Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Or pirates...always pirates or sea monsters or storms...man sea travel's the most hazardous part of an adventurer's life ;)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The breeze moving in from the water plays through Eithal's hair. She takes in the docks, looking from the ship that, until recently, she called home to the new one that might become her grave. She stops short of the gangplank to look over the vessel from the outside, "An' ah thowt ah wahs gonna be livin' on layand agayan. Wayel Eithal, It's off tah sea wiyeth yew agayan, an' late ayas yewzul." She strides up the gangplank and joins the rest of the newly conscripted crew.

elecgraystone

First Post
In an odd echoing voice, Jade replies to those that greet her. "Greetings." She watches the family moment with great interest.

[sblock=ooc]LOL Why pick one? We can be attacked by pirates and are forced to flee into a storm that shipwrecks into the lair of a sea monster. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock="OOC"]

Ok, after that I'm regretting Grigo not bringing his whole family along for the whole adventure!!!
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I don't know where it is, but I'm sure there's a rule sooooomewhere about one PC playing all six characters in an adventure.... isn't there? :lol::lol::lol::lol:[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Soon after your employer confirms that your all aboard he speaks to the crew and they busy themselves casting off lines and and tying off others they move rapid move about the ship. Before you know it you are out of the harbor into the open sea and Dauton becomes a fading sight on the horizon.

Once out at see the man calls you all together again

"Thank you for coming, My name is Stefan Olender and my employer is William Thorman, a noble lord in Allaria, his son David is to be married in 3 months to a rivals daughter in order to prevent war. The problem begins that David has a passion for history and discovered the ruin we are destined for. While exploring he found a carving that indicated a lost treasure in the crypt below. Impatiently he lowered himself into the dark hole. Something happened and he fell silent when his assistants caught up with him they could not find him only drag marks in the dust to show something had moved him, but even these ended on the hard stone.

We must have his body back in order to have him raised from the dead. In order to keep the fact of his death secret from the bride to be's father it was decided that a small team of adventures would be more discreet than a large expedition. So that is where you come in. Your mission is to find David body.

Do you have any questions?"

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo listens intently to the description of the mission. How much of his body do you require for this ritual? I'm guessing this happened at least 3 weeks ago, and it will be 3 more weeks before we can arrive at the ruin. Assuming the body has not been devoured, it is unlikely to be in very fresh condition. If we can bring back just a small part it will be a less messy job, though I do know a ritual for making a magical sled to tow it back on if needed.

elecgraystone

First Post
"Something's wrong... The ritual to bring back the dead only works for a month after death. If it's going to take three weeks to get there i don't see how this is going to work."

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

One-Who-Waits bows to Psais as the other deva comes on board behind him. "This inconsequential individual is known as One-Who-Waits, and he has been sadly remiss, honored spirit-brother, in not introducing himself to all of those who will be companions on his journey. He desires the worthy spirit-brother to forgive him so that they might become better acquainted."
"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. Well met, One-Who-Waits, It is right for he who asks forgiveness for his offenses to grant it to others; I am called Psais."
"Do you have any questions?"
"Is Lord Thorman; our gracious employer, of the New Allarian League, or of some other kingdom of Allaria?"
"Something's wrong... The ritual to bring back the dead only works for a month after death. If it's going to take three weeks to get there i don't see how this is going to work."
"Indeed this is cause for concern, does your lord have a more reliable means of resurrecting his son?"

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr, having apparently finished his meal, arrives back on deck just before the messengers tell of our mission. He looks to Psais, saying "How ya goin mate? Me name's Yimayngurr, I don't think we met at the bar. Are you a marnggitj too then, like me mate over there," he points to One-Who-Waits, "one who speaks with the..."

He falls silent as thee emissaries begin speaking.

Something happened and he fell silent when
his assistants caught up with him they could not find him only drag marks in the dust to show something had moved him, but even these ended on the hard stone....Your mission is to find David body.

Do you have any questions?"

"Oh the poor bugger," Yimayngurr declares, "What sort of history was him studying down there anyways?" he asks.

[sblock="ooc"]I'm gonna be on the road for the next couple of days. Won't be posting too much till after Christmas. Happy holidays all!!![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases