Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
You meet on the docks at a grand 3 masted sailing ship well suited to the rough travel across the shifting seas.

"Welcome, All aboard. The captain tells me the sails are set and we are ready to set sail as soon as your aboard. There is berthing set aside for you below deck. Hurry up now"

Game Rules said:
Code:
Psias 		Deva Invoker/Shaman 1	Fragsie		
Yimayngurr	Half-Orc Ranger 1	pacdidj		
Eithal		Goliath Warden 1	H.M.Gimlord	
Jade		Duergar Druid 1		elecgraystone	
Grigo		Gnome Wizard 1		On Puget Sound	
One who Waits	Deva Shaman 1		Mewness

Welcome to the game.

First off, recognizing the impending holidays the game will begin with the ships passage and no combat or skill challenges will occur before Jan. 4th 2010, please feel free to roleplay with each other during this time.

Please include a statblock in every post during Combat, this is very important to me. I will be tracking status but it's important for you to keep track as well. Neither of us are perfect.

My status listings will appear as so.

Code:
Round 3

17: Bob		16/24		Slowed(Save ends)
14: Monster 1	12 damage	Dazed (till r3i8)
9:  Sally	21/21

This way you know that Monster 1 will be dazed till the end of Sally's turn, and allows me to keep detailed track of timekeeping.

If we are in combat, I ask that you post at least every 48 hours, if you can't post on weekends please post on Friday AND Monday. If you can't post I will take your action for you using your at-will powers.

Please use Invisible Castle for your rolls, if it is down you may use Diceroom or the CoCo roller. If you get 3 1's in a row I'll allow you to use another roller.

I think that takes care of all the rules, except the most important, Have fun.

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
A creature that looks like a tiger, with the exception that it's colors are red and black, lounges on the dock.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Anyone that gets close, within 5', can tell that the tiger is made up of hundreds of red and black insects and spiders.[/SBLOCK]

pacdidj

First Post
Before boarding the ship Yimayngurr pulls his canoe to shore and overturns it, so as to better shield it from the elements. "Be seeing ya mate," he says to the small watercraft with a fond, yet rueful smile.

As he boards the ship, he takes a deep whiff of the salt breese. "Ah back at sea again, and sooner than I would've reckoned." He looks around the ship, and does a double take at Jade's tiger/insect form. Shaking his head in wonderment, he says "Ain't that a sight. Well, first things first. Time to go inspect this old chook's galley, and see about getting me some tucker."

He heads below decks.

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits arrives at the dock after some of the others, having stopped on the way to say goodbye to his apothecary friend. He bows politely to the tiger-like creature before stepping onto the deck.

renau1g

First Post
A gull flies overhead and lands on the pier before taking flight again.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll judge this one.[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
A tangle of excited voices precedes Grigo's arrival at the dock. An older gnome couple and two children accompany him.
Did you remember to pack enough rope? Do you really think there'll be pirates? Ooh, look, that must be the ship. Is that the blue spirit talker you told us about? And there's the fisherman with the fangs, and the big friendly lady. Well, they look like adventurers, anyway. Why are they letting you come along? Hush, children! Grigo will do fine; remember he got top marks in that Aberrations and Oozes class last year. He's very smart.
Don't worry, it'll be a grand adventure. I'll be home in a few months with a great story, and presents for everyone, I promise! Now Dad, you really should take my advice and go to the Hanged Man with your charcoals and canvas; there are more interesting people there than anywhere else in Daunton and some of them have money. Hmmph! I work hard enough keeping him out of taverns, and now you encourage him to go into one! Her smile belies her cross words. After hugs all around, Grigo leaves his family and boards the ship.

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

Psais arrives at the docks slightly behind the other deva, though their skin is the same hue, they are distinguishable by the markings on them. While One-Who-Waits has white patterns, Psais' are of a rich blue hue.

Walking onto the sea vessel with his staff in hand, Psais takes a deep breath of the salty air and smiles contentedly. The silver embroidery of his exquisite robes glitters in the afternoon sun, giving him a slightly unearthly glow.

Having just missed the half-orc, Psais bows to the lounging tiger, the small fey and the other deva and says in his quiet voice; "I look forward to getting to know you noble beast, funny-man, astral brother. The voyage ahead will no doubt give us chance to get to know one another well, chance to strengthen the bonds of our Ka-tet while we travel on the path that Ka has set us upon."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
A tangle of excited voices precedes Grigo's arrival at the dock. An older gnome couple and two children accompany him.
Did you remember to pack enough rope? Do you really think there'll be pirates? Ooh, look, that must be the ship. Is that the blue spirit talker you told us about? And there's the fisherman with the fangs, and the big friendly lady. Well, they look like adventurers, anyway. Why are they letting you come along? Hush, children! Grigo will do fine; remember he got top marks in that Aberrations and Oozes class last year. He's very smart.
Don't worry, it'll be a grand adventure. I'll be home in a few months with a great story, and presents for everyone, I promise! Now Dad, you really should take my advice and go to the Hanged Man with your charcoals and canvas; there are more interesting people there than anywhere else in Daunton and some of them have money. Hmmph! I work hard enough keeping him out of taverns, and now you encourage him to go into one! Her smile belies her cross words. After hugs all around, Grigo leaves his family and boards the ship.

Ok, after that I'm regretting Grigo not bringing his whole family along for the whole adventure!!!
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]Just foreshadowing the inevitable death scene. If a character's wife/ fiancee/ kids are introduced before a battle, the character is guaranteed to die.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits bows to Psais as the other deva comes on board behind him. "This inconsequential individual is known as One-Who-Waits, and he has been sadly remiss, honored spirit-brother, in not introducing himself to all of those who will be companions on his journey. He desires the worthy spirit-brother to forgive him so that they might become better acquainted."

[sblock=ooc]It's the fiancee that would be the real kicker though. I don't think that merely having family is a guaranteed death, but being just about to get married is pretty bad.

Of course, if Grigo is actually the central character, it just means that we and his family will die and he'll have to become fiercely determined and avenge us.

And lets not get started on the issue of a party of adventurers boarding a boat. There's not a chance in hell of completing the journey without getting shipwrecked, you all realize.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases