Adventuring Classes: A fist full of Denarii

Wystan

Explorer
I received this as a promo for review purposes. (there, that out of the way...)

To start, this is a book with 11 new* classes for Pathfinder and a handful of new feats and equipment. This book is not for everyone and is not for every campaign either. If you like the base classes from Pathfinder and see no need to expand then this book has VERY LIMITED USE for you.... If you are like me, and my group, then this book holds a trove of ideas and classes to take from and use.

Hits:
The classes feel distinct in most ways, they seem to all have their own job and handle it well. The Spy gains toys that make him a Spy, and they are different from the toys that the Bounty Hunter gains to be a Bounty Hunter.

There is a class for every player to enjoy as long as that player likes Combat... A lot of them are tweaks from base classes and fill niches that some players like to fit into...

Misses:
The classes, while distinct, seem to be too much of a thing... Maybe 6 Combat Monkeys, and 5-6 Magic/Divine Monkeys might have been a better break. Even the classes that feel like they should get a minor spell progression do not.. (Scholar).

Overall: Solid B+

*new as a measure of ideas, they are a good mix of old abilities in new combinations.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases