far in my PBP game so far). I would say they are even easier to play than a Wizard. You just have to know how best to aim your AOE :) Star Sorcerers seems a little more complex however, giving the phases.

You might want to skip Rogue as it can be confusing how to get combat advantage, which a lot of your damage is from.

Like others have said, avoid Psionics like the plague as it is confusing.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Hm, was thinking of a fighter earlier, a Warforged Brawler possibly named Jayne with a penchant for, wel..., brawling :D. He also has a brown cloak, and may be regarded in some parts of Eberron as a hero..... (just watched whole season of Firefly. You gotta love that show. And Adam Baldwin. Wit the guns. Lots of guns.)

A fighter would be a very good representation of Jayne in 4e. You get to be the toughest son of a gun in the room, and you can just beat the tar out of anyone who tries to slip past you.

rb780nm

First Post
I see Jayne as more of a big, burly (half-orc maybe) ranger. The shooty kind. Able to punch when need be, but he'd rather shoot you.

renau1g

First Post
I don't know this Jayne guy, but if you're looking for a Tough SOB Battlemind is a great choice or Earthstrength Warden, but yeah for a bit simpler choice, a shield & 1-handed weapon talent fighter is a good bet. A static +1 to hit is easy to remember.

twilsemail

First Post
If we're going for simple strikers, I think the Sorcerer and Barbarian come in before the Ranger, Rogue or Warlock. The latter three need to keep track of the striker damage. The first two simply get their damage on their attacks.

I can certainly see the sense in saying Strikers are easier to play than the other roles.

hornedturtle

First Post
I was wondering what level do the second characters start at? I think 354b will be comming out of his room at the shard soon (assuming the 3 players hand book has been out long enough)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I was wondering what level do the second characters start at? I think 354b will be comming out of his room at the shard soon (assuming the 3 players hand book has been out long enough)
All new characters start between 1–4th level.

The PH3 has been autoaproved (all WotC sources are autoapproved about 1 month after publication).

Vertexx69

First Post
Are we allowed to play 2 characters yet?

Are all the attacks for the encounter of creatures summoned with daily powers considered to be "Daily Attacks"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases