Living EN: Saga Edition?

fireinthedust

Explorer
Has there been discussion of a Living Star Wars game here on ENworld? Just wondering what would be involved in getting that up there. Is there interest?

What got the other Living Worlds boards made?

fireinthedust

Explorer
That's what I was thinking about myself. Lots of folks would want to play a Jedi, others would resent any group with a Force-user in the party. It'd have to be as all-welcoming an era as possible, and there's just so much going for each of the eras known that... well, yeah. Good question.

What about Force Unleashed era, or early rebellion? There could still be Jedi but they'd be on the run from the ever-more-powerful Empire. That and it could be assumed that player characters are typically part of the rebel alliance, thus allowing a Hangman Tavern to operate (or Cantina, maybe). At the same time we could avoid meeting up with Luke Skywalker and the movies; ie: no players on Hoth yelling "ew, Luke, she's your sister!"
The problem is that at some point there shouldn't be more Jedi, and seeing all the options out there I don't think it'd be "living Star Wars" if there were none.

I personally love Clone Wars, but for a living game players might clog the Jedi temple. Anyone who isn't a Jedi would be a clone trooper or would have to have a reason for joining the Republic or what have you. Also it's all about the war, and that means assignments to get the PCs into the action. Great for Jedi and Soldiers and Nobles, but what about Scoundrels? Why would they be on a Republic cruiser, say.

I would suggest a made-up section of the storyline, but there'd be issues about what tech level to use, what droids and ships... I mean, a cruiser is a cruiser, a medical droid is a med droid, and as long as we have access to R2 units I think it'll be fine.
But it's the only way to sneak in *everything* players would want to be: Jedi, clones, stormtroopers, the Empire, the Republic, Hutt gangsters, and Sith lords running around attacking people.

know what I mean?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
What got the other Living Worlds boards made?
Lots of interest in the Play-by-post forum, a group of dedicated folks to volunteer to be judges (adjudicate characters, games, and the forum rules), and a DM & player base. I'd suggest starting a post over there in the Talking the Talk forum to see if there is enough interest and go from there.

To see how it was done recently, you can see the Living 4th Edition startup thread (long) and the one for Living Eberron 4E (though it dovetails to general discussion later).

Last edited:

Remove ads