Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell comes back a bit later quite transformed. She now wears a silver and green gown that looks like it was made more a much taller and larger woman, pinned back in many places. The sleeves go about six inches farther than the end of her fingers. The dress drags a bit at her feet, though anyone who saw her earlier would guess her feet aren't actually touching the floor. She seems to have grown about six inches. A train follows her for about five feet. Around her waist rests a metal chain like a belt and a holy symbol hangs on her chest.

She smiles when she carefully walks in.

[sblock=ooc]Bell is level 2 and available to DMs. She's not too far from level 3.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Abigail - Human Swordmage (1)

The door opens and a young woman - in her early 20s, perhaps? - enters. A Valhyrian blade is thrown over her back, and it seems almost oversized, as she stands only five and a half feet tall. A relatively non-descript woman, she glances over the tavern quickly with inexperienced eyes and grabs a seat, throwing her backpack upon the open table.

"Okay. We're inside. You can come out, now," she says.

A small snout appears at the mouth of the pack, followed by a serpentine neck. Within a few seconds, a ferret-sized dragon with red scales pops out and looks over the tavern. The creature seems to be warm to the touch, and as it sniffs the air, it exhales little puffs of smoke. It begins to chitter towards the woman.

"No. No meat, Azuras. I'll buy you some peanuts, but no meat."

The dragonling seems to growl, and then curls up and makes a nest on the backpack.

The woman takes one look at Bell and says, a bit meekly, "Excuse me? This is the place people come to when they're looking for, um... 'work'... right?" she says.

[sblock=ooc]
Back after a long hiatus from PbP. Short Story: a good year of pure zaniness is behind me, and I have a bit of free time again!

Anyways, Abigail is waiting approval, but can't wait to get a chance to try out a swordmage).
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai returns in the tavern as the sun sets. He's wearing resplended indigo coat with purple trimmings, hard shoes and white ... hm...socks? Think Benjamin Franklin time american city clotching (except much leaner then he was :))

He sweeps the taverns and at first passes over Bell without stopping. He then stops, slowly returning his gaze to her. He approaches, big smile on his face...

"Good evening, good lady. I see you used time before our meeting well. You look...resplendant." he bows in front of her and offers her a hand (mostly hoping to stabilize her). He shoots sharp look toward drow arbalesteer as she works hard to maintain serious face.

He takes the girl out. On the way he subtly directs the question of dancing in high heels and with train that drags behind, but if Bell doesn't show inclination to go into one of the soon-to-close shops he gentlemanly bears it. He does his best to make the girl feel relaxed and at peace.

Over the course of the evening he asks about her, shows attention, speaks of himself if she asks and in general, tries to get to know her better.

At the end of the evening he delivers her to her doorstep (Hanged Man?) and tentatively bows down to kiss her.

[sblock=For Body language readers and ScorpiusRisk] he works hard to avoid pressuring her into anything and is somewhat tense and ready to withdraw

background story: He would hate to be seen as one of elves that seduce innocents only to leave them once their lust is sated

:) Eternal problem of the man near double girls age :) - well it's only few years, but still...
[/sblock]

"Thank you for wonderful evening, little lady." he kisses her hand and takes his leave.

(He of course returns little bit later to sleep in his room in Hanged Man, it was just proper for him to leave :))

[sblock=For DMs]
Martelai is second level starlock, near 3rd level. Ready for anything. Except still not approved. I need to go shopping now that we established how much money is available...
[/sblock]

[sblock=EDIT: AS SOMEBODY NICELY POINTED OUT TO ME (in PM):]
I'm not judging or anything, but uh, you do realize that Bell is 14? Right? :)

Actually, no, I didn't.

I don't read other people history unless IC info is given (and/or referenced)

Besides, middle ages time...girls from fables such as Sleeping Beauty, snowwhite and cindarella all have explicitely stated years of 15....

That said, if I knew, I probably wouldn't be so seductive, but more like big brother :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The woman takes one look at Bell and says, a bit meekly, "Excuse me? This is the place people come to when they're looking for, um... 'work'... right?" she says.

"Oh yes." Bell says nodding emphatically. "You just call out your name to everyone then eventually adventure finds you."

Before she can continue Martelai comes in she finds herself swept off. She happily admits her difficulty in walking and her doubt in her own dancing. As they go through the shops and after activities Bell happily talks about herself, occasionally remembering to ask a question back to Martelai. She doesn't hold any information back, except for her secret pact with Atlas to infiltrate the IAC.

As they return to her home, The Candlehill Monastery, they are greeted by the monks. If Martelai still attempts his kiss, Bell puts her forehead forward, where she is used to being kissed. The monks invite Martelai in and if he accepts, Bell disappears into long halls of the monastery. Martelai is offered a glass of fine wine and grilled with questions by the monks, until he decides its time to go.

Wild looking...woman?...lynx?...puts her head inside the tavern, looks around and just as quickly gets out.

OOC: just making short appearance of my next character (when I level my first)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[
doesn't hold any information back, except for her secret pact with Atlas to infiltrate the IAC.

Since we don't look for any 'infiltrators' this was hard to do :) And

As they return to her home, The Candlehill Monastery, they are greeted by the monks. If Martelai still attempts his kiss, Bell puts her forehead forward, where she is used to being kissed.
Ha, HA, great!

The monks invite Martelai in and if he accepts, Bell disappears into long halls of the monastery. Martelai is offered a glass of fine wine and grilled with questions by the monks, until he decides its time to go.

Not in a milion years :) He respectfuly declines and goes away.
He gladly accepts, ramping up his charisma and revving his intellect. He turns the table by berating the monks for letting child out in the danger and for not telling her about her heritage. He is pleasant and answers all questions about his intentions with complete honesty. During the evening he found out that she's only 14 years old and kept his behaviour in line with such insight.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Oh, this is a good evening! Thinks Charina. She struggles to keep a straight face as she observes Bell and Martelai leaving together for a 'dance'. Not only was the result hilarious, it turns out she messed a little with the plans of a kinda-elfish craddle robbing guy. Yes! Drow 1, Elf 0.

The newcomer draws her attention. She feels kinship toward her. Why, she wonders... Oh, it's the fact that she's a little girl dragging an oversized weapon.

-''She looks like a swordmage... hey, Saraz, I found one of them magic mages! The jock kind, but still. Ask away!''

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="OOC and Roll Call"]In addition to Ben and Mal, I've got an adventure coming down the pipeline for 4-5 first or second level characters. It's approved and ready to go whenever we've got enough players. It'll take place mostly on Kythira, The Living Isle.

So far I count:

1. Bell (ScorpiusRisk) - Bard (2) - Leader
  2. Raiko (ScorpiusRisk) - Paladin (1) - Defender
  3. Charina (Mal Malenkirk) - Rogue (3) - Striker
  4. Dante (Iron Sky) - Ranger (1) - Striker
  5. Abigail (Wik) - Swordmage (1) - Defender
  6. Martelai (Neurotic) - Warlock (2) - Striker
Anyone else looking for an adventure?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I have also a pretty short adventure who need only one more approval. I also need Charina, as the adventure is turning around her background. I would better like a group of 5 characters of level 3, but I can easily adapt it too for a smaller/larger group of lower/higher level.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases