Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Wik

First Post
Abigail shoots the drow an annoyed glance, and bites her lower lip in indecision for a moment before sighing and focusing on the matter at hand.

"Of course, I'm sure a few of us would be more than willing to help out. And it does seem strange that someone would do this - even a competitor...."

The dragonling slides up around Abi's body, perching on her shoulder and seemingly whispering something in her ear. She nods, barely, and then says slowly, "Is there something you're leaving out? Why would a rival do such a thing?"

BenBrown

First Post
"Looks like I'm your man. I'll help you."

"No, down here. Yeah, hi."

"I'm Alastair."

Sturgeon nods at the gnome, acknowledging his presence.

"Is there something you're leaving out? Why would a rival do such a thing?"

"I don't know, miss," the merchant says. "Hake doesn't like me, and I don't much like him, but it's never been like this. Never involving family. I think he must have gone mad. They say he's been muttering a lot recently, and spends less time in the office. I haven't been able to find out what he's doing. You don't suppose that could be connected, do you?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm with you, Charina. Whoever takes those kids shold know street urchins are off limits. D**n, even streetgangs don't start seriously using them before they are nine or ten. But you'll need to tell us more."

It seems Martelai has something of a soft spot for abandoned children, first that girl in the village he tried to console, then Bell, now this soft speech.
"Don't worry, child, we'll find them. And make those who took them so very sorry they won't even entertain the possibility of an idea to make a plan to take another."

Velmont

First Post
-''Right, you can tell me who the bad guys are after you stop crying. Um, that'll be soon, right?''

The girl tries to contains herself for a moment, trying to speak. "I... I don't know... the others... just disappeared... one after the other... all five of them..."

[SBLOCK=Charina]Merryl's group is quite larger than that. The group has been growing each year, slowly, but now it has become too large for the territory they had and they were starting to have some difficulty to gather enough gold without bringing too much attention from the authorities.[/SBLOCK]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"I'm with you, Charina. Whoever takes those kids shold know street urchins are off limits. D**n, even streetgangs don't start seriously using them before they are nine or ten. But you'll need to tell us more."

-''Thanks, I won't forget it. Merryl is a young halfling, though not that young.'' Charina says, pointing toward Nelly. ''She is kinda the big sister to a band of panhandlers, mostly street urchins, some of them, very young, like Nelly. Merryl is an adept pickpocket and she teaches the older kids; panhandling only really brings in the bread and water, it takes more agressive tactics to bring in the bacon. The gang pool their ressources in a commune and the older kids take care of the younger. There are a lot more than five members in the gang, though. That was just a cell that got kidnapped.''

She turns to Nelly and as softly as she knows how, she asks:

-''Listen, Nelly, I need you to bring me to the other members of the family. I was closest to Merryl and without her, they might be too scared to show up. Can you do that for me, sweet heart? I am sure one of the oldest kid can help us figure out what's going on.''

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
The tavern door opens slowly, catching the attention of a few of the patrons inside. A half-elf man in full plate armor stepped through, the door swinging shut behind him. He stood at the entrance for a view brief moments, allowing his eyes to quickly sweep over the room and the people within.

Eraden spots am empty stool at the bar far enough from most to not seem suspicious but close enough to be within earshot of a few ongoing conversations. He had heard this tavern was always bustling with would be adventurers and people seeking to employ them. Eraden was one of would be adventurers, hopeful to aid those in need and prove himself worthy to his god. He walks over and take a seat.

With a smile he nods the barkeeper over.
"One pint please." he says as he places some coin on the wooden counter. The man on the other side nods his head in response and reaches for an empty glass. After filling the mug to the brim he places it infront of Eraden without saying a word. Eraden was usualy very insightful and could read body language well, but this man was particularly cold and distant. Eraden turned slightly to listen to the conversation around him, hoping to learn of some one in need of his services.

[sblock=ooc]
This is my first time using any type of play by post method. Advice or critique would be welcome!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

[sblock=Eternal54]
Welcome! You should introduce your character with full name. Also, pick a color and use it for speech text.

Other then that, follow the mob and enjoy!
[/sblock]

"Tell you what, Charina. Give me ten gold pieces now so I can go and pick up something I reserved earlier and I'll help you without asking for any further payment. Not like I wouldn't do it anyway Feel free to offer the share of the booty if there's any though."

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=Neurotic]
Thanks for the info Neurotic. Quick question, may seem stupid but how do i create a link to my character page in my sig?
[/sblock]

Neurotic

Links

Thanks for the info Neurotic. Quick question, may seem stupid but how do i create a link to my character page in my sig?
]

for ENWiki [ http:\\your_character_link free_text ] - Exclude spaces from start and end...
for posts (and I believe signatures) there is small icon that looks like world with the clip. It shows small dialog for the link and the text between url tags is what will be shown

[ URL="http://www.yahoo.com"]YAHOO[/URL ]

free_text is usually char name or some other reader friendly text

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Abigail - Human Assault Swordmage (1) - Approved

"I don't know, miss," the merchant says. "Hake doesn't like me, and I don't much like him, but it's never been like this. Never involving family. I think he must have gone mad. They say he's been muttering a lot recently, and spends less time in the office. I haven't been able to find out what he's doing. You don't suppose that could be connected, do you?"

"Hm. Sounds like it very well could be connected. I suppose his place could use a little bit of snooping around. And, as I said before, I have absolutely no problem checking this out for you."

Her dragonling is still on her shoulder, eyeing the large smoking lizard curiously. It suddenly jumps to the floor, flapping wings awkwardly to slow the descent and landing with a thud. The dragonling skitters across the floor until it's a few feet away from the lizard, stops, and then wheels about and scampers back to hide behind Abigail's kneecaps. It then chirps loudly a few times, before trying its best to blow flames towards the lizard and doing little more than produce a small wisp of smoke.

Abigail looks down at the dragonling and sighs. "I haven't seen you this excited in a while. And really, now's not the time." the dragonling chirps again, and then dances around Abigail's feet. "Fine. I'll ask him. Excuse me..."

Abigail turns from the merchant and approaches the man with the lizard. "Excuse me, sir? My companion here believes you would be a good ally in our little undertaking in the docks. I don't know why he thinks so, but he usually has a pretty good nose for these things. If you're not busy, would you be willing to join us in our search? We're looking for that man over there's niece - a good cause, wouldn't you say?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases