D&D 4th Edition Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g) - Page 16




What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    On Puget Sound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,275

    Ignore On Puget Sound
    Grigo tucks the book into his pack. Well, we should keep moving. These zombies were fairly wet and squishy; they probably left a trail we can see.... or smell. I think it might be wise to go to wherever they were coming from.

    Having a good sense of logic but not the sharpest eyes in the group, Grigo will Aid Another in spotting any tracks or random missing body parts left by the undead. 16 = success: +2 to someone's Perception

 

  • #152
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Fragsie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    776

    Ignore Fragsie
    My communities:

    Having not found anything specific to go on in the mad necromancer's book, Psais settles for prayers that he knows, he briefly kneels before the corpses of each zombie;

    "From the unreal, lead them to the Real;
    From darkness, lead them unto Light;
    From undeath, return them to Immortal rest.
    Peace.
    "

    When the party are ready to move on Psais turn back to the room for one last plea;
    "Mother, please cleanse their souls of the dark secrets that have tainted them."
    Last edited by Fragsie; Tuesday, 19th January, 2010 at 07:10 AM.

  • #153
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by On Puget Sound View Post
    These zombies were fairly wet and squishy; they probably left a trail we can see.... or smell. I think it might be wise to go to wherever they were coming from.
    "That's right mate. These buggers're sure to been leaving them scent all over this hole. Let's see what we can find, eh?"

    Yimayngurr sniffs the air and begins scouting around for any recent sign of the zombie's passage that might indicate where they or the necromancer entered this chamber.

    Perception Check
    Perception: 1d20+7=17. Grigo's assist would make it 19, unless someone else wants to take a stab at tracking the zombies and gets a better roll.
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #154
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    elecgraystone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,233

    Ignore elecgraystone
    My communities:

    Jade checks out the ground looking for tracks while the others check out the book.

    Perception Check
    Perception: 1d20+9=24

    Well, since I'm in front I'll make a roll.

  • #155
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    On Puget Sound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,275

    Ignore On Puget Sound
    Grigo watches in fascination as Jade looks for tracks. As she puts her hand on the ground and briefly turns it into sniffing bugs, then reforms it and moves to another spot to try, he files the image away in his mind for use in later illusions.

    (bumping the thread to keep it on the front page)

  • #156
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    Jade follows the trail left by the zombies through the winding passages, you can tell the catacombs were set up in some sort of maze but it is easy enough to mark your progress to tell where you've been to get back out. The Zombies and the necromancer seemed to have been following some sort of circular path, like a patrol, not a search.

    As you travel you see more signs of where the dead had been reannimated from their graves, it's as if half this massive catacomb is now no longer in their resting places. And it is a massasive catacombs. You cross through other passages, other rooms, on one occasion you even pass a balcony over looking what seemed to be a massive vault but your light did no stretch far enough to see into it.


    Following the trail in it's path, ahead you hear some noise.

  • #157
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Yimayngurr's ears perk up at the sounds up ahead. "Careful mates, might be more of them rotting bones up ahead, eh?" Yimayngurr whispers, quietly miming the shambling walk of the recently re-deceased zombies.

    "Maybe I better sneak in real quiet-like and check up what's going on..." Yimayngurr advances from the rear of the small contingent, clinging to the shadows. He creeps toward the source of the noise, his every sense alert, trying to determine its cause.

    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #158
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    One-Who-Waits merely listens, waiting for Yimayngurr to return.

    perception
    But whatever he's listening to, it ain't in here: perception (1d20+11=12).
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #159
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    elecgraystone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,233

    Ignore elecgraystone
    My communities:

    Jade looks curiously at Yimayngurr as she tries to listen for what he heard. She waits to see where he'd going.

    Rolls
    I agree with One-Who-Waits. Yimayngurr's smoking something.
    1d20+9=11

  • #160
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    On Puget Sound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,275

    Ignore On Puget Sound
    Grigo is quite used to being the last to notice something but the first to figure out its meaning, so he is not surprised that the hunter can hear something that is inaudible to his own ears. He makes sure his sunrod is securely fastened to his headband and holds his orb ready to cast.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g
      By FourMonos in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 543
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th January, 2013, 12:30 PM
    2. Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1103
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th September, 2011, 02:36 PM
    3. A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1008
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th August, 2010, 06:26 AM
    4. Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 453
      Last Post: Friday, 11th June, 2010, 02:42 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •