Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Saraz shies away from all the activity and sits quietly in the corner pretending to sip her 'pint' and studying the strange place she has found herself in.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
NO! I was 4 gp short of magic item :( But, I guess Martelai spent something on Bells date and new clotches etc (I know such things don't count, I could have ask for five :blush: )

Do we start before feyring finishes or wait for them?

Oh, and THANK YOU!

[sblock=OOC]4 gp short?! That's just plain vicious!

Bell didn't confirm her involvement. If she did, we'd be three. If a defender suddenly showed up (or any melee character, really), we'd be set but otherwise we have to wait for some more reinforcement, no matter the source (though Fey Ring seems most likely).
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell seems thrilled when a monetary exchange progressed between Martelai and Charina. As far as she was concerned they had just signed a contract to help Daunton's Orphans.

[sblock=ooc]No problem Taran.

Yes, Mal, I am officially interested into signing onto this adventure. Bell is slightly more melee than she was in our previous adventure, but I'd still like a real melee character with us.[/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=Wik]Reading your backstory, I noticed that under 'hooks' you describe Abigail's sister Autumn as 'the best hooker'. Was this your intent? It doesn't seem to fit the backstory.[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
The front door of the Hanged Man Tavern bursts open… or at least, that seems to have been the plan. Someone just tried to pull or push it open in a dramatic display, but apparently mixed up which way the door moves. The result is a loud resounding bump and some painful whimpering outside the tavern.

One reasonably more successful attempt later, and the entrance is filled with feverishly strummed music to herald a returning patron. A wild-haired and outlandishly-dressed gnome comes powersliding into the tavern on his knees, while wailing away on a vaguely lute-like instrument. Just as he skitters to a halt, a smaller stony imp jumps out of his hair and extends with a powerslide of its own – similarly wailing on its own low-frequency instrument.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQhYrIOeZc"]Wailing Intro[/ame]

“We’re back, baby!”

The duo proceeds to jam senselessly onwards, while their companions start to pour in behind them.

[sblock=Rhole]
Rhole – Gnome Bard 2
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 12
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 16, Will 17
Resist 5 fire
HP 29/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/8
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers: Cutting Words, Vicious Mockery;
Blunder, Majestic Word: 2/2, Words of Friendship; Fade Away, Ghost Sound; Stirring Shout, Song of Courage

For the sake of reference, Rhole has bought a pair of Resplendent Gloves.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell watches the show with delight, temporarily forgetting the troubles sitting beside her. At the end she claps voraciously.

"Oooo. . . exotic minstrel types."

samursus

Explorer
Ferris steps tenatively inside, seeming a bit self-conscious and out of place. By his looks, a Longtooth wearing slightly rusty Chanmail, covered by a white tabard with the forest-green Fang of Dayna, sometimes seen in the more isolated shrines, emblazoned on the front. On his back a dented light shield, also bearing the Goddesses mark, hangs comfortably alongside 2 javelins. At his side a worn but well-maintained battleaxe hangs, close to hand.

Ferris`dull amber eyes squint in the smoky pall, and dart around the room, seeming to miss nothing. And after a brief hesitation, walks/lumbers towards a table in a darker corner, clumsily sitting himself down.

As he walks by, one may notice the scent of tropical flora and rusted metal in his wake.

[sblock="OOC"]Greetings all... introducing Ferris Cacamoujai, Battle Cleric of Dayna. This is my first attempt at PbP, and after wading through the character generation process (wow!) I have finally finished and submitted for approval. I imagine it may be awhile, but I can still play from what I have read. So if anyone needs a melee Leader... just let me know! Edit:Just got first approval.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Dante nods to the merchant. "As the Sturgeon says.".

Sturgeon looks a little nervous at this, but says nothing.

"Cod Street would be the better route then, I too would like to see these men brought to justice, not murdered." Eraden glances at Dante as he says this, sensing that this man would have little hesitation over taking anothers life. "The cover of night will make this easier, although I must admit I am not one for stealthy tactics."

"I'll go with you part of the way. Victor will take you the rest."

"Heh heh heh. Has a strange smell, this. To break the engagement, then to steal the girl? But we'll do it, and we'll find out the truth, oh yes we will." Her grin is bright, in the dimness of the tavern.

"I can't thank you enough for your help,"
Sturgeon says. He seems both alarmed and pleased by the disparate band he has gathered. "Victor, lead the way."

The young man motions to the assembled band, and exits the tavern into the gathering gloom.

[sblock=ooc]
New Thread Started!

Feel free to finish up in the tavern, then post in the adventure thread.
[/sblock]

Remove ads