Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Wik

First Post
[sblock=Wik]Reading your backstory, I noticed that under 'hooks' you describe Abigail's sister Autumn as 'the best hooker'. Was this your intent? It doesn't seem to fit the backstory.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Um... "whoops"?[/sblock]

Abigail follows Victor on the way out, giving the gnome a bemused glance.

OOC: I actually just got Jimi at Woodstock on Vinyl! Was just listening to that bit a week or two ago!

Luinnar

First Post
The front door to the Hanged Man Tavern open quietly. Alnar, a tall good looking young man with blue robes, red hair, and orange eyes strolls over to the bar and motions to the bartender.

Give me a pint of your strongest brew, a pair of earplugs would be nice as well.

Heard of anyone hiring any adventures lately?

[sblock=ooc]
Hello, I'm new to 4th edition and Play-Per-Post! Here is my character sheet. I am still awaiting approval from the judges.

Any suggestions, tips etc. welcome! :)

Also one question, the charter says
In order to participate, we request that you set your settings on the message board so that an active email address is available to other participants in the game. This can be done by going to the My Account -> Settings and Options -> Edit Options -> Receive Email from Other Members. Allowing your email address to be made public is important because if your email address is private only, DMs and judges will have a much harder time contacting you.
I must be blind because I cannot find the part in the options menu. Please help! :eek:
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante heads out as well, quickly sidestepping the power-sliding gnome as he leaves.

His lizard follows, the smell of brimstone rapidly fading from the tavern as Virgil leaves.

Dunamin

First Post
Undoubtedly oblivious to any snide remarks, Rhole is far too caught up in cooling his smoking (if not smoldering) fingers. Rock, his tiny gargoyle-like partner, douses them with a soaked blanket – a very routine procedure, it would seem.

Bell watches the show with delight, temporarily forgetting the troubles sitting beside her. At the end she claps voraciously.

"Oooo. . . exotic minstrel types."
Rhole stumbles back to his feet and bows deeply before Bell, before detaching his goatee hair-strings from the Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper, causing them to swiftly roll up by his chin.

“Hey, it’s so nice to see people of normal height again. My neck was starting to kill me every time I had to look up at the crazy tree dude with the axe. May I?”

While Rhole requests a seat and orders a drink, Rock takes the liberty to wobble around with a stony hat and plead for coins to finance the next show, stopping by Saraz and Alnar.

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I actually just got Jimi at Woodstock on Vinyl! Was just listening to that bit a week or two ago!
I'm surprised that his fingers aren't smoking in that sweet part! :)

Hello, I'm new to 4th edition and Play-Per-Post! Here is my character sheet. I am still awaiting approval from the judges.

Any suggestions, tips etc. welcome! :)

Also one question, the charter says I must be blind because I cannot find the part in the options menu. Please help! :eek:
Hey Luinnar, welcome to the community!

Strangely, I can't find the part to which you are referring, either. The EN World site has changed a bit since L4W launched, perhaps that element was removed in the process. I think you're good to go if you have all the Recieve Email options checked (that's how it looks on my profile).[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Of course sir." Bell says delighted with the strange man. "Sit and know us better. I'm Bell!" Then pointing to others in turn. "That's Martelai, and Charina and [insert name of young NPC here]. Tell me, what did you mean by crazy tree man?"

[sblock=ooc]Yes, I think they did change things around. Don't worry about it too much Luinar. The judges got you're email and your in my approval cue.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Delighted."

Half-elf bows looking at strange musician. It's hard to say how much of it is learned courtesy. :)

pacdidj

First Post
A short while after the group follows Mr. Sturgeon out the door, those who happen to glance around the tavern notice that one of the tables in a corner of the room (the one right next to Ferris in fact) has begun to emit a luminescent glow. After a few moments the glow brightens, and suddenly the air above the table shimmers and then congeals, forming a translucent likeness of a very old man’s head and shoulders floating disembodied in midair. He doesn’t seem to resemble any human native to Daunton. His face has broad features, a flat nose, and so many lines and wrinkles that it is clear he’s spent the bulk of his life outdoors in the sun.

The ghostly form turns all the way around in a circle, scanning the bar and blinking as though unaccustomed to the dim light. He mutters to himself for a moment in an unfamiliar language, his voice sounding somehow distant yet perfectly audible, “Way, nha dhuwala wahnganydja? Nganitjimirri wahnga? Yurru lakarangala walala Djambatjmirri dhuwala wahnga. Bala…”

[sblock=Rripangu–a regional human dialect–for those able to understand unfamiliar tongues]Hey, what is this place? A bar? But they said there were heroes here. Well then…[/sblock]

He then calls out to the tavern in Allarian, albeit heavily accented: “Hello, hello? Who can help me? I needin help, eh? I need, how you say… adventurers? You mob adventurers?”

The apparition’s head turns from side to side, staring expectantly at each of the tavern’s patrons in turn.

[sblock=Now Recruiting]Marna is Missing is an adventure for 4-6 first or second level PCs. First come first served, with priority going to anyone without a character currently involved in an adventure. Step right up and talk to the floating head if you’re interested.[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
"Of course sir." Bell says delighted with the strange man. "Sit and know us better. I'm Bell!" Then pointing to others in turn. "That's Martelai, and Charina and [insert name of young NPC here]."
"Delighted."

Half-elf bows looking at strange musician. It's hard to say how much of it is learned courtesy. :)
“Rad to meet you all!” Rhole smiles back.

"Tell me, what did you mean by crazy tree man?"
“Oh, he’s just a friend of mine – some slightly mad, overprotective, and bloodthirsty tree that came alive, I think. We had a blast recovering jewelry, slaying dragons, and saving people from evil eladrins. That sort of thing.”

Rhole proudly strokes one of the haphazardly stitched dragon scales that have been used to patch up his show-clothes, until he catches sight of Bell’s flute.

“Ooh, you play? Rock and I are always happy to do medleys with others of talent.”

He then calls out to the tavern in Allarian, albeit heavily accented: “Hello, hello? Who can help me? I needin help, eh? I need, how you say… adventurers? You mob adventurers?”

The apparition’s head turns from side to side, staring expectantly at each of the tavern’s patrons in turn.

[sblock=Now Recruiting]Marna is Missing is an adventure for 4-6 first or second level PCs. First come first served, with priority going to anyone without a character currently involved in an adventure. Step right up and talk to the floating head if you’re interested.[/sblock]

Rock, having failed miserably at convincing any patrons to spare a few coins, tries its luck with the floating magic head. It offers its stone hat, beaming a careful smile but half-expecting another sneer in return.

[sblock=Adventure]I might be interested and fit the level target, though I already have a character adventuring. :)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Just a note to tell there is also Charina who is recruiting for an adventure DMed by me. Level 2-4 and between 3-6 PC. Mal Malenkirk (Charina's player) is the one deciding the crew, as the adventure is related to him.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases