Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As there is a mass exodus from the tavern, the door is held open by a figure that for a moment cannot be seen. Only the cast shadow is seen, but it is telling. Whoever holds the door is big.

Very big.

Ducking under the doorframe, turning sideways to fit—but doing so with an unconscious grace—emerges a hulking goliath. He is a massive specimen of his species. While not as wide as Ghorgor, he is almost a head taller with equally strong arms. The newcomer wears nothing but a leather vest and a similar simple set of trousers, but what draws attention is tree he carries with him: A rooted up tree broken down into a club, but a tree nevertheless.

The goliath balances the tree on his shoulders with unconcious dexterity and peers around a moment. Seeing the sign, he cross his arms over his chest and says only Fissure.

With that, he moves to an empty part of the bar (likely a stage) and sits down cross-legged. It'd be unlikely he could fit in a chair anyway.

OOC: Fissure, goliath monk. Sheet forthcoming (but Google version here)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Kasha takes a flyer and reads it with a raised eyebrow. "Thanks Ghorgor. I'll, uh, keep you in mind. In case I need to be ridden. Hard." She flashes a sweet, innocent smile.

-''Good! You never can be ride hard enough. Is good for health.''

Ghorgor then enthusiastically approaches the new goliath.

-''Hi stone brother! You no look healthy. You look very thin for stone brother. That why you need small tree for cane? Well, you need be trained in 'Ghorgor Method'. 10 gold day for three moon-days and I make you impossible to kill like Ghorgor! Or gold back!''

He hands out the monk one of his disturbing flyers.

stonegod

Ghorgor then enthusiastically approaches the new goliath.

-''Hi stone brother! You no look healthy. You look very thin for stone brother. That why you need small tree for cane? Well, you need be trained in 'Ghorgor Method'. 10 gold day for three moon-days and I make you impossible to kill like Ghorgor! Or gold back!''

He hands out the monk one of his disturbing flyers.
With a fluid motion, Fissure both takes the note and stands, hovering over his goliath brother. After a moment, he hand the flyer back.

Not fat. Not sad. Not for me. He then considers Ghorgor a moment. Am healthy. Girth not a measure of health. 'A master is known by how they use what is given'. He then raises the club and puts it to the side. With that, he leaps across several tables and onto the bar, making a little crack and drawing ire from Brunt. After a quick bow and apology, he turns to Ghogor again. Club not cane.

Returning to his spot, he bows with his arms across his chest. Fissure has a Path; Ghogor's not needed. If test yours against mine, we speak. If not, speak of other things.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Is okay. You jump high and you hit hard. I impress.'' Ghorgor says admiringly. ''But one day you see other truth; to hit hard, you must be still standing! Hit hard is very good, be still standing is better! But be still standing after the many enemies make many hits is hard. You must be harder! When you see is true, flyers still be on bar!''

Ghorgor cheerfully continue touring the bar to find new recruits to the 'Ghorgor Method tm.'

stonegod

After Ghorgor's bits of wisdom, Fissure gives his own. He is definitely less animated when doing so. "'Falling boulder not hit what not there.'"

Velmont

First Post
Calisto sips her water as she looks at the two Goliath. "Hey, you two, bigs guys, I have an idea. How about to put your talents into a challenge. The next guy who come in here with a contract, you both take it together, and we will see, once into action, which principle is the best: 'Be hard and invulnerable' or 'Be fast and untouchable'. I am even ready to be judge of that challenge. What do you think about that." asks Calisto.

She had an idea of the answer already, but if both would accept the challenge, she knew she would have quite a team in front of her for her first 'adventure', and that would likely help her to get out of it unscratched.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
After Ghorgor's bits of wisdom, Fissure gives his own. He is definitely less animated when doing so. "'Falling boulder not hit what not there.'"

-''Well...'' Ghrogor scratches his head and thinks deeply for a moment. ''Yes, is true in duel.'' he finally concedes. ''Be not there is better than be tough in duel. Even less effort. So you are dueller! Is cool. Okay. Point of yours is fair. But is no true in war. Duel is like boulder falling on you, true. You can move. War is no like boulder. War is avalanche! When many many orcs attacks, you can no avoid all. You get hit a lot. You be strong enough to take it or you die. Is all it is. And this is heart of Ghorgor Method! Survive avalanche!''

Calisto sips her water as she looks at the two Goliath. "Hey, you two, bigs guys, I have an idea. How about to put your talents into a challenge. The next guy who come in here with a contract, you both take it together, and we will see, once into action, which principle is the best: 'Be hard and invulnerable' or 'Be fast and untouchable'. I am even ready to be judge of that challenge. What do you think about that." asks Calisto.

Ghorgor claps hands enthusiastically.

-''Is good idea. Little lady is smart.''

stonegod

A counter to Ghorgor on his tongue, Fissure turns to the smaller speaker when she interjects. He crosses his arms across his chest in his bow. Shall be so.

Sanzuo

First Post
In the dim light of the tavern, among the quiet din and drawl of patrons minding their business, one might notice a large bristly creature in the manner of a predatory cat pad silently on all fours into the room through the back door. They might also notice a mad, homicidal quality that follows the creature, shows in its eyes, froths on its mouth and dribbles on the floor. They might not notice these things, but they are probably pretending not to. Who wouldn't notice a psychotic 7-foot long hyena monster in a tavern meant for sensible people?

Despite its dangerously feral demeanor it appears as if the creature has managed to dress itself in thick hides from other animals and also carries a variety of bags and satchels, most likely looted from various humanoids. Trailing behind it is what seems to be a broken leash attached to a thick, leather collar around the creature's neck. Riveted to the collar is a steel plate. On the plate engraved in large, bold letters are two words: RAM TIGER.

It stalks about the room and tests various locations with its nose before apparently deciding on a spot beneath an unoccupied table. It plops down on its belly, roots around in one of its bags with its snout for a moment, produces the upper half of a rotting, putrescent goblin carcass and begins loudly and disgustingly feeding on it.

[sblock=OOC]
RAM TIGER HAS ENTERED THE TAVERN. CLICK ME TO SEE MY SHEET. I HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED. PLEASE APPROVE ME OR I WILL DEVOUR YOUR CHILDREN
_________/

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases