Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pacdidj

First Post
Rock, having failed miserably at convincing any patrons to spare a few coins, tries its luck with the floating magic head. It offers its stone hat, beaming a careful smile but half-expecting another sneer in return.

[sblock=Adventure]I might be interested and fit the level target, though I already have a character adventuring. :)[/sblock]

The man's disembodied head angles down to look at the small, eager creature, and his brow furrows. "Eh? What're you then? Some kind of flying fox? Yaka, yaka, no! I got no food for you. And I don't need critters, I needin adventurers. Go tell your friend, eh? That strange-looking bloke over there with all the noise. Got problems with some other little folk, some gnomes, maybe. Maybe him can help us, maybe he find it worth his while."

samursus

Explorer

He then calls out to the tavern in Allarian, albeit heavily accented: “Hello, hello? Who can help me? I needin help, eh? I need, how you say… adventurers? You mob adventurers?”

The apparition’s head turns from side to side, staring expectantly at each of the tavern’s patrons in turn.

[sblock=Now Recruiting]Marna is Missing is an adventure for 4-6 first or second level PCs. First come first served, with priority going to anyone without a character currently involved in an adventure. Step right up and talk to the floating head if you’re interested.[/sblock]

Ferris glares at the ghostly apparition, his hand going to his Battleaxe, sure that the Tavern has been invaded by a denizen of the Long Dream... but after an overly-long period of deduction, relaxes...

He approaches the image tenatively, re-affixing his axe on his belt. He can feel the lightness of his money pouch and feel the wrigglin's of the caterpillars therein... who surely won't emerge from their cocoons as butterflies. With a deep growling voice he addresses the odd-looking apparition:

I will assist ye, if it does na oppose my mistress, Dayna...

[sblock="Adventure"]I only have 1 approval atm, but otherwise good to go[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]OK, thanks ScorpiusRisk and Dunamin :).[/sblock]

Alnar looks over to the strange disembodied old man.

Hey old man, what do you need help with? If it is some monster blown up or some thugs taken care of, I'm your man!

[sblock=Adventure]I'm interested, Human Sorcerer level 1. My first character. I am still awaiting approval though, and I am new at 4th edition (and play-per-post) so I will probably have a lot of questions on how things work! ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Rhole said:
“Ooh, you play? Rock and I are always happy to do medleys with others of talent.”

Bell looked over and saw the flute sticking out of her bag and seemed immediately embarrassed. She pushed it back down, further into the bag.

"Oh no sir, I'm sorry I don't really play. I'm an arcane linguist. That's just for thinking times."

pacdidj

First Post
Hey old man, what do you need help with? If it is some monster blown up or some thugs taken care of, I'm your man!

"Name is Botj, yaka old man. I not so old. Still throw a pretty good spear, and the Dreaming is strong with me, eh? That's how I talk to you now. Through the Dream, what you call it?... Astral projection?"

"Dunno know exactly what we dealin' with yet. See my people, the Rripangu, we live on this island Kythira, and we been havin hard times this year, for true. Big drought, all the animals, the little ancestors, been scarce. Hard to hunt, hard to eat. One old man, Dhakanmirr, thought he got it figured out. Him thought he fixed the problem, but I not so sure. Times still hard, and I just learn something put a big worry in me."

"See us Rripangu and our neighbors, the Djaapana, we been keeping some powerful objects safe, call em tjurunga. Them tjurunga they connect us with the great ancestors that guard the waters of our island. The ancestors, they not spirits really, but how you say... like BIG animal. They help us, help keep the fresh waters plentiful, keep the seas
safe and calm. Us Rripangu we look after the fresh water, and them Djaapana looking after the seas."

"But thing is, I just talkin' to Matjala, he the Djaapana law man, he say their tjurunga it been stolen. This terrible news eh? Means maybe someone has it in for us, trying to upset the balance on our island. Matjala he got him theories. Like maybe the little folk, the gnomes did it. Or maybe the shifter people from other side of the island. See, with times this hard everybody thinks maybe the others up to no good."

"That's why we need adventurers. My people we peaceful, eh? Like neutral. Them little people and the wild ones, the shifters, they startin to hate each other. Been fights breaking out, not much bloodshed yet, but it's coming. My people and the Djaapana, we don't want no part of that. Not many of us, eh? Can't afford to fight with our neighbors. So we need some brave ones to be, how you say... ambassadors? Like talk to gnomes and shifters for us, maybe do some scouting too. See, if they been taking tjurunga, and why."

"Don't have much of them gold coins to pay, eh? We a poor fishing folk mostly. But we can give you girri though... you call it magic items I think. Us Rripangu we got a talent for working with spirits. Them help us make useful things."

"So now you hear my story. Will you help us?"

I will assist ye, if it does na oppose my mistress, Dayna...

"Yaka, my people got no conflict with the great powers. Many thanks for help."

[sblock=ooc]I'm happy to take folks still waiting for approval. I'll look over your character sheets before we begin and let you know if I see any issues.[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
"Name is Botj, yaka old man. I not so old. Still throw a pretty good spear, and the Dreaming is strong with me, eh? That's how I talk to you now. Through the Dream, what you call it?... Astral projection?"

"Dunno know exactly what we dealin' with yet. See my people, the Rripangu, we live on this island Kythira, and we been havin hard times this year, for true. Big drought, all the animals, the little ancestors, been scarce. Hard to hunt, hard to eat. One old man, Dhakanmirr, thought he got it figured out. Him thought he fixed the problem, but I not so sure. Times still hard, and I just learn something put a big worry in me."

Ferris grumbles to himself and looks at the sorry state of his chainmail.
Kythira, I just left from there... another sea voyage I expect...

"See us Rripangu and our neighbors, the Djaapana, we been keeping some powerful objects safe, call em tjurunga. Them tjurunga they connect us with the great ancestors that guard the waters of our island. The ancestors, they not spirits really, but how you say... like BIG animal. They help us, help keep the fresh waters plentiful, keep the seas
safe and calm. Us Rripangu we look after the fresh water, and them Djaapana looking after the seas."

"But thing is, I just talkin' to Matjala, he the Djaapana law man, he say their tjurunga it been stolen. This terrible news eh? Means maybe someone has it in for us, trying to upset the balance on our island. Matjala he got him theories. Like maybe the little folk, the gnomes did it. Or maybe the shifter people from other side of the island. See, with times this hard everybody thinks maybe the others up to no good."

Surely my people would not be involved! Ferris yells, although privately he is not so sure. He has been out of touch with the goings on of the elder councils for many years... preferring to be out in the wilds of Kythira.

"That's why we need adventurers. My people we peaceful, eh? Like neutral. Them little people and the wild ones, the shifters, they startin to hate each other. Been fights breaking out, not much bloodshed yet, but it's coming. My people and the Djaapana, we don't want no part of that. Not many of us, eh? Can't afford to fight with our neighbors. So we need some brave ones to be, how you say... ambassadors? Like talk to gnomes and shifters for us, maybe do some scouting too. See, if they been taking tjurunga, and why."

"Don't have much of them gold coins to pay, eh? We a poor fishing folk mostly. But we can give you girri though... you call it magic items I think. Us Rripangu we got a talent for working with spirits. Them help us make useful things."

Aye, to my people I will speak to if you wish, and I have a friend among the Gnomes, whether or not he has any knowledge or influence of these matters is unknown...

Ferris hopes he will be able to contact his old friend and mentor.

[sblock="Adventure"] lol, is this coincidence or what? Hope you read my background...[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post

[sblock=ooc]I'm happy to take folks still waiting for approval. I'll look over your character sheets before we begin and let you know if I see any issues.[/sblock]
I'm not much of a people person, but I will help in any way I can. My spell for understanding languages might come in handy for interpreting if need be. Does everyone speak Allarian?

[sblock=ooc]I would be glad to join if you will have me :).
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Surely my people would not be involved!

"Maybe is as you say. Matjala have his theory. What the truth is, who can say?"

Aye, to my people I will speak to if you wish, and I have a friend among the Gnomes, whether or not he has any knowledge or influence of these matters is unknown...

Ferris hopes he will be able to contact his old friend and mentor.

"Nge, yes. Maybe your friend help. Maybe him know something about why the little folk and the wild ones fight."

I'm not much of a people person, but I will help in any way I can. My spell for understanding languages might come in handy for interpreting if need be. Does everyone speak Allarian?

"Little folk and wild ones all speak your tongue. Some of my people speak it too, eh? But, we keep to ourselves mostly, and we speak our own matha, our own language."

"Don't matter if you can't make a pretty speech.
Talk is good, but sometimes action better. Besides, Kythira's a dangerous wahnga, dangerous land. You gonna need all your skills and wits about you when you traveling on the Living Isle. You probably gonna need more friends too. Two not enough to go wandering through the mangroves, don't matter how brave they are."

Botj's ghostly head turns from side to side, gazing round the tavern, in search of others who seek adventure.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, so far we've got confirmed:
Ferris Cacamoujai (samursus) - Longtooth Shifter Cleric (1) - Leader
Alnar (Luinnar) - Human Sorcerer (1) - Striker

We need at least 2 more before we begin. It'd be nice to get a defender or two and a controller in the mix.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
From a different corner of the tavern, a newcomer makes herself known. The black hood and clothes she is wearing may have made her difficult to notice before, but as she steps out of the darkness, the horns and tail make it clear that she is a young Tiefling woman. She pulls down her hood as she walks toward the image of Botj, revealing her purple hair and pale face.

The tiefling speaks in a somewhat soft voice, "I'm Jezebel. Paladin. For those girri you mentioned, I'll be glad to run through the thieves and get your tjuranga back. Or it sounds like you're still hoping for peace, eh? Kind of silly when your people are starving, I'd say. But if you want, I'll just 'insist' the thieves give back your whatever-it-is."

Jezebel notices a few of the bar's patrons staring at her. She looks away, uncomfortable with the glares.

[sblock=ooc]Take a level 1 paladin? I don't do much damage, but I give huge penalties to enemy attack rolls. :p

It's my second character and I'm in another adventure with the first, so I'll make room if needed of course.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases