D&D 4E 4E Abyssal Font

Jedi005

First Post
I have removed this font for personal reasons. I won't go into details, so do not ask. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
This is neat! If you've made other scripts (you seem to imply that you have), where could I find them? If you posted them here before I missed out. They would be really cool to have for handouts! Could you provide a link? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Jedi005

First Post
I haven't done any other script fonts I'm afraid. I have done image files similar to this using the D&Delven, D&Ddwarven, & Iokharic fonts that are already floating about.

The Elven & Dwarven fonts (by Guyanthalas) & the Iokharic font (by Siberys) are not my work, so I hesitate to upload those image files without permission.

yarnperson

First Post
if you want something done right...

Well, the other guy who put his up apparently took it down on the same day. Going off of the jpg Lord Winter posted(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...zhadscript.jpg), I made this. It only took around twelve hours. Not bad for a first try.
This is not a direct rip, as I am to understand some of the other fonts out there are, it's more of a hand made copy. So it's not exact, and it's missing the hand drawn feel that Wizards tries to put in their fonts, but it's still quite accurate, I think... The non-letter characters, such as asterisk and questions marks are the ones used in Siberys' Dragonic font. Why fix it if it ain't broke?
In closeing, I hope you enjoy, please don't sue.

D&D_Abyssal_Barazhad_Script_Font.zip
If that link doesn't work, check the reply on Siberys' Iokharic post.

Jedi005

First Post
Actually, I made the one I did in exactly the same fashion. I did it "right". The last three words of your post are the reason I took mine down. "please don't sue." US copyright law has become idiotic. When faced with a choice like, sharing a creation or losing everything, most people get a bit skittish about sharing anything.

After I posted the font, my wife pointed out that we could get sued over something like this, so I took it down. It's that simple. When you have a family to take care of, it isn't worth the risk.

Zinovia

Explorer
You would not be sued without first receiving a cease and desist order. That's my understanding of how these things work. No one wants to go to the expense involved in a full lawsuit, because there's no money in it for WotC. You aren't selling this for profit. If you were, it might be a different story.

Nice work on the fonts in any case. Thanks.

Jedi005

First Post
Thanks for the advice and the humor. This discussion is exactly why I didn't want to go into it. I know the odds of a direct lawsuit are remote, but I'll play it safe. Someone else has made a perfectly wonderful version of this font. So, let's drop it and enjoy the work that yarnperson did.

yarnperson

First Post
I didn't mean to imply...

Oh, sorry if I offended you. I never got my hands on the font you made. My refernce to doing it right was playful at best, and at worst a comment on how no one seems to want to put in the work toward creating a font, as opposed to just ripping it out of a PDF file, as was done with Elven, Dwarven, and Draconic fonts.
I'm sure that your font is fine, and I understand your reasons for taking it down. But I do believe that this falls under the fair use clause of the copy write act. All the same, I would have liked to see someone else's work, as I am over critical of my own.
So... The Plane Above Comes out in April. Supernal anyone?

Remove ads