Swords and Wizardry Boxed Set

bytor4232

First Post
Check this out:

Mythmere Games » Blog Archive » Brave Halfling Publishing to Publish S&W Whitebox
» Blog Archive » WhiteBox Boxed Set Pre-Order

I remember getting my sister into rpgs by buying her a boxed set of D&D way way back in the day, and plan on picking up a few of these to give away!

Set includes:

• 6″ x 9″ Game Box (This is an actual game box manufactured for just this purpose)
  • Four Rule Booklets (Characters, Spells, Monsters, & Treasures)
  • A digest-sized copy of Matt Finch’s, “Quick Primer for Old-School Gaming”
  • Ten of Marv Breig’s 3″ x 5″ Index Card Character Sheets
  • Set of Polyhedral Dice
  • Pad of digest-sized Graph Paper
  • Pencil
Looks to be pretty sweet!

darjr

I crit!
Wow. That's a really great idea. Great for toys for tots and such things, they are always desperate for games for older kids cause they mostly get little kid toys. Something like this is a great idea.

bytor4232

First Post
Tell you what, if your looking for a way to introduce little kids to D&D, or rpg's in general, you can't go wrong with Swords and Wizardry Whitebox. My 3 year old and 9 year old love the game. This would be a great set to give to someone your trying to get into the hobby.

bytor4232

First Post
Its turning into my game of choice, thats for sure. While I still enjoy and play third edition, Swords and Wizardry are certainly my goto game right now. My family LOVES S&W. I'm going to be working on a few one shot adventures to run at my house over the winter, and try to get some of my old gaming group together.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm going to see if I can get a short term google wave game going using the S&W rules (see sig).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases