Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Wik

First Post
"Yes, I think we can help each other."

[sblock=ooc]
I'm in. First play by post game for me, but I'm looking forward to it.

Wik, I do have Thievery as well. Trying for a stealth ranged thing with a Feylock.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Excellent! That means, presuming Dante has stealth, more than half the party can sneak around. Which means, if we play our cards right, we can ring up a few surprise rounds! For reference, I imagine surprise round will go like this: Abigail throws a light at enemies, Dante charges, Alastair blasts. Woot!

It also means that in the event of a trap, we can play it by ear to figure out who should deal with it - or, if we both can, one can aid another the other. Woot!
[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
Sturgeon surveys the adventurers, tough lot that they are. "At this point I just want Edith returned to me. I'll pay twenty gold pieces to each of you, and you can. . . you can take anything you like from the warehouse. I don't know what he's got down there, but those goons he hired must have something."

"Will you take the job?"

"I will gladly help you Josiah" Eraden says as he places his hand on the older mans shoulder. "But I must ask you, is there anything else you could tell us that would be of help? Information on Hake's fish depot, any possible enemies Edith may have had, or perhaps something else you forgot to mention?"

[sblock=ooc]
I seem to be having trouble with IC. I created an account tonight, and it wont let me sighn in, even after clicking on the confirmation notice they send to your email. Is this normal?-Update: It seems to be working now. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante nods. "This Dante understands. A bath'sh... corpse-price must be paid and these ones shall claim it. Is the Hake's corpse a part of the death-seeking?"

[sblock=InivisibleCastle]Invisible Castle worked right away for me...[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Dante has stealth, though he'd have to leave Virgil behind to do so. Devil lizards aren't renowned for their stealth, you know. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Alastair nods approvingly. Whether in agreement with Josiah, or at the result of this random, but seemingly capable ad-hoc band, it is unclear.

"Yes, I think we can help each other."

"I'm very grateful to you. To all of you." Sturgeon says.

Dante nods. "This Dante understands. A bath'sh... corpse-price must be paid and these ones shall claim it. Is the Hake's corpse a part of the death-seeking?"

"What? No, no, just get Edith back. I'm hiring rescuers, not assassins."

"I'm in," Abigail says, with little thought. "I would suggest we go by nightfall - it will be easier to sneak around, although the darkness might get in our way, too. And I have no desire to kill anyone, if it can be avoided..."

"I don't think there's much option. By the time you get there it will be dark already."

"I will gladly help you Josiah" Eraden says as he places his hand on the older mans shoulder. "But I must ask you, is there anything else you could tell us that would be of help? Information on Hake's fish depot, any possible enemies Edith may have had, or perhaps something else you forgot to mention?"

"Enemies? Edith?" Sturgeon laughs. "Bless you, man, she's a sweet girl, and much too young to have enemies. No, the enemies are mine. As to the fish depot, Victor can tell you more. He'll guide you there."

"I've only been inside once," Victor says, "but it's a lot like ours. Just a big room with a place to store the fish. Two big rooms in their case. It's down by the Fisherman's Market. There's a night watchman who makes his rounds around the building. One end is by the market, so there's always someone who can see it, but the other end's on Cod Street, which after dark is pretty deserted."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"What? No, no, just get Edith back. I'm hiring rescuers, not assassins."

Dante seems vaguely confused by this. "Sadanik shath... hiring?" Dante says softly to himself. "Ano naxus assassins... nevat Dante?"

He looks down at Virgil. "Iknas savok, Virgil."

[sblock=Supernal]
What is this... hiring? And no assassins... but Dante? Strange peoples, Virgil.[/sblock]

Dante nods to the merchant. "As the Sturgeon says.".

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
"Enemies? Edith?" Sturgeon laughs. "Bless you, man, she's a sweet girl, and much too young to have enemies. No, the enemies are mine. As to the fish depot, Victor can tell you more. He'll guide you there."

"I've only been inside once," Victor says, "but it's a lot like ours. Just a big room with a place to store the fish. Two big rooms in their case. It's down by the Fisherman's Market. There's a night watchman who makes his rounds around the building. One end is by the market, so there's always someone who can see it, but the other end's on Cod Street, which after dark is pretty deserted."

"Cod Street would be the better route then, I too would like to see these men brought to justice, not murdered." Eraden glances at Dante as he says this, sensing that this man would have little hesitation over taking anothers life. "The cover of night will make this easier, although I must admit I am not one for stealthy tactics."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
10 GP? You were only 10 gp short to a magic item?!

10gp from Charina to Martelai (noted on character sheet)

NO! I was 4 gp short of magic item :( But, I guess Martelai spent something on Bells date and new clotches etc (I know such things don't count, I could have ask for five :blush: )

Do we start before feyring finishes or wait for them?

Oh, and THANK YOU!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Eridan's Char Sheet]I skimmed through your sheet, Eternal, and noticed a few things here and there:
*Racial abilities: Dual Heritage, not Duel.
*Divine Challenge, not Devine, Keywords: Divine, Radiant.
*His Divine Mettle should give a save at +5, not +4 (Cha)
*His Divine Strength should give +0 to damage, not +4(Str)
*On a miss, Radiant Delerium does 1/2 damage and dazes until EonT
I was thinking of making a pally for my second character(some day!), so was looking to see how you built yours and these kinda popped out at me.[/sblock]

Last edited:

taran

First Post
"Heh heh heh. Has a strange smell, this. To break the engagement, then to steal the girl? But we'll do it, and we'll find out the truth, oh yes we will." Her grin is bright, in the dimness of the tavern.

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=Eridan's Char Sheet]I skimmed through your sheet, Eternal, and noticed a few things here and there:
*Racial abilities: Dual Heritage, not Duel.
*Divine Challenge, not Devine, Keywords: Divine, Radiant.
*His Divine Mettle should give a save at +5, not +4 (Cha)
*His Divine Strength should give +0 to damage, not +4(Str)
*On a miss, Radiant Delerium does 1/2 damage and dazes until EonT
I was thinking of making a pally for my second character(some day!), so was looking to see how you built yours and these kinda popped out at me.[/sblock]

[sblock=Iron Sky]

Thanks for picking those up for me, I will change them some time today. Thats what i get for using another Pally's work as a template, lol. Oh, and the characters name is Eraden, not Eridan, just so you know for future use since it appears we will be going on a quest for Ben together.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases