Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The disappointment visibly drained from Bell's face when she learned the girl was not a princess. Well she's the daughter of the sage to the sultan. . .thats still neat. She's also appeared here from a place I've never heard of with a culture I know nothing about. That's a mystery to solve and a learning opportunity. I love both those things. Still Bell remained less than thrilled. It would have been nice to meet a princess.

"Well sure beyond my means now but give me some time. . . " Bell turns away and begins going through her pack. "I thought Eye of Alarm was pretty good for one week of adventuring. . . Now the drow and the almost princess are going to start an I don't like you but I respect you relationship and then become best friends and by the end of it one of them will end up being a for real princess! I want a 50% chance to be a princess!

"Not like I don't have anything better to do. I am a very important arcane linguist, a foremost expert on brain spiders! I need to finish my mastery of Tsugo, and go do sword practice and buy a dress, and read over my new rituals, and hide some- Oh no I need a dress!"

She frantically digs out her journal again. "Ok, ok, five foot train, five inch platform six inch heels, and I recognize these are minimums! Need a hat, with large plumage, sleeves cover my hands and clunky princess jewelry with chains. Is that correct?" She looks between the two women a bit frantically.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Never saw a shadar kai and a drow having this sort o conversation. This is surely something that you won't find in the monster manual! :D

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"What a strange girl." Saraz comments offhand as Bell leaves.

"You speak many words that are foreign to me. drow, magic, arcane. I don't understand these. None the less, might you tell me where I have landed so that I may find my way home to continue my mission?"

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"What a strange girl." Saraz comments offhand as Bell leaves.

"You speak many words that are foreign to me. drow, magic, arcane. I don't understand these. None the less, might you tell me where I have landed so that I may find my way home to continue my mission?"

-''Wow. You are full of questions. And I am not the best authority to answer. I surfaced here fairly recently myself. Let me give it a shot...''

Charina collects her thought.

-''Firstly, you are on an island called Daunton. This is a wacky little city state filled with just about any race you can imagine and several you can't. It is also home to a disproportionate amount of evil cults and crazy gangs.

I am new here so I can't really make any sense of the economy. To me it feels like an ancient dragon died on the island and since then the inhabitants have been constantly redistributing the hoard through crazy scheme and absurd capers. This tavern is the best spot to get involved in the action, as a matter of fact. That is why I am here. I want my share!

Where is this island, you wonder? According to its citizen; smack in the middle of the world. The world around is apparently shifting; they call it the Shifting sea. Beyond that are various empires and kingdom. I bet that to them, we are the ones who are moving!

Then, the Drows; we are a the sexier elves. We love spider, killing each other, wearing suggestive dresses, taking slaves and humiliating males, in about that order. It's not as much fun as it sounds; I got mightily bored after twenty years so I left.

Magic: It's... uh. Well. That's probably what brought you here. Portals are usually created by magic. Oh, and fireballs too. Controlling the elements, teleporting, summoning powerfuls demons... that sort of thing.

Look, I'd say close to one person in four in this inn is a magic user, so just ask around.

Arcane; that's magic! Ah, an easy one.

Yep, that about covers all your point. Have I earned a pint?''
Charina asks hopefully.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Well, that certainly seems to answer many of my questions if only bringing new ones. There seems to be a language barrier many words are truely forgein to me. But no matter yes I'm sure that earns you a pint."

Saraz approaches the bar, "2 'pints' please good sir, I have gold with which to pay" she hands the man a gold peice with very a strange script and an unknown face. however he bites it checks it for real and accepts it for real. He hands her 2 large mugs and then goes to give her the change but she has already walked away returning to Charina, so he promptly pockets the remaining coin.

Saraz hands the mug to Charina "To new friends" she takes a sip and gets a foul look on her face but she swallow hard and tries to smile again. "Good, very good pint. So you tell me we are on an Island, but that makes little sense to me, how can I possibly have gone so far as to reach the sea? Only the greatest of kinetisists could possible teleport one that far."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Note to DMs]Both my characters are now available and looking for adventure. Bell is a level 2 Bard and Raiko is a level 1 Paladin.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases