Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Velmont

First Post
Nelly silently nods at the drow request, wiping her eyes, trying to dry them. Feeling more secure now that Charina is taking care of Merryl's dissapearance, she see the food and water Bell had ask for her. After an hesitation, she grabs them and start to eat.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Charina, Bell and Martelai seems to have interest for that adventure... I know Fey Ring just finish, so more people will be coming in the tavern soon. Final crew choice will go to Charina.[/SBLOCK]

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden notices a human woman walk towards the back of the tavern. She approached a man at the back table who seemed to be keeping to the shadows of the dimly lit area. Both were accompanied by one from of reptilian creature or another and Eraden couldn't help wonder if this was coincidence or if they belonged to some form of guild or order.

When the woman reached the table Eraden listened closely.

"Excuse me, sir? My companion here believes you would be a good ally in our little undertaking in the docks. I don't know why he thinks so, but he usually has a pretty good nose for these things. If you're not busy, would you be willing to join us in our search? We're looking for that man over there's niece - a good cause, wouldn't you say?"

Eraden felt a surge of excitement as a smile crept onto his face. This was just the kind of adventure he had hoped to find here. He decided to listen a bit longer before he offered his services, hoping to learn a bit more about this missing niece.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As Abigail approaches, the man stops eating, puts on his mask, pushes back his chair, and stands up, his hands reaching for weapons. Virgil lifts his head up then sits upright, staring at the dragonling.

The man glances down at the unmoving lizard creature at his side and relaxes somewhat, though his hands don't stray far from his weapons as Abigail speaks.

He is still and silent for a moment. When he speaks, his words are halting and heavily accented. "Nine surrenders if death-seeking was made by Virgil. This one is hoping that no bath'shreikk... corpse-price? is to be met for some failing on Dante's fault.

Dante pauses as if his initial reply was automatic and only after he has spoken does he comprehend what Abigail has said.

"More surrenders as this one failed in comprehension. Dante paused and was silent for a minute. Then he straightened and Virgil stood up, still craning his neck to look up at the dragonling. "If there is no corpse-price that must be settled, then this one... chooses to accompany on mission."

Dante's hands drop from his weapons and he bows to Abigail. Virgil seems to nod, then arches his back, coughs more saliva/smoke, curls up, and begins snoring.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Abigail looks at Dante cryptically, and exchanges a confused glance with her dragonling, who has once more climbed up on her shoulder. They turn, look at each other, and the Dragonling nods slightly. Abigail somehow manages to shrug using only her eyebrows, and then nods towards Dante. "Um. Welcome, then. I'm, uh, Abigail..."

She turns and walks back towards merchant, her dragonling turning around and watching the large lizard curiously. "There. We've got two... er... four, I mean. How many people were you looking to hire? Seems a small group is probably the best idea, but I don't trust this competitor of yours. If he's as mad as he sounds, it might be good to have a little bit more backup..."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Eternal54]
Welcome! You should introduce your character with full name. Also, pick a color and use it for speech text.

Other then that, follow the mob and enjoy!
[/sblock]

"Tell you what, Charina. Give me ten gold pieces now so I can go and pick up something I reserved earlier and I'll help you without asking for any further payment. Not like I wouldn't do it anyway Feel free to offer the share of the booty if there's any though."

-''Sure, sure. Here, take this.'' Charina says, quickly and uncharacteristically parting with her gold.

[sblock=OOC]10 GP? You were only 10 gp short to a magic item?!

10gp from Charina to Martelai (noted on character sheet)[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
She turns and walks back towards merchant, her dragonling turning around and watching the large lizard curiously. "There. We've got two... er... four, I mean. How many people were you looking to hire? Seems a small group is probably the best idea, but I don't trust this competitor of yours. If he's as mad as he sounds, it might be good to have a little bit more backup..."

"You're probably right, miss," the younger man says. "Those weren't his usual men that grabbed Edith. I heard one of them called 'Pike'. I think they may be mercenaries."

[sblock=ooc]Potential roster:
Alastair Feyd, Gnome Warlock 1 (Striker)
Abigail, Human Swordmage 1 (Defender/Striker)
Dante, Human Ranger 1 (Striker)
Eraden, Half-Elf Paladin 1 (Defender)

A reasonable group, if everyone's in, unfortunately that leads us without a leader. If anyone is reading this and thinking of making a new character, a leader would be most welcome!

Also, a streetwise check of 20 reveals the following:
[sblock=streetwise result]
Harry Pike is the leader of a local band of hired swords.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=new character]I was thinking of making a leader for my second character. If no one else is free and willing to join, I'll put together a new PC tomorrow.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
"You're probably right, miss," the younger man says. "Those weren't his usual men that grabbed Edith. I heard one of them called 'Pike'. I think they may be mercenaries."

[sblock=ooc]Potential roster:
Alastair Feyd, Gnome Wizard 1 (Striker)
Abigail, Human Swordmage 1 (Defender/Striker)
Dante, Human Ranger 1 (Striker)
Eraden, Human Paladin 1 (Defender)

A reasonable group, if everyone's in, unfortunately that leads us without a leader. If anyone is reading this and thinking of making a new character, a leader would be most welcome!

Also, a streetwise check of 20 reveals the following:
[sblock=streetwise result]
Harry Pike is the leader of a local band of hired swords.[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Small correction: Alastair is a Warlock (which I think is what you meant, since you correctly listed him as a striker). No big deal.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases