Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, what'll it be. But I must say that my son and I recently played a game where I kept casting area attacks that included his character, and the encounter ended in a TPK. BE CAREFUL!!!!!! That being said, I think with a close blast 5, I think you can do better than 3 bad guys without hitting any of your allies.

WD, P8, Ben, Tenchuu, take a good look at the map and help this poor boy out. He's obviously petrified with indecision. BTW: Close blasts/bursts don't (to my knowledge) provoke OAs.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If shifting is out, I'd advise leaving the area attack for when you can hit 4 or more of these guys without hitting any of us.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Looking at the map, I don't see a way for him to hit more than 3 bad guys (the three in the I and J lines) without hitting Riardon or without moving from his spot. Unless you are talking about him moving his boat, but there are too many options there and I'm not sure if he had already decided on all his other actions or not.

Edit: Talon has one approval for 2nd level so far.

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the huge stall from me guys. Doesn't my second Wind provoke an OA? If so, I do not want to use it while adjacent to an enemy. Also, I had missed that the boat was difficult terrain. My bad. Anyways, if I can't move, I may just smack the adjacent zombie and mark all the nearby ones.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the huge stall from me guys. Doesn't my second Wind provoke an OA? If so, I do not want to use it while adjacent to an enemy. Also, I had missed that the boat was difficult terrain. My bad. Anyways, if I can't move, I may just smack the adjacent zombie and mark all the nearby ones.

The PHB entry on second wind says nothing about provoking an OA.[/sblock]

Remove ads