Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal joins Psais inspecting the inscription as well as the hole in the floor. She's spent seven years on a ship, but she still remembers living in the mountains with her family, exploring caves and underground burial sites.

Le's see what ole Eithal can fayend...

She then turns her attention to the construction of the room itself, and its condition.

[sblock=Skill Checks]Nature: 1d20+7=23
Perception: 1d20+5=21
Dungeoneering: 1d20=15

BTW: Is the inscription written in Dwarven? If so, Eithal can read it.[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade quietly followed along. Once inside the ruins, she takes a look around.

[sblock=Skill Checks]IC rolled SO low, it's not worth posting them. Lets just say I failed. :hmm: [/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo rushes excitedly down the stairs behind the others and digs a sunrod out of his backpack. Let's get a better look at this he says, turning his head as he raps the sunrod on the floor so that the sudden light won't dazzle him. He ties a strip of leather around his head with the sunrod sticking up in the back, and with orb in one hand and dagger in the other, moves closer to the inscription above the hole to try to read or decipher the writing, and to determine whether the hole has any hidden dangers.

[sblock="skill checks"]Arcana: 21
History: 24
Religion: 19
Dungeoneering: 27 (natural 20!)
rolls at IC
[/sblock]
Grigo speaks elven and Allari.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Eithal you can tell the room had previously been filled with dirt and was dug out, it is now being held up from collapsing by heavy timbers it looks sturdy enough as long as the timbers arn't disturbed.

The inscription is written in an ancient dialect of Old Allarian

[sblock="Psais, Grigo"]

Your history check allows you to translate the ancient form.

Grave Dangers lie below

Here lies the bones of the sacred fallen

Woe be to those that disturb their rest.

[/sblock]

About that moment a worker comes down the stairs, "Aye that's where the master was lost down that hole. He said the inscription says 'Treasures of the grave below'"

Grigo's sunrod allows light to shine down the hole showing a dusty stone floor some 30 feet below.

"I brought rope"

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]One-Who-Waits knows Old Allarian (and a possible plot device: his companion spirit, Knotty Virtue, is an old Allarian spirit).

Will post more later (just got home) but let me know if skill checks are required.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
About that moment a worker comes down the stairs, "Aye that's where the master was lost down that hole. He said the inscription says 'Treasures of the grave below'"

One-Who-Waits reads the inscription quickly (he knows the language, and so does not have to struggle to translate it). "The carving marks this location as a burial site," he says. "Perhaps the young man is the sort of person who considers a warning and a promise of reward to be the same thing; perhaps he merely mistranslated. At any rate, the dead here may be restless and quick to take offense."

pacdidj

First Post
Unable to read the ancient runes, or any other written language for that matter, Yimayngurr stands aside as his companions examine the inscription.

One-Who-Waits reads the inscription quickly (he knows the language, and so does not have to struggle to translate it). "The carving marks this location as a burial site," he says. "Perhaps the young man is the sort of person who considers a warning and a promise of reward to be the same thing; perhaps he merely mistranslated. At any rate, the dead here may be restless and quick to take offense."

On hearing One-Who-Waits' translation, Yimayngurr shudders, "Well I'm not normally one for crawlin down holes full of walking bones mates, but if we're ta rescue the lad, or at least grab a bit of him so as ta call him spirit back, we best be moving, eh? I got some rope meself if we need extra," he indicates the hempen rope worn on his back. "Good strong Kythiran stuff it is."

On Puget Sound

First Post
Well, we only seek to disturb one dead here, the fresh one. I suspect the others have long since passed through Lauto's halls to their next destination. And if not, and they oppose us....well, if one must kill one's enemies to proceed then having them already be dead is a significant head start. Are we ready to begin?

Grigo will climb down the rope once one is attached and at least two others have gone down before him. Although he has never been on an actual adventure, his wizard schooling did include the basics, and "stand behind a large armored person" was the very first day's lesson.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal sees the worry in Grigo's face, and attempts to give him some encouragement, "Donchew worrih 'bout a thin' chile," she caresses his chin like a mother would her little boy.

Then she gets in line ahead of Grigo ;).

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

"I must admit that I am a little cautious about simply slaying our way though, the inscription refers to them as 'Sacred Dead', if these are the spirits of beings that have been honoured for some great sacrifice there may be larger repocussions."

Psais considers his own words for a moment, before tying his staff to his back and getting in line next to Grigo; "I will be by your side fey, you may think me a quiet and reserved man, but when I stand before enemies, I wield the voice of the heavens."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases