Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ha]Yeah yeah I hear you. :D I promise to pitch you an idea before the end of the day. Need to read over Bell's backstory and try and decide where I want her to be in her development.

USSR paper first.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"Well, that certainly seems to answer many of my questions if only bringing new ones. There seems to be a language barrier many words are truely forgein to me. But no matter yes I'm sure that earns you a pint."

Saraz approaches the bar, "2 'pints' please good sir, I have gold with which to pay" she hands the man a gold peice with very a strange script and an unknown face. however he bites it checks it for real and accepts it for real. He hands her 2 large mugs and then goes to give her the change but she has already walked away returning to Charina, so he promptly pockets the remaining coin. Saraz hands the mug to Charina "To new friends" she takes a sip and gets a foul look on her face but she swallow hard and tries to smile again.

-''Yay! A pint of the good stuff! Drow brews are awful. But whaddya expect from lichen liquor and other various wheat or barley-less horrors. No wonder my brethren are constantly plotting to conquer the world above them!''

Charina grabs the pint with both hands and looks comically small next to hit. She guzzle down messily half the pint before laying it down, wiping her chin and looking very satisfied with life.

-''Ah, the little things...thanks!''

"Good, very good pint.." So you tell me we are on an Island, but that makes little sense to me, how can I possibly have gone so far as to reach the sea? Only the greatest of kinetisists could possible teleport one that far."[/COLOR]

-''Can I answer magic again? I wanna answer magic again! I don't know how it works, but around here we routinely move from islands to islands through magic portals. This Inn here is a fairly common destination portal. If a kine-ty-thingie is a kinda mage, he could do it. Or else, you have mage in your home town and you don't know it. Some Mage sneakily hide their powers...

It's easier to check for motive, though. Who had a motive to send you away? That's the guy you have to shoot in the throat.''

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I know of no one who would have motive to send me away... My mother, the royal seer had a vision that showed destruction and widespread death in a faraway land. The dream was vague but showed that it was imperative that I travel the road to the city of Bakura in order to avert the distruction. Along the way a sandstorm struck our caravan and I found myself here where I stand. Why would anyone want to avert my mission."

She thinks for a moment. "You say this" she sounds out the words 'magic mage' "are like sneaky and you say drow are sneaky, do magic mage have dark skin as you?"

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Oh, there are plenty of Drow mages, yes. Sorcerers jocks and warlocks freaks, mostly. There is a handful of nerdy wand waving wizards too and quite a few preppy bards. You'd have a hard time throwing a rock in a drow crowd without hitting some kind of mage. We are very magicky.

But for my part I am clueless about anything beside a drow's innate magic. That's probably why I was stuck in a dead-end job, which is why I left home, which is why I stand here talking to you about magic. Basically, you get to ask me about magic because I suck at it! Ironic, huh? I mean, think about it. ''

And Charina did think about it for a moment, a goofy grin on here face.

-''Anyway... No, not all mage look like me. They can only wish they looked that good. Every race has its mages.''

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A man walks in and looks around. He is lean and dusty, wearing ash-gray shinobi shozoku[1], complete with loose pants, sleeveless jacket, sandals, metal bracers, and mask. A length of thin metal chain wraps around his waist, ending in two kama crossed on the small of his back. Two more crossed pairs of kama are sheathed on his back.

Always somewhere near him is a squat black lizard creature about the size of a small bear traced with arcane yellow markings. The lizard seems to be smoking slightly and smells strongly of brimstone.

He looks around as though quickly evaluating everyone in the room, then orders something from the barkeep and works his way quickly to a back table to listen and watch.

His lizard-creature grunts, belches out something between smoke and saliva, and trundles after him, bumping empty chairs and tables out of the way as he plods after, then plops heavily down at his master's feet and promptly falls asleep, his skin seeming to smolder and smoke slightly as he snores.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A few minutes later, the barkeep returns with a plate full of food, a large tankard full of ale, and a steaming bucket.

The man hands the barkeep some coin, glances around the room slowly then hesitantly unwraps the mask from his face, leaning back into the shadows as he does so. He leans down, slides the bucket closer to the lizard creature, and pours the mug of ale into it. The lizard doesn't bother to get up, just leans his neck onto the bucket until it tips over at and angle where he can eat, munching contentedly with his head in the bucket.

The man shakes his head and produces two slender pieces of metal about a foot long and, using them like tongs, proceeds to eat, still watching and listening to the life and hubbub of the tavern.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay, so Ben is ready to start and I've been told that Velmont is almost ready for a level 3 adventure.

We're about to know exactly how many people are seeking employment!

I will just say to the 2 upcoming DM that there is no need to cram more PCs in your adventures than you feel confortable, I'll be happy to pick up the stragglers!

I was leaning toward a devil worship story that would have fit a few of the backgrounds floatings around but I'll retool when I see who is left behind. (Eh eh... 'devil worship' and 'left behind' used in the same sentence...)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases