Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Ximix

First Post
rereawakening - Ximix - Cleric 4

A door is heard closing upstairs, and then light tread upon the stairs as an Elven male descends to the main room. He continues to the entryway, turns and faces those gathered. Physically this Elf is hardly imposing at well under five foot and less than a hundred pounds. He is dressed in light leathers and cloth, all of muted greys. Upon his chest rests a gleaming dark metal disk struck through with a shiny blue sword...

"I am called Ximix (zim-mix), my profession is priest, my god is Gliran - 'the Arcane'. It is my intent to venture forth once again from these restful rooms and resume my study of Magic wherever and however it is to be found. I would be glad to find companionship for this endeavor or to accompany an established group."
With this he sketches a quick bow, crosses to the bar and places his order, a brace of quail and a pitcher of Elven mead. Even he seems surprised at the size of his order, yet it seems like years since he's had a meal...

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"I am called Ximix (zim-mix), my profession is priest, my god is Gliran - 'the Arcane'. It is my intent to venture forth once again from these restful rooms and resume my study of Magic wherever and however it is to be found. I would be glad to find companionship for this endeavor or to accompany an established group."
With this he sketches a quick bow, crosses to the bar and places his order, a brace of quail and a pitcher of Elven mead. Even he seems surprised at the size of his order, yet it seems like years since he's had a meal...

Eanos raises his glass.

"Well met, Ximix. I am Eanos, a wanderer who's learned a trick or two in a fight. And one of those is that men of the cloth are invaluable to those such as I."

Christopher Greeneyes, Katara Sorcerer 1

Nodis replies with a life sized, very detailed wooden sculture of Blue, depicted noble but aggresive.

A pleased noise rumbles from Christopher when the large sculpture of Blue is created. He looks towards Nodis appraisingly.

Eanos chuckles as Jonah receives yet another gift.

"If it leads to so much gifting, perhaps I should look into getting a dog."

"I once sneaked into a temple and substituted the priest's linen robes for ones I manifested. I dismissed them when he was preaching. For the look on his face, he sure though he was having a nightmare."
Christopher laughs. I would like to show you some of my jokes. Mostly, I can only do small things, but I have practiced to the point that a couple of my jokes are little more spectacular.
Almost to himself Christopher states, I do not know Gliran well. I wonder what this priest could tell me of my gifts. The Kataran shifts his weight as if preparing to approach the priest.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
A young man dressed in wizard's robes, perhaps in his mid-twenties, enters the tavern. He looks about a little awkwardly, not exactly sure what he's supposed to do. A barmaid kindly nudges him, and he coughs to clear his throat.

"Right, uh... I'm Jon Kilran, and I have a... a job." Joe's eyebrows raise, and he summons Jon over with a hand wave. The two converse for a short bit, Jon shows Joe a folded piece of parchment, and Joe eventually nods his approval. Those close by might be able to catch the end of the conversation:

[sblock=Listen DC 10]"... and Arngrim will be able to arrange the payment of your fee, of course. Thank you, sir."[/sblock]

Jon returns to the front of the room to make an announcement, this time with a little more confidence. "I'm Jon Kilran, apprentice of Rilithorne the mage, and as my master is away on a short trip, I have need of your assistance in a small matter. A simple courier job is all: a friend of Rilithorne's is expecting a... um, well, I suppose it's an important delivery, and I would like to make sure it gets to him alright. I can offer 200 gold to the group, half now and half upon successful completion. If you're... interested? Then please join me in one of the private meeting rooms."

He halts, thinking for a moment, and then nods as if he decided that he had nothing more to say. He steps into one of the private back rooms.

OOC: This is a short adventure (a vignette, if you will) for characters of level 1 or 2. Anybody is welcome to come to the back room. Jon will be choosing a group of 4 or 5 individuals, so if you're interested, you will have to sell your character as the best to serve as his courier.

Those interested can make a post in this thread (the tavern thread) about ducking into the back room, and then make a post here:

The Charming Warden

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male

A job? thinks Jonah, This be whats we been waitin on.

The tall young man rises from his chair and grabs his sack. "Come ons Blue. 'Ets see if we can gets a job." he says walking towards the back room.

Blue rises up and sniffs the life size scuplture of himself a couple times before following Jonah into the backroom.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos shakes his head. "I inherited a courier service after a little foray in Monemvassia," he says. "I think perhaps for now I'll leave off being a courier myself."

((OOC: Eanos is level 7, so no go for him.))

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene, Halfling Wizard

The door to the Red Dragon Inn swings open, and a small halfling female wearing a dress enters the establishment. She throws back her cap, revealing her raven black hair touching her shoulders. Her skin is extremely tanned, as if she's been out in the sun a bit too much.

She swings her head from right to left, as if she's looking for some familiar faces. Spotting Joe, she cracks a wide smile and she rushes to the innkeeper. "Hi Joe!" she shouts, nearly bouncing through the crowd to get to Joe as fast as possible. "It's me, Irene! I've finally found my way home again. Can I get a drink, please? It's been ages since I've had a nice glass of wine. You know, in the desert they really don't have all that much to drink? Let alone anything good!" the halfing continues, unleashing a barrage of words at high velocity at the barkeep. Joe smiles, and reminds Irene of the rules of the inn. "Oh yes, I remember" she says, jumping on top of a barstool so that people in the inn can actually see the small person with the loud voice. "I am Irene, a wizard, and I just got back after I got lost in the desert. Hi all!" she shouts out. Irene grabs the glass of wine Joe poured her, and she slides off her barstool to go and mingle.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Greetings, Irene," says a woodsman-looking man from his table. "I'm Eanos, a wandering monk. Well met, and here's to finally finding one's way home," he adds, raising his glass.

Errandir

First Post
Reis listens to Jon's offer attentively. After the wizard leaves, he drains his glass and stands, gathering up the leather apron that had been folded over the back of his chair. Yawning, he begins to make his way across the room when Irene bursts in, chattering furiously. Reis chuckles, adding to himself, "Never dull in the Red Dragon, it would seem," as he ducks into the back room.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Hi Eanos! A monk you say? I've never met a monk before! At least I don't think I have. That means you're a really good fighter, doesn't it? I went on an adventure once with two really good fighters. Tor and Somac! I think they were barbarians though, certainly not monks. But they were really good at hitting goblins. Have you ever fought against goblins, Eanos? Oh, I don't like them at all. They always seem to have it in for me. When I left the inn here the last time, I had to group up with a goblin... I think he was called Rhys. He was okay, for a goblin! At least he didn't try to kill me, like the ones back in Monemvassia." Irene spouts as she looks for a free seat near Eanos. Finding one, she sits down and continues her ramblings.

"You know, I had to fight once. Well, more than once, but this one time, we were facing the walking dead! And they knocked all my friends, and I was left alone, and the bolts of my crossbow didn't do anything! I had to stab it with a dagger, and it was so scary! Yeah, I really don't like fighting like that. I prefer to keep a distance. Getting hit hurts!"

She puts her glass to her lips, pausing her barrage of words and giving the monk a second to rest his ears, reply or look for a swift escape from the girl.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases