Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOG]Rollfar's "Thirty dozen dragons" = 30 x 12 x 10 = 3600 gp. Apparently there's a Fallonese publisher who failed a Will save against the power Attraction and at least 1000 idiots willing to pay through the nose for Barry Lakeward novels (including old favourites 'Raw Daybreak: The Tale of a Hero and The High Priestesses of Ulura' and 'Barely Dark War: Barry Lakeward in the Forest of Gloom'). In other words, I'm converting 3600/50/6 = 12 DM credits into gold for Keldar.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Having abandoned the match entirely, Pendrake leans back and watches the exchange with his arms crossed and a grin on his face.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar with his head still tipped back turns his eyes from the ceiling to peer down his nose. "You've been entertaining the crowd," he comments.

"Whose fault is that?" Rollfar snaps.

"Do you know the grinning one?" Keldar asks, avoiding the question with one of his own.

"I, yes. He's Pendrake. He says he's a Northman, though from north of where I'm not sure. We've met. The night before I left for Fallon, while I was reassuring my former tenants that I would keep a close eye on their new landlord, something came crawling out of the sea on a great wave - right into Spelding Square, of all the luck."

"No!" interjects Keldar.

"Yes, indeed, a dark slimy thing like nothing in the Enworld. If I had been a little slower, it would have killed me."

"No!" Keldar says.

"I believe so. I sought help and ran into that one and some of his companions. Oh, they defeated it, but they were left bloodied, bruised and burned, barely able to stand."

"No!" Keldar says again.

"They said it was unnaturally resilient and possessed of strange powers."

"Probably some sort of forbidden spawn of black chaos and illimitable night," says Keldar.

Rollfar stops short. "What?" she growls. "How would you of all people - "

"I'm Keldar Warbray, not a lot gets past me," says Keldar Warbray airily. "Also, Rilithorne had paid a visit to Thyrin of Grenton and left him the creature's remains to study further. I took a look. They're really very smelly."

"You knew! You are a complete - " Rollfar begins.

"So! I brought you presents back from Fallon," says Keldar, delving into his pack. "Look! A pretty ribbon, and some boots!"

"Those are not even close to my size," says Rollfar ungraciously.

"Magic," says Keldar. "They'll fit when you put them on."

"Where did you buy them?" Rollfar asks, taking them and holding them in her lap.

"Mmm, buy," says Keldar. "I paid quite dearly for them."

"Oh, Uncle Spider's underclothes," says Rollfar. "This is another thing I don't want to know, isn't it?"

NubianSpearman

First Post
Graven Urthadar, TN Male Human Fighter 1 (not yet fully approved)

A young but hardy-looking man with a beard, and dirty long, flowing hair crosses the threshold into the room from the outdoors, carrying a pack filled with gear suitable for adventuring. He steps up to the bar, orders a pint of his favorite mead, looks around and addresses all within earshot, "I'm Graven. Graven Urthadar. I'm currently looking for work. If you are as well, and seeking a companion, then good! We'll get along just fine... If not..." Turning around to make his way toward a table in the corner of the room, he mutters to himself, but loud enough for others to hear, "Keep your damned hands to yourself..." He sits down with his back towards the wall, and quietly sips his drink, observing the others in the room to see how they react to his presence.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The quiet bustle of the tavern is broken by a loud, gruff shout. "Oi, you there, open tha' door!" The door to the common room swings open alarmingly fast to allow a burly, red-haired dwarf to enter. In his arms, he carries a severely wounded dog. The dwarf has wet blood all over his armor. The dog appears to have been hit in the chest with some heavy spiked object.

He shouts, "Name's Razh, nah who can fix up this poor mutt?!" His voice tone is loaded with worried urgency. "Some blaggards roughed 'im up for no blasted reason, an' there's another right outside!" He scans the tavern frantically, "Come on, anyone?"

And indeed, right outside, through the open door, you can see a short, thin man trudging through the Red Dragon Plaza pushing a wheelbarrow, a wheelbarrow in which another bleeding dog is collapsed, unconscious.

Scott DeWar

somehow the impassioned plea of Vundinn the red reaches through the alcohol sodden mind of a red headed human male, "eh? vas ist das?" he stands and staggers to the dwarf to take a looky look. He calls for a pitcher of water and starts fishing through his pack.

upon arrival of the pitcher he drenches his head to clear the webs. he suddenly stops digging and says, "Verdomme, ik verloor dat genezing drankje op mijn laatste missie!"

To Reis he says, " sorry friend lost das potion at last mission. I look fur shop und find."

he heads for the door . . . . .

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Pendrake runs as fast as his newly acquired boots will let him to the temple of Halina. He sees one of the sisters feeding some children, so he stands nervously awaiting his turn.

rln

Explorer
OOC: Like a jack in the box, it's time for my yearly appearance!

The slightly drunk voice of a halfling joins the chorus as Ogrin steps through the back door.

"Fear not lasses, I am back! The rumours of my demise are completely unfounded. I am back in Orussus, for a short while only and will have time --"

Ogrin spots Rasereit, his face breaking first into a smile; then, at seeing the pitiful creature in Razh's arms, into a frown; finally, into an intense stare of seething anger. He walks up to Razh and pets the creature on the head, then looks Razh in the eye.

"Who. Did. This."

Ogrin does not like dog abuse. Cats, fine, those creeps have it coming, but not dogs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases