Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

pacdidj

First Post
"I must admit that I am a little cautious about simply slaying our way though, the inscription refers to them as 'Sacred Dead', if these are the spirits of beings that have been honoured for some great sacrifice there may be larger repocussions."

Yimayngurr nods in agreement and takes a forward position just behind Eithal. He looks to the worker and asks, "How's about getting that rope fixed up for us mate?"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Jade peers into the hole as the worker secures the ropes. Her darkvision reveals to her a large room 40x40 with 2 doors on each wall leading out of the room, a total of 8 exits. The walls are set with hundreds of alcoves containing skulls.

The worker lowers 2 ropes into the void.

"This be where I leave ya, Sirs and Ladies."

"Aye, that goes for me too, won't drag me into no crypt before me time"

"I' keep an eye for the ropes, don't wanna be trapped in there"

As you descend into the hole down the ropes, Grigo's sunrod lights up the room you find yourselves in a very ancient catacombs with a variety of doors leading out, and bones covering the walls.

Dust on the floor shows where the body was drug thru the southern door on the east wall.

[sblock="OOC"]
What's the marching order?
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo will follow behind Eithal or Jade. The big lady is about three times his height, and the dwarf can turn into a TIGER! Made of BUGS! He feels quite safe with either of them in front of him, and is ready to back them up with spells.

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr will take point if need be, as he has good low-light senses and perception. But as he said, underground locations make him nervous, for he is a poor dungeoneer.

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits says, "If the spirits of the dead are yet active here, they can perhaps be reasoned with; perhaps not. In this one's admittedly limited experience, the dead are as inconsistent as the living. But this humble spirit-talker will nonetheless attempt to assure them that this worthy company means to commit no solecisms, should they appear; let the honored companions be wary of appearing too aggressive."

[sblock=ooc]OWW has an everburning torch and generally doesn't bother holding a weapon, so he can serve as the torch-holder if needed. He prefers to be somewhere in the middle with the squishies :)[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]
Well, I've got darkvision, a good perception and dungeoneering and I'm 95% melee so I'll take the front. If it's 2 wide we should get Eithal next to me. After that you're all ranged so it should be fine. Maybe have Yimayngurr take rear guard (or Eithal if single file).
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
The hall is 2 squares wide for now. Eithal and Jade can walk side by side. I'll let you know when that changed

The passages are a maze, your following the drug trail, let me know if you want to mark your trip in some other way.

[/sblock]

The catacombs themselves are a maze of passages twisting and turning and doubling back on themselves But you can easily follow the trail where the body was drug through the dirt. Remarkably there are no foot prints though. You can also notice the thickness of the dirt running out and may turn to bare stone soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases