Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Theroc: Unfortunately, the stunned condition is not a Save Ends condition. It is until the end of the dragon's next turn.

Tenchuu: NP. Yes you can take free actions, but not immediate actions, and no, I will not forget your regen 5 :).

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Don't forget: defender 6 also takes 11 fire damage from the sphere.

Tactics: At this point I suggest we back WAY off and let the kobolds die first before doing anything else. We need to start 2nd wind-ing and get ourselves back to as healed as possible because that dragon is going to cut through the rest of the kobolds in another couple rounds and although it will only have a hundred+ HP left (instead of 600), we still can't hit it.

Also: hooray not stunned! :) I only need 1 minor action each round to be effective! :)[/sblock]
Mervin continues to manipulate the ball of fire against the dragon without result.

[sblock=ooc]minor: sustain sphere

standard: might as well attack with sphere for a DUH, miss

Dragon and defender 6 take 11 fire damage on the start of their next turn

ministats: same[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai, paralyzed by the dragon's words, he tried a different tactic. "Forgive us, Great Dragon. I acted only to defend my master, this noble dragonborn. Tell us what to do."

[sblock=ooc for players only]
No peeking HMG :)
So, at best, perhaps it will not attack us on it's turn. As a secondary, perhaps I have convinced it to still focus fire on me, which is not really good, per se, but best to attack the defender, right? right?

I hope I don't die! :p
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Tenchuu: I was evidently incorrect. I looked up the definition of Stunned, and I too got it confused, somewhat, with Dazed. Evidently, stunned creatures can take absolutely no actions (free or otherwise), but your desire to parlay with the dragon entertains me. As a compromise, I'll permit speech so long at it's limited to simple statements.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=HMG]I assume what I posted already was simple enough. If not:

[sblock=Alternative post]
Gensai, paralyzed by the dragon's words, he tried a different tactic. "Forgive us...Great... Dragon."
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The dragon finally senses the source of the swordmage's magic, and chooses a different approach.

Raaaaahaaaaar!

The roar startles one of the kobolds who loses his footing and stumbles down the chimney into Mervin's flaming sphere, where he, along with another of his allies, dies in a colorful conflagration of flame.

Smiling with satisfaction, the dragon grabs yet another of her assailants and launches high into the air dropping him to the forest floor below. Miraculously, neither the fall, nor the flaming sphere manage to extinguish the kobold, who quickly jumps to his feet, pursuing the dragon's flight, sword swinging.

"Forgive us, Great Dragon. I acted only to defend my master, this noble dragonborn. Tell us what to do."
At Gensai's sudden change of heart, the dragon adopts a mockingly arrogant tone,

Now that's more like it. Finally someone is making some sense. For starters, you can help rid me of these annoying worms.

She is careful to pronounce the 'o' when she says "worms."

The remaing kobolds shake off the fear inspired by the dragons display of might, and continue to harry her with suicidal dedication. There is no way they can win, but yet they continue.

She begins to taunt her attackers,

That's right. Keep coming back for more. I am
Iguyo Di Wer Grovisv. Know my name before you die!

The channeler rushes forward, his magic obviously insufficient in this battle.

"We know you well daughter of Sylvantex, and we fear neither death, nor you!" He shakes his fist "Wer Vhisar will avenge his father, and inherit your plunder!"

The dragon guffaws,

Don't make me laugh.

she does a barrel roll in the air,

That scavenger can't even take a lair by force. The poor little boy had to find an abandoned hole instead,

She pretends to cry,

How sad.

[sblock=Actions]
Rujah is unconscious, so his aura disappears
Rujah saves vs. death: 1d20=13

Dragon:
Takes 11 damage from the flaming sphere
Minor: Luring Glare
Target: Defender1
Attack: 1d20+15-2(AoS)+2(CA)=30 vs. Will
Effect: Slide to C24 forcing a fall
No Save vs. Fall (Stunned) for 1d10=1 damage

Standard: Flyby Attack to Same position at 75 feet elevation
Attack: (Grab in lieu of Bite) 1d20+9-2(AoS)+2(CA)=21 vs. Fortitude Hit
Free: Drop the kobold forcing a fall to A24
Target: Defender9
No Save vs. Fall (Stunned): 7d10=39 fall damage
Move: Return to 15 feet elevation at E16 to F17
Breath Weapon Recharge for next turn: 1d6=3

Neither of the dragon's attacks dealt damage directly, therefore Gensai's AoS damage is not triggered, and neither kobold can have damage reduced :devil:.

Defender1:
Takes 11 damage from the flaming sphere and burns to death

Defender2:
Move: Stand
Save vs. Dazed: 1d20=4

Defender3:
Save vs. Dazed: 1d20=20

Defender4:
Move: to E19

Defender5:
Standard: Charge to D17
Attack: 1d20+13+1(Charge)+1(FTM)=25 vs. AC Miss

Defender6:
Takes 11 damage from the flaming sphere and burns to death

Defender9:
Move: to B19

Channeler:
Takes OG5 Poison
Standard: Charge to E18
Attack: 1d20+9+1(Charge)+1(FTM)=23 vs. Reflex Miss
Save vs. OG5 Poison: 1d20=2
Electrify Recharge: 1d6=5

Defender1 None Shall Pass Recharge: 1d6=3
Defender3 None Shall Pass Recharge: 1d6=5
Defender4 None Shall Pass Recharge: 1d6=2

[/sblock][sblock=Status]Mervin: -H30 28/31 HP 1AP 6/7HS 0SW
Fenwick: -B25 33/49 HP 1AP 11/11HS 1SW
Riardon: -B20 43/49 HP 1AP 6/8HS 0SW
Gensai: F20 24/56 HP +3 THP Bloodied 1AP 11/11HS 0SW Regen 5
Rujah: -A22 0/55 HP Unconscious 1AP 11/12 HS 1SW

Defender1: A22 -7/70 Dead
Defender2:
B22 3/70 Bloodied NSP Charged, Dazed
Defender3: A23 39/70 NSP Charged
Defender4: E19 47/70
Defender5: D17 24/70 Bloodied NSP Charged
Defender6:B24 -7/70 Dead
Defender7: C22 0/70 Dead
Defender8: C20 /70 Dead

Defender9: B195/70 Bloodied NSP Charged
Channeler: E18 27/61 Bloodied OG5 Poison

Adult Green Dragon: E16-F17 223/630 Bloodied 0AP Marked by Gensai, Imob, -2def (SE)[/sblock] [sblock=Map]
TheForestRoadRound8.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]9X
9X
Defender-1.png

Channeler.png

AdultGreenDragon.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon carefully takes a step to Rujah and revives the fallen warden. He shows neither aggressiveness toward the kobolds, nor the dragon.

[sblock=OOC]

move: shift to -A 21
standard: Heal check (1d20+8=16) to trigger Rujah's Second Wind.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst, Double SW

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
No Peaking HMG :)
OMFG. While I was originally cow towing to stall during our stunned time, If it can do 7d10 every turn...... I'm thinking we need to switch sides here.

I think it's a logically in character decision after seeing it fling a kobold into the air, and now that it is flying around. Also, I don't feel bad about it, since my original plan was to help the dragon until Rujah was killed by it.
[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc for players only]Yeah, I have to admit, I'm not sure what we're even supposed to be doing here. None of the dialog is cluing me in and for the most part I feel like a spectator just watching a battle without really being able to participate, which honestly isn't really that interesting. Although ironically I think I've done at least as much damage as anyone else in the group (mostly to kobolds) even being only level 3.

The 9 kobolds by themselves would have been a pretty outrageous encounter, especially for PCs levels 3-5. The dragon by itself is a ridiculous encounter: level 12 vs. levels 3-5? N+9? That's impossible.

That said, my character has no reason to trust the dragon and frankly I think it's the worse of the two evils. Plus, it -is- down to 1/3 of its HP and it has used all its action points and major powers. If we were ever going to kill the thing, now would be the time. I just don't know what we'd have to do to kill it. My ~10 points per round is great... for 20 more rounds. Don't think we're going to last that long. And given that we need extra-high rolls to hit, not sure if we can count much on that. (And now it's airborne, which can't help.)

The good thing is that if we did attack the dragon, we would never have to worry about mopping up the kobolds - they'll all be dead in about 3-4 rounds (maybe 2-3, depending on breath attack recharges). If we attack the kobolds, we're definitely going to have to deal with the dragon.

Personally I'm inclined to keep attacking the dragon, just because that's what my character would do and this whole situation is kind of absurd anyway. However, I will admit that the idea that this battle will be over sooner if we attack kobolds is sort of appealing...

Since my damage is minimal anyway I'm going to keep going for the dragon, since that's what my character would do. But if everyone else switches sides I won't stand in the way.[/sblock]

Mervin continues to move the ball of flame into the midst of the enemies.

[sblock=ooc]minor: sustain sphere

move, standard: double move the sphere to 15' in the air at E18. Technically this should be right next to the dragon but no one else; it that's not, it can be wherever it needs to be in order to accomplish this and also be somewhat in the way for the dragon to fly toward the party. At the start of its turn the dragon will take 12 fire damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 3
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:13, Reflex:17, Will:15
HP:28/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/7
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 0/1/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=damage]I went back and tried to count it up - it's so confusing I completely lost track at some point - but I think I've done close to, or possibly over, 200 damage this encounter. Which is hilarious because given how close the enemies have been bunched up, I could have done even more! Hooray for auto-attacks! :)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases