Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Bye Martelai!" She waves him off. "See you later." I wonder what he meant about dress nice. Are these clothes not the proper wear for adventurers celebrating? Should I new armor? Is it due to the difficulty of dancing? She could not quite be sure of the answer and considered a trip to the library to research things. Not knowing though troubled her greatly and she nibbled her bottom lip.

Still when offered she shook the woman's hand. "Nice to meet you Miss. What would you wear to dance?" Bell asked not thinking it at all inappropriate conversation for someone she just met.

[sblock=DMs]Bell is approved. Raiko is submitted.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Still when offered she shook the woman's hand. "Nice to meet you Miss. What would you wear to dance?" Bell asked not thinking it at all inappropriate conversation for someone she just met.

A mischievous gleam pass in Charina's eyes.

-''Well... It's important to really stand out. You need a dress with a really long train that drags at least five feet behind you. Also, wear high heel platform shoes. Don't be shy; At least five inches platform with six inches heel. And wear some kind of hat with a very long plume that will whip around when you dance. You'll get noticed for sure!''

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The portal flares and sparks and suddenly falls from it a young woman deposited in a heap on the floor of the tavern. The portal then closes and disappears. She stands up and looks around quickly appearently very confused. She is a tanned skinned girl with dark hair and eyes, wearing lots of jewelery and a delicate blue dress of exotic fabric.

[sblock=Image]
bijoux.jpg
[/sblock]

"Where am I?" she sounds frightened, then takes a commanding tone. "I am Saraz bint Farad bint Aqilah, I am under the protection of the Sultan Ajib and I demand you tell me where my gaurds have gone, who are you people?" she eyes everyone around her.

[sblock=OOC]Saraz is my second character, her book is not elligible for approval yet so I've decided to just hae her hang out in the tavern for the next 2 months. Just wanted to roleplay with her some, so she'll be here but won't be taking on any adventures.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Ah, and here is the model I ordered.'' says the drow, pointing at Saraz. ''Bell, You need a dress like this one but with a much longer train. The train is very important. Very long sleeves would be good though. It's very fashionable if they are a good foot longer than your arms. The clunky jewelry is perfect, though. Get that. Everybody will appreaciate how the chains clash each other and enhance the music.'' she continues her instructions without missing a beat.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As Charina begins her instruction Bell quickly digs through her bag and swaps her book with a blank journal. She hurriedly scribbles out notes on everything the drow says, that is until a princess falls out of the ceiling.

Oh my gods. . . young person appears here by magic, can't find her guards, dressed lavishly, protected by a sultan. . . I'm going to help a princess!

She completely looks past the drow as she keeps talking, Bell smile slowly increasing across her face until it simply could not be comfortable. He hand slowly raised up and her finger formed a point at the girl.

"Princess!" She blurted out with absolutely no self control. She jumped out of her seat and began bouncing up and down before the girl. "Are you a princess? You look like a princess and talk like a princess, are you a princess??!"

Moon_Goddess

Saraz looks shocked and startled at Bell's enthusiasm.

"Madam, I am no princess, I am bint, I mean, daughter of Farad bint Aqilah royal seer to the Sultan Ajib. Though I do reside in the royal palace, my mother's position is one of appointment not heredity. Now please, I am on a important mission for the Sultan himself. Tell me what you have done with me, and where are my guards so I might continue. If it is robbery you seek I carry little coin on me, if it is ransom, be assured the Sultan has elite assassins and does not take kindly to threats."

Her hand slips to a 2 inch crystal ball slung from a net at her hip.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Hey, get your hand away from that crystal ball! I am not sure what kind of magic it does, but I wouldn't recommand trying to outdraw me!'' Charina says, one hand on her arbalest, the other making a pacifying gesture. ''Nobody here knows anything about your guards. Be sensible; You are the one who teleported here from a farway land. If it was unwillingly, there is a treacherous magic user involved. But why in the name of the Abyss would you assume that he worked from here instead of the point of origin? For one thing, I am not even sure it's feasible! Beside, anyone with a motive to expel you from court is quite obviously at the court! Nobody in this inn gives a damn about your sultan or what you do for him.''

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
An overworked, harried looking kid enters the tavern carrying a smelly pot of glue. He sets up a poster against a wall and leave in a hurry.

ADVENTURERS NEEDED!

[sblock=Seeking Adventure? Taking Request!]For my last adventure, I pretty much just scanned through the character status until I found an inspiring hook (7 Rabbit and his missing brother). I PMed the player and offered him an adventure and that's how it came to be.

This time, the character status isn't quite up to date so I will be lazy;

I am sending a call to players who'd like an adventure based on one of their character hooks to send me a request through PM. I'll pick the most inspiring and craft a little something around it. Heck, if I can tie two or more together I'll try that.

Whaddya say? Any takers? PM me with details about your hook.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Saraz pulls her hand away from the orb, but holds her eyes on the drow. She gives a nervous chuckle. "Yes of course dark one, whatever great force could have propelled me her is surely beyond your means. Say tell me dark one, I have seen those that have worked their life in the heat of the sun and have not the darkness of skin you have, how did you come to be so dark?"

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"Yes of course dark one, whatever great force could have propelled me her is surely beyond your means. Say tell me dark one, I have seen those that have worked their life in the heat of the sun and have not the darkness of skin you have, how did you come to be so dark?"

Charina relaxes and shrugs.

-''Well, my skin sure isn't dark because of the sun! My people normally live underground. If you ask the pious folk, the darkness of a the drows' skin reflects the darkness of their soul. I wouldn't know about that. If it sounds like theology, I tune it out.

I'll tell you what, though; the darker the skin, the easier it is to hide in shadows. Kinda important in my killed or be killed world. Drow with paler skins are easier to spot and gets killed quickly. Then they don't get to have ugly pale skinned drow babies!

Wait... You know, what? I think I am onto something here...''
Charina says pensively.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases