Goodman Games solicits input

darjr

I crit!
I fail to see the clash between his two comments.

I do love the idea. I would very much like to have stats for other systems already cooked for the adventures I own.

Pour

First Post
I would be up for interchangable systems if it still meant that I'd be getting an adventure well-designed for 4e.

I have to address doomsayers and state that I really don't want to lose 4e support from Goodman, if that really is the writing on the wall. Your Creature Caches, especially Fey and Lovecraftian Bestiary, have seen regular use in my game. I'm a huge fan of you guys supplying us 4e fans with material and can't stress enough how important it is to continue that support.

Given Paizo's amazing adventure paths and the frankly lackluster Scales of War, I'd love to see a Goodman adventure path, as well as chronicles and material comparable to 3e/Pathfinder supplements for 4e. Goodman is one of the only names I trust for third party and likely the only company willing to tackle such things which I feel are sorely needed.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Mark said:
Will you be translating this one, too? ;)

Don't think the thought hasn't occurred to me. :devil:

(Although I doubt that Piratecat would be quite so forgiving this time around. :p )

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Cue up:

*** X-Files theme music ***

:cool:

The Spoof Is Out There

:angel:

That said, you were right to point out that Joe's previous post was made before Pathfinder came out, so maybe that's significantly changed the layout of the RPG marketplace.

samursus

Explorer
I would tenatively put my support in for either a 4e native or system neutral with downloadable stats series. Like others have said, not sure how it would work out, but would be willing to to give it a try. I am not a huge fan of the WotC modules so far in this edition, and am encouraging of others to try and provide better adventures.

Chrono22

Banned
Banned
It seems to me, that they've already made up their minds about this. Soliciting to a fragmented community for guidance? That's no way to run a business.
I think it's more likely, they are saying these things to appear as though they are listening to the voices of the community as a way of heading off the ****storm that will follow them either dropping 4e support or drastically changing their format/pricing model.
*polishes tinfoil hat*

ggroy

First Post
It seems to me, that they've already made up their minds about this. Soliciting to a fragmented community for guidance? That's no way to run a business.

Allegedly Joseph Goodman has a real full time day job outside of the rpg world. Goodman Games may very well be his own hobby side business, which in principle he can probably drop on a dime without drastically affecting his own financial well being.

JoeGKushner

First Post
The old school movement seems more open and inviting to other publishers but I don't know if it has the purchasing power to make such a venture worthwhile. Most of those on the small publishing side that I tend to read seem to indicate a rather smallish scale of things but I have no insider information on this. What was it.... Stonehell dungeon where the author was mentioning something like 500 units solid and I think that included PDF?

Pathfinder... I wouldn't qualify that as 'old school' as much as the d20 branch.

If 4e isn't cutting it and they suspect that Pathfinder would... then Pathfinder is the way to go. In addition, there would be less hassel in the transformation of product from 3.5 to old school 1st ed. Might make it a more viable method, espeically for convention materials.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases