Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits strides swiftly into the room, chanting in Old Allarian. Hazy shapes emerge from the floor, forming themselves into the semblance of predatory beasts; they slash at the zombies as Knotty Virtue streaks across the room and halts in the air next to Yimayngurr.

[sblock=actions]Move: OWW moves to I7.

Standard: Twin Panthers on Soldier 2. If the first attack drops the target, the second is on Rotter 1 (at E8).

attack 1 vs ref; attack 2 vs ref; damage 1; damage 2 (1d20+12=16, 1d20+12=25, 1d8+5=9, 1d8+5=10). (Includes +4 for bloodied and +2 CA; if the second attack is on Rotter 1, the attack result is only 19.) Allies have CA when making melee attacks against enemies adjacent to Knotty Virtue until end of my next turn.

Minor: dismiss Knotty Virtue.

Free: call Knotty Virtue into E7 (grants melee CA against Rotter 1, and a free shift to Yimayngurr at the start of his next turn if he wants it).[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2; Passive Perception: 21; Passive Insight: 21; Senses: Normal
AC: 17; Fort: 14; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resistances: Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP: 31/31; Bloodied: 15; Surge Value: 7; Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker’s Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Twin Panthers
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions: None

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)] A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
There is also a Grasping Shadows zone, H11-J13. Important to note as it will affect friend or foe, and we might just be able to push some zombies into it. Does 5 psychic damage and slowed until end of turn on entering.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
One who Wait's attacks decimates the Zombies leaving only the far crumbling zombie and the dazed necromancer.

[sblock="Actions and OOC"]

OWW I didn't move Knotty Virtue since your target is gone, you can choose a new position if you'd like or leave him alone, or continue the old action, just let me know.

Also need actions for Yimaynugurr

Skull is dead, Iron Cross is marked, Target is Quarry, Drops is bloodied. Cloud is dazed
Blue Zone: Enemies grant CA till r3i1 Grey zone: 5 psychic damage and slowed till end of target next turn.

ROUND 2!
18: OWW 31/31
17: Zombie Soldier 1 ; dead
17: Zombie Soldier 2 ; dead
13: Yimayngurr 17/22 <===== Your up
07: Necromancer ; 39 damage. bloodied dazed till r3i0
07: Zombie Rotter 1 ; dead
07: Zombie Rotter 2 ;
07: Zombie Rotter 3 ; dead
07: Zombie Rotter 4 ; dead
02: Jade 32/32
02: Eithal 17/35; Bloodied
2*: Grigo 28/28
01: Psais 26/26

[sblock="Stats"]
Necro AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 17
Soldier AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 13
Rotter AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• s-1-3b.jpg
    s-1-3b.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 77

pacdidj

First Post
Seeing a window of opportunity open before him, Yimayngurr reaches for his final javelin. Taking careful stock of the distant necromancer, the Rripangu hunter drops into a crouch then leaps forward out of the thick of the fray, giving himself a clear shot at his distant opponent. At the apex of his jump, he hurls the javelin with all of his might, tapping into the cold rage he harbors at the core of his being. The forked, bamboo skewer looks initally as though it will miss the evil magician, but as it draws nearer to its mark its course straightens, and it lodges into the old man's shoulder, clipping the jugular, causing a fountain of blood to spew forth.

"Dbbrrr!! Take that galka!! We been gonna put a stop to you yet!"

[sblock="actions"]Minor - Ready javelin

Minor - Hunter's Quarry vs. the necro, as he now seems to be the closest opponent.

Standard - Evasive Strike against the necro, shifting to F11 before, making Yimayngurr the closest to the necro, and therefore able to take advantage of Prime Shot:

1d20+7=18, 4d6+4=20
Hit!!! Just barely, but for 20 damage!!! (I'm taking the extra 1d6 from Hunter's Quarry into account, as well as using Yimayngurr's Furious Assault as a free action)[/sblock]

[sblock=Yimayngurr stat block]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:17/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike - used, Furious Assault - used,
Hunt's End

Ammo -
Javelin: 0/5
Sling: 18/20

Conditions -
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]Necro is dead, and all that remains is a minion that is surrounded by targets it can't damage, so the encounter is over.

You may take a short rest now[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
As soon as the final rotter is dispatched, Yimayngurr takes the opportunity to collect his scattered javelins and sling bullets.

[sblock="OOC"]First kill for my first 4E character! w00t! :D[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Undulating through the air, the blue serpent approaches One-Who-Waits and speaks in a tone of displeasure.

[sblock=Knotty Virtue in Old Allarian]"And now, perhaps the young one will tell his faithful adviser why he has chosen to leave his previous companions, and why it is his pleasure to investigate a place that is better left alone."[/sblock]

One-Who-Waits replies in the same language:

[sblock=One-Who-Waits in Old Allarian]"The honored spirit's remarks are just. It is this one's great stupidity that led him to leave his company--temporarily, or so he thought; and when this bumbling fool attempted to find them, he could not do so. This one should not have left, and he can only hope that the companions that he forsook so carelessly were nevertheless able to complete their mission against Rinch. As for this worthy company's present explorations, this one can provide no better reason for his presence than that he was asked to come."[/sblock]

The serpent does not seem entirely pleased but makes no reply. It looks intently at the shaman's companions, its head looping under, around, and through its own coils as it moves to regard each one in turn. Then it vanishes.

"The worthy spirit is dissatisfied with this one's conduct," says One-Who-Waits. "It is ever thus."

[sblock=ooc]One thing I can do is spend a healing spirit on Eithal with Knotty Virtue positioned next to Yimayngurr so that he gets the rider healing (1d6=2). Hmm, may need another one of those.[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade yawns and stretches. "Silly undead. They were no match for us."

[sblock="OOC"]As far as the 'delay till after Eithal', I attacked after Eithal on the first attack, targeting the soldier after he was moved by Eithal. I figured either init order wasn't important since we were both on 2 or I delayed then. In the future I'll post delays, though it seems a bit odd to say I delay from init 2 to init 2. ;)

As far as the little skull=dead, I figured that out. Your icons were pretty clear. What wasn't clear was why it was still on the map. Not knowing if attacking the dead zombie had some kind of affect, I included it in the rolls. I see now that the necro had some kind of reanimate undead power.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Maybe we need take a look at this bloke, eh?" Yimayngurr says, indicating the necromancer's corpse. "Maybe find something, find out what him doing down this hole. I never been seen this kind of galka before."

Yimayngurr cautiously approaches the necromancer's body, searching it to find anything out of place or interesting. His nose scrunches up at the stink of rotting flesh mingling with the coppery smell of fresh blood.

[sblock="OOC"]Did anyone make the religion check to identify the body as a necromancer and from what sect?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases