Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Fey Ring will be out within the week, so there's 5 PC's coming in, 3 are for sure level 3, the other two might still be 2, or 3 [/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

I will be joining L4W soon. Finishing up the fluff on my character before I send it in. After its accepted there will be another lvl 1 Paladin in here.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The man at the table in the back stops eating entirely and watches with some curiosity as Martelai and Bell dance, as though he's never seen dancing before.

Meanwhile, his lizard seems to have finished eating whatever was in the bucket. The lizard lifts his head up, with the bucket stuck on his head and tries to look around, banging the wooden bucket into the table and the wall. Then he goes entirely motionless for a few seconds before lifting one stubby leg and trying to get the bucket off.

When Martelai and Bell head off, the man notices his lizard's predicament, pulls the bucket off, sets it down, and says something softly in a strange, harsh language before resuming eating. Those who don't speak the language only manage to gather the lizard's name, Virgil.

[sblock=Supernal]"Virgil, how did your ancestors manage to survive long enough to incarnate you?[/sblock]

The lizard's burning yellow eyes blink a few times as the lizard stares at the bucket. Either he's annoyed at said bucket, or he's still hungry, because he starts devouring it as well.

[sblock=OOC]I'm down for the adventure, though my character has not been approved yet...[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Abigail gives Bell a nervous smile, and then stands up awkwardly. "Um... hi? I'm, uh... Abigail. And this here.... is Azuras."

She points to her ferret-like dragonling, who has uncurled from his nest on Abigail's backpack and is busy exploring the table, peering over the edge at the bucket-eating lizard curiously. Azuras begins to curl and uncurl his tail, as it rubs against his skin, little puffs of smoke float into the air. Abigail shakes her head, exasperated. "um... I'm pretty skilled with a blade. I know my way around traps and locks. And I've got Azuras here.... though maybe that isn't a good thing..."

Abigail rolls her eyes when the dragonling looks at her quizically. It chirps a few times, and then begins to walk all over the table, sniffing at forgotten cups and plates. Abigail sits back down, and watches the man in black out of the corner of her eye.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I can take either adventure since being second level puts Martelai in the middle.

IC, Martelai would probably follow Bell and Charina (in that order) - one to protect and other for interest in exotic...so, feel free to choose him or not :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Virgil seems to notice the dragonling for the first time, stopping his bucket-feast in mid-bite. After heaving to his feet, the creature makes its way over to Abigail's table and sits on the floor next to it, staring with utter fixation at the dragonling's table antics.

Across the room, Virgil's master has stopped eating again and leans forward like he's going to get up, his face coming out of the shadows. The man might have been handsome once, but his wind-burned face is layered with burn scars, some small, some large. He quickly leans back into the shadow, but he is obviously watching intently.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell comes back the next day. Well for her it's the next day, for other people it may have been a few minutes. Blame it on mysts, or wizards. On second thought let's not even bring it up. It may lead to unnecessary discussion.

Regardless, when Bell comes back she's back to being dress in her comfortable, well worn, everyday clothes. She seems quite happy and waves to everyone on entrance.

"Hello again. I'm Bell!"

BenBrown

First Post
The door to the tavern swings wide and a man rushes in in a great state of excitement.

"Help!" he cries breathlessly. "Help! Kidnapping! Murder! Or worse!"

The man is dressed in a well-made blue tunic and hose. The clothes are expensive-looking, but are obviously for work as well as show. He is approaching middle age, and has begun to get fairly paunchy. His soft tam-like cap can't disguise the fact that he is balding.

"Help!" he says again. "My niece! Kidnapped! I can pay!" He holds up a bag of coins.

A second, younger man enters behind him, dressed more for society than for work, although there is a family resemblance between the two.

"Calm down, uncle," he says. "The folk here are suspicious sometimes. Let's take a seat."

He leads his uncle over to an empty table, sits him down, then gets two tankards of beer from the bartender before sitting down himself.

"Are you sure?" the older man asks. "Are you sure this is the right place. They're alll..."

Don't worry, uncle," says the younger man. You've alerted them now. We'll find people. I'm sure. Just wait a bit."

[sblock=A New Adventure]Now recruiting for A Fish Story, an adventure designed for first level characters. Some second level would work, but I'd prefer majority first level, even if I can't get a full party of first level characters. Feel free to step up to the table and introduce yourself.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open, revealing nothing but empty air.

{camera pans down}

A moment passes before it becomes apparent that the opener is a small man. Very small. A Gnome in fact.

His narrowed eyes dart about the room, scanning for something. After a moment, he seems to relax, and makes his way across the room to the bar, his copper-colored hair bobbing like a carried torch.

"My name is Alastair Feyd. If my services can be of use to any of you noble beings, consider me at your disposal."

For a Gnome, his voice is surprisingly deep and sonorous.

"Of course," he adds "Skills like mine always have a price."

ooc
Hey, I'm new to L4W and a friend recommended I give it a shot. Apologies in advance for not being familiar with your formatting customs :confused:

L4W:pC:Alastair Feyd (auberon - ENWiki)

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Hey Auberon! You came just in time!

Abigail makes a quiet clicking sound, and the dragonling launches into the air, settling on abigail's shoulder. She makes her way towards the distressed man, doing her best to look soothing.

"Hello, sir. I'm abigail... and this is Azuras," the ferret-like dragonling makes a chirping sound and stands up on its hind legs. "You're hoping to find your niece? I'm sure there are people that would be willing to help - I know I'm interested in finding those that have been lost."

Abigail pauses for a moment, and then then nods. "but... why come here? Hasn't there been any luck with the city watch?"

OOC: Abigail is a 1st level Human Assault Swordmage multi-class Rogue. Role-wise, she's about an even mix of Defender and striker, though she lacks the swordmage's usual elemental grabbag of effects. She hasn't been approved yet, but I'm sure she'll get the nod sometime this weekend.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases