White space in Player's Guide

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't really understand those links - does it say that a new OS doesn't handle PDFs correctly?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Yeah, basically Preview (a free, native OS X PDF/picture viewer/editor) was updated in Snow Leopard (latest version of OS X) and it has a bug in it which prevents it from rendering certain vector graphics, transparencies and bitmap images.

A friend helped me get around it by saving it as a postscript file and then exporting it as a PDF again. For anyone else having this problem, though, they can just use Adobe Acrobat Reader until the bug gets fixed.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Yeah, basically Preview ... has a bug in it which prevents it from rendering certain ... bitmap images.
As you'll probably have determined by now if you're using Adobe Reader, there's your problem. But just for completeness's sake, I'm willing to bet this is it.

[EDIT] To elaborate, the "white space" area should be filled with a dark bitmap that lies "behind" the white text in the sidebar and makes it readable. Like so (Adobe Reader 9.2, Windows Vista): [/EDIT]

Attachments

• 4e00a-p15-sidebar.jpg
    4e00a-p15-sidebar.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Truename

First Post
I ran into this problem, too. If you just want to read the text (rather than printing it out), you can cut and paste it into a text editor and it will show up.

I haven't seen it in any other files, just the Player's Guide.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases