Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
It doesn't invalidate it, it's reach increases to 2 when bloodied, but it loses the concealment aura. It's good for Grigo though as it does not have threatening reach so he should be ok [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr throws his spear in a high arc, intending to pin the scourge to the floor, but his aim is off and the spear glances off the flagstones returning to the ranger's hand.

[sblock="Yimayngurr actions and stats"]Move:

Minor:

Standard: :ranged:Hungry Longspear encounter power vs. scourge = miss (roll)

[sblock=statblock]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 1
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:19/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot, Hungry Longspear
Conditions: regeneration 2 while bloodied[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
It doesn't invalidate it, it's reach increases to 2 when bloodied, but it loses the concealment aura. It's good for Grigo though as it does not have threatening reach so he should be ok [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Interesting cross between a Mourning Haunt and Fell Taint Thought Scourge... I like it! I've got to put something like that together for my adventures.

BTW: Did I mention... I HATE INSUBSTANTIAL ENEMIES!!!! ;). Especially Fell Taints (See Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive for the reason).[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits once again retreats from the abomination. Knotty Virtue calls out again to Yimayngurr, whose spear strikes true this time.
[sblock=actions]Move: OWW to D21, Knotty Virtue to E15.

Standard: claws of the eagle on Yimayngurr again. Yimayngurr basic with CA (1d20+9=21, 1d10+5=9) is a hit. Scourge grants CA until EONT.

Minor: activate watchful spirit totem power. (Scourge takes 2 damage when it damages any ally adjacent to Knotty Virtue until EONT.)

Interrupt to stop Grigo from falling down if it comes to that.

Sorry, no powers that grant saves.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 21; Passive Insight: 21; Senses: Normal
AC: 17; Fort: 14; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resistances: Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP: 23/31; Bloodied: 15; Surge Value: 7; Surges left: 8/9
Action Points: 1
Powers
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker’s Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak With Spirits
Twin Panthers
Bonds of the Clan
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood
Watchful Spirit Totem daily

Conditions: None

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]
[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)] A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais takes a step back away from the scourge and levels his staff at the monstrousity once more. A ring of golden light forms around the creature, but it's tentacles shatter the light as if it were made of glass.
[sblock=Actions]Move - >D,16
Standard - :branged: Avenging Light vs Scourge; 1d20+5+2(CA)= 11 vs Fort, miss.
Rolls[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats: Psais]
Deva Invoker 1
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +0
Senses: Normal
P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 19
HP: 21/26 SurgeValue: 6 Surges: 7/9
AC:15 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:15

Action Points: 0
Resist: Radiant 5, Necrotic 5
Speed:6
Languages: Allarian, Primordial, Draconic

:branged: Avenging Light +5 vs. Fortitude; 1d10 + 5 radiant damage; if a bloodied ally is adjacent + 3 radiant damage.
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +1 vs. AC; 1d8 - 1 damage.

Combat Notes

Astral Majesty - +1 to all defences against bloodied foes.
Covenant of Wrath - +1 damage per target for divine encounter and daily powers.
Staff of the Warmage - +1d6 on a crit [Implement]

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +0
Arcana +7
Athletics -1
Bluff +0
Diplomacy +0
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +3
Heal +4
History +9
Insight +9
Intimidate +0
Nature +9
Perception +6
Religion +9
Stealth +0
Streetwise +0
Thievery +0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers]
Avenging Light
Grasping Shards
Call Spirit Companion

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
CD: Armour of Wrath
CD: Rubuke Undead
Raven's Claw
Thunder of Judgement

The Lady's Aid
Invocation of Ice and Fire
ITEM Staff of the Warmage
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal attempts to pull the scourge away from Girgo, but can't manage to hook her axe around the thing's tentacles. Seeing this as futile, she carefully approaches from behind and taps the thing on the... er... shoulder (?) to get its attention, "Skews me. Ovah heyah!"[sblock=Actions]Standard: Thorn Strike
Target: Who else?
Attack: 1d20+8+1(FOTRP bonus)+2(CA) = 16 Miss.
Move: Shift to G16
Free: Mark the scourge, smile big, and get ready to get hit ;). Note that she is next to Knotty Virtue.[/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Reeling from the shock of the scourge's attack, Grigo tries to move but finds his legs will not obey him. He calls his floating disk to him, takes the healing potion from it and swigs it down. As his head clears a bit, he creates an illusion of a second scourge to attack the first one. The illusion is only in the mind of the scourge; the heroes can't see it, but the scourge winces in pain, then reacts angrily, swiping at the air with its tentacles.

[sblock="Actions"]Start of turn: take 5 damage (now 5)
Move: call tenser's floating disk to me.
Free: grab healing potion from disk
Minor: drink potion (now 15 hp)
Standard: Illusory Ambush on ugly thing: hit for 11 psychic (is it vulnerable to psychic?) and scourge gets -2 to attacks til end of my next turn.
End of turn: saving throw fails; still immobilized and taking ongoing 5.[/sblock]

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 15/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: available
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: immobilized and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Action Points remaining: none
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Yimayngurr throws his spear in a high arc, intending to pin the scourge to the floor, but his aim is off and the spear glances off the flagstones returning to the ranger's hand.

One-Who-Waits once again retreats from the abomination. Knotty Virtue calls out again to Yimayngurr, whose spear strikes true this time.

Psais takes a step back away from the scourge and levels his staff at the monstrousity once more. A ring of golden light forms around the creature, but it's tentacles shatter the light as if it were made of glass.

Eithal attempts to pull the scourge away from Girgo, but can't manage to hook her axe around the thing's tentacles. Seeing this as futile, she carefully approaches from behind and taps the thing on the... er... shoulder (?) to get its attention, "Skews me. Ovah heyah!"

Reeling from the shock of the scourge's attack, Grigo tries to move but finds his legs will not obey him. He calls his floating disk to him, takes the healing potion from it and swigs it down. As his head clears a bit, he creates an illusion of a second scourge to attack the first one. The illusion is only in the mind of the scourge; the heroes can't see it, but the scourge winces in pain, then reacts angrily, swiping at the air with its tentacles.

The scourge shrieks an ear-splitting noise, the language is foreign to you, but the message seems clear, it's in pain. The creature flies away at full speed towards the portal, but Eithal manages to slam his greataxe into the departing enemy. The spirit companion and Psais are less effective as the creature moves to the portal and with a flare of light and an explosion of force it disappears through the structure. The force sends you onto your backs. The portal begins to crack as the arcane energies holding it together are no longer functioning and the cracks spread, widening and the whole structure collapses in a heap, dirt and dust flying everywhere.

You all hold your breath for a moment, but nothing further appears. The "ceiling" begins to ... melt might be the best way to describe it. Pieces of the flesh-y ...thing... begin to fall onto you, but they quickly dissolve into vapour.

It all is over within a few seconds, and suddenly a calm quiet falls over the area.

[sblock=Actions]
***Combat is over..you win!

Scourge moves to the portal draws OA's from Eithal, Knotty, and Psais

Eithal - vs ac; dmg (1d20+7=25, 1d12+5=16) hits for 16

OWW - vs ref; dmg (1d20+8=9, 1d10+5=13) miss

Psais - vs ac; dmg (1d20+3=7, 1d8-1=6) miss

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Scourge - AC: 17, F/R/W: 17/16/16 - Reactive Swipe - if is hit by melee attack +6 vs Ref; 1d6+4 dmg; teleport 3 (i'll determine location)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Yimayngurr - 19/27 hp - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Eithal - 20/35 hp - +2 to Reflex, +1 to attacks on marked targets UEOE
Psais - 21/26 - prone - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Grigo - 15/28 - bloodied,
Scourge - 22/196 - resist 5 thunder, grants CA until EONT, bloodied, used 2 AP's, Scourge takes 2 damage when it damages any ally adjacent to Knotty Virtue until EONT, -2 to attacks til end of my next turn.
OWW - 23/31 - regeneration 2 while bloodied

Close the Portal Skill Challenge - 4/4 successes

Initiative:

Bad guys - 16
Good guys < - you're up

init (1d20+5=16)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The light sources are torches on the map, 5 square illumination.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads