Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Kama'zer said:
"Sir dwarf, please come sit and tell us what troubles you have that you need heroes to assist you."
Kama'zer said:
the Gith woman says to the newly arrived dwarf. She also signals the barmaid to come fill any drink or food order the dwarf might request, at her expense. She knows that storytelling can be thirsty work, and he looks like he could use a drink.

The dwarf seems a bit surprised at the response and wanders looking around at the varied group of adventurers. He takes a seat and when Kama'zer calls for a drink a smile spreads across his lips as if the dwarf was proud of himself.

"Now that there is a fine way to greet a fellow, a fine way if I do so. I thank you kindly, I do indeed, cuz if ya cannot tell, I'm on a bit of bad luck." He takes a long swig when the barmaid puts an ale in front of him. Then pauses for a moment as he searches for words.

"I've got a blacksmith shop in Cragshill over on Baccarrate. It's generally all sorts of quiet, accept for the occasional gangs, pirates and foolishness of those blinkin merhcants. Bout a week a go I'm standing there workin and from out of these cracks in the floor me forge is filled with other worldy creatures and vermin. I'm talkin' huge claws and firey flying things!"

The dwarf cups a hand and brings it up as a huge claw to demonstrate. "We're just a lil village you know, have a hard enough time keeping the wild out of town and certainly have no such stuff as to beat back other worldy invaders."

[sblock=A Note on Levels] If someone was level 7, I do not think it would be a problem. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"And this was a week ago?" Kama'zer questions the dwarf. "What have you done in the last several days? Your forge is still overrun? What about the village itself? And these things came through the floor itself? Tearing it up as they came through, or in small or vaporous form and then getting bigger or solidifying?" the Gith woman asks, trying to gather information to help understand the situation.

"Also, we should all introduce ourselves if some of us are to work with you. My name is Kama'zer." she says before pointing around the table to the others. "This other gith woman is Ts'iri, the warforged is Soldier, Callen the wizard, Jarel-karn the genasi, the deva Montroya, and the other gith who just left is Mri'thas. May we know your name?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Drinkhammer. Jams Drinkhammer." The dwarf says with confidence.

"And about the creatures." He starts up again but stops to take another drink, clearly thinking. "I did not build me forge me self. Tis a buildin I inherited. It's got these holes in da floor on one side. Never paid em much mind. There's no basement or anything, and they're two small for anyone bigger than a dog to fit through. Figured they was ventalation or some such."

[sblock=ooc]That's seven names I count. Did you all jsut come off an adventure together?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Andrec will not come back, as he is already in an adventure.

7 Rabbit, I don't know.

That would complete the 9 who were in 6 Eagle down.[/SBLOCK]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc] So if I've got this right, we're talking about
Kama'zer - lvl 6 Warlord
Ts'iri - lvl 5 warlock
Soldier - lvl 5 Fighter
Callen - lvl 6 Wizard
Jarel-karn - lvl 4 Swordmage
Montroya - lvl 4 Invoker
Mri'thas - lvl 4 wizard
and maybe
6 Rabbit - lvl 4 Warlock

Now that's two more than I intended but like I said, it wasn't written to be easy so it wouldn't hurt. With the extra two people it put's you're effective party level at about 6. I'd probably only adjust one or two encounters, and it would mean the level 5 and six people are probably not going to get two levels.

I don't mind trying a large group if yall don't. I know Ren said he might have another adventure ready in a couple of weeks or so.[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri listens to the dwarf. "Well I don't mind an adventure so soon but there's no undead right? If so, then it sounds good to me. If you can describe the creatures I might know what they are"

[sblock=OOC]I'm up for a new adventure. :)[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=ooc] So if I've got this right, we're talking about
Kama'zer - lvl 6 Warlord
Ts'iri - lvl 5 warlock
Soldier - lvl 5 Fighter
Callen - lvl 6 Wizard
Jarel-karn - lvl 4 Swordmage
Montroya - lvl 4 Invoker
Mri'thas - lvl 4 wizard
and maybe
6 Rabbit - lvl 4 Warlock

Now that's two more than I intended but like I said, it wasn't written to be easy so it wouldn't hurt. With the extra two people it put's you're effective party level at about 6. I'd probably only adjust one or two encounters, and it would mean the level 5 and six people are probably not going to get two levels.

I don't mind trying a large group if yall don't. I know Ren said he might have another adventure ready in a couple of weeks or so.[/sblock]
OOC: Yep, Ren was going to do an adventure and maybe take the PCs from Ring of the Feylord when its done with the possibility of a couple others. I don't know how many are in ROTFL or if anyone here in the Tavern is willing to wait for the possibility of joining that adventure when it gets started. If not, I'm willing to go with a big group if needed.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Ts'iri listens to the dwarf. "Well I don't mind an adventure so soon but there's no undead right? If so, then it sounds good to me. If you can describe the creatures I might know what they are"

"Oh yeah, I kin tell ya what I've seen alright. Wouldn't want to send ya in blind. There were all these little tiny critters. Black and shiny with sharp tiny pincers. Hundreds of those ones maybe, but they all stay kinda close together. Then there's the big one's, lookin like they're made of molten metal and rock. Those are the one's wit da claws. Then there's a flying ball of fire, only with wings for the flying, of course."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases