Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Oh we're going somewhere else to dance. Well I suppose that makes sense. This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about Martelai and why he is assisting the IAC.

"Oh yes, of course I'll go with you." Says Bell. "Where are we going?"

[sblock=ooc]Well Im glad to hear 7 Rabbit is not really being retired. He was one of the first adventurers Bell saw, and has a very interesting background. I look forward to interaction with both as a player and a DM.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
On the ceiling of the Hanged Man appears a strange site, a shimmering portal familiar to all the other random portals that appear and disappear within the transitive isles. The major difference being this one sits upon the ceiling of the tavern looking down.

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=approvals]If anyone needs a second approval (already has one from an actual judge) let me know and I'll see if I can get around to it this weekend. Incidentally I don't know that you have to have your first character approved for 2nd before introducing another (I introduced my second after One-Who-Waits had received XP for 2 but before he was approved for that level, and if I hadn't, I would have waited a looooong time) :)[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The door opens to reveal a small drow woman, not quite a half foot over five. She is quite perky, wears form fitting but modest leather armor, has a boyish pageboy white haircut and striking violet eyes. The most obvious feature, though, is that she lugs around a huge bloody crossbow. It's almost as big as she is!

-''No sir, this is not a huge bloody crossbow. It is an arbalest! Get your weapons straight!'' she snaps at the bouncer. ''And it is out of the question that I check it with you. Nobody touches my baby but me!''

-''Look, lady, we don't want any problem with your kind...'' says the bouncer warily.

''My kind? You mean arbalestier? We always get discriminated!''

-''Uh, No, I mea...''

-''A woman? You mysogynistic pig!''

-''You know what I mean!''

-''A poor tipper? Well, who can blame me, with this service...''

-''A DROW!'' shouts the bouncer. ''We want no problem with drows.''

-''Of course I knew you meant drow, you colossal jackass. Stop fretting. I am one of those 'good drow', all right? I steal from the rich and then don't steal from the poor. I never sacrifice people to the spider queen and I hardly ever sacrifice people for gold. I own no whip, just handcuffs, I capture no slave and I never castrated anyone despite sore temptation. Hell, I don't even wear a c*ck teaser outfit! What more do you want from me?!'' she asks indignantly.

-''Right... so... Just don't cause any problem, okay?''

-''Sure thing, sweet heart.'' she says happily, her mood shifting like mercury.

She moves into the room with a big hopeful smile.

-''All right, gold and fun, gold and fun... where are you?''

[sblock=OOC]This is Charina, a 3rd level rogue, focused on sniping.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell, true to her fashion, did not notice the swirling vortex above their heads, nor did she pay any mind to the verbal scuffle near the entrance, though the noise of it did make her smile. Oh the noise of the tavern. How good it is to be part of the stories.

When the drow finally got through however and addressed the rest of the tavern she did take notice. "It will theoretically come to us in time." She replied simply, then looking the drow over added. Ooh, and arbalest."

Don't see many of those in use. Too expensive for a commoner but often considered a weapon for the unskilled. In the hands of a master though, it could certainly proove a powerful weapon.

Not what I would of as a typical drow style for fighting. She does not appear to be at all typical for the drow though.
The thought of which widened the girl's smile.

"Hi, I'm Bell. Bell the point!"

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=approvals]
If anyone needs a second approval (already has one from an actual judge) let me know and I'll see if I can get around to it this weekend...
I need a second, non-judge approval for level 1. I'm sure others are in front of me in line, though, if you know of anyone else.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"It will theoretically come to us in time." She replied simply, then looking the drow over added. Ooh, an arbalest."

"Hi, I'm Bell. Bell the point!"

-''Oh? Well... Charina the... of the... um... You know what? Just Charina.''

She hoist her arbalest on her shoulder, nearly knocking out a waitress, and offer her hand to Bell.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=evilbob] Martelai could use one approval for level two.
[/sblock]

"Excellent Bell, excellent. I'll return here around sundown to pick you up. Dress nice. As for where, it's a surprise."

He gets up and then stops as trouble starts at the door. He waits until it resolves itself and then listens as Bell introduces herself. He nods to the drow
"Nice to meet you. I'm Martelai Luinil. Will be seeing you if hang in the Hanged Man. See you later, Bell."

He then goes out to confirm good table at even better restoran with supreme live dance music.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases