Luck Feats and Luck Domain

aboyd

Explorer
The luck domain came long before the luck feats. So is the luck domain bound by the same restrictions? Could you expend the luck feats to get one reroll (no matter how many feats you have, they can only be used once for that incident), but then use the luck domain for an extra reroll? That's assuming it lies outside the restrictions of the feats.

irdeggman

First Post
The luck domain came long before the luck feats. So is the luck domain bound by the same restrictions? Could you expend the luck feats to get one reroll (no matter how many feats you have, they can only be used once for that incident), but then use the luck domain for an extra reroll? That's assuming it lies outside the restrictions of the feats.

I would agree with you except for the first sentence in the section in CS

When you select a luck feat, you gain access to a luck reroll similar to the power granted by the Luck domain.

Which seems to be saying that the domain granted power is actuall what is now called a luck reroll. It does go on to explain that all of the feats specify what you can specifically use the reroll for (unlike the luck domain which says you can use it for any reroll) and all of the luck feats, except for Lucky Start specify whether the reroll is a swift or immediate action. the text on no using more than 1 reroll to affect the same event starts by saying even if you somehow gain the ability to take more than 1 swift or immediate action in a round then you can't. . ..

So it looks like they are going out of their way to say you only get 1 reroll period. Except for the specific exception noted in Third Time's a Charm, and that is very specific.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
That's not what I'm asking, so I've been unclear. I don't want to modify the re-roll. I want to know if luck re-roll feats go into the same pool as the luck domain re-rolls or if there are two such pools.
They must be separate, else every Luck feat would effectively say "Oh, or you can use this for anything if you have this one Domain".

Cheers, -- N

irdeggman

First Post
That's not what I'm asking, so I've been unclear. I don't want to modify the re-roll. I want to know if luck re-roll feats go into the same pool as the luck domain re-rolls or if there are two such pools.

I don't know what you are trying to get to here.

Luck Domain granted power:
Granted Power: You gain the power of good fortune, which is usable once per day. This extraordinary ability allows you to reroll one roll that you have just made before the DM declares whether the roll results in success or failure. You must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll.

Unlike the luck feats the luck domain does not say you gain any luck rerolls and since you can only the domain power once per day, its not like you would be able to use any of your luck rerolls (from luck feats) to use the domain power.

The luck domain granted power functions like luck rerolls, but it does not add to the pool.

aboyd

Explorer
So this is the thing. We're saying that the luck domain doesn't have anything to do with luck feats, and thus for example it does not contribute a "luck reroll" to your pool of luck feats, and yet the other part of this story is that if the luck domain is not connected to the luck feats, then it should also not be limited by this ruling that the feats can only be used for 1 reroll per action.

If the luck domain is outside of the luck feats, then it's entirely reasonable (IMHO) to allow a player to reroll once courtesy of the luck feats, and then if it is still bad, reroll again courtesy of the luck domain. I'm not trying to push that on any of the DMs here, but I'm starting to think that this line of reasoning will be added to my own house rules for my games.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases