Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Haruka and Martelai wouldn't like each other...Martelai carries rod of corruption and steals many potential curse targets...

Martelai watches sudden influx into the tavern with interest. Such 'accidental' gathering at opportune moments usually presages big things. He suspects there is much more then is visible to this taking of street urchins. He sits nearby and spreads strange set of cards on the table, opens small indigo book and an empty sheet of paper and starts pulling cards with stars and figures and charting something on empty paper muttering to himself.

"Moon in last quarter, alignment here, Caiphon down, mrmh, mrhm..." his volume drops until only his lips move slightly. Occasionally he frowns and consults little book and then continues his work.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Dekana]Thanks very much for the help! So the "cost for a book containing a ritual" is not the same thing as a ritual book?[/sblock]

[sblock=oops]You're absolutely right. I missed this line: "the description of each ritual gives its market price, which is the gold piece cost for a book containing that ritual or the cost to add the new ritual to your existing ritual book..." I thought you could only add rituals to an existing book, not buy one with a ritual already in it![/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=Charina's adventure]
So let's see, rogue, warlock, bard, bard, cleric. PERFECT! Esp. if cleric is melee type :p :]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ouch]No, Derien's the zappy kind of cleric. Sounds like Ikni's more the one you need. Still interested, but no worries if party composition sends you elsewhere.[/sblock]
covaithe said:
"Ah, Rhole. My thanks again for your assistance in purchasing this armor. The workman was most skilled, as you promised. It fits me well, but I am still uneasy with wearing the skins of dead animals. Are you sure there will be no disapproval?"
"I agree with Rhole; none will dare complain. I've worn my whaleskins for years."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
[sblock=Decisions, decisions]
Sure, aside from Derien and Ikni, Haruka might also arrive shortly, though Ironheart is taking a break.

I suppose Rhole’s up for either adventure, though Mal’s game would probably allow him to stick with more of his old group, leaving pacdidj’s open for newcomers. Interested. :)
[/sblock]

You are talking about the same adventure. Charina is the character recruiting, it's not my NPC... Nelly is too young for that.

With Charina, Bell, Martelai, Rhole, Derien and Ikni, I think we have a nice group. If you want to have Hakura, I won't be the one to split your group. It's always fun to have a group that follow themselves over many adventures. The encounters will just be tougher :devil:

By the way, I don't mind about Ikni's interrupt. Having Jarel-karn, I am the last person who could complain about that.[/SBLOCK]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=A note on Alnar] Thanks for looking at that Dekana. That's what I get for reviewing sheets when I should be sleeping.

The DDI doesn't list your starting clothing, so I'm guessing I missed that the same way Alnar did. I think you do need to track it's weight.

Skills are fine either way.

I see you already discussed the ritual thing.

Everything else, thanks for catching![/sblock]

[sblock=Excitement for adventure!] Two bards, one group. . . hurray! This should be something.

Let's flee before someone tries to steal them away.[/sblock]

"Dragon. . . slayers. . . " Bell's eyes glass over a bit and her mouth drops. I'm going to adventure with dragon slayers. . . "SQUEEEEEEEE!" Bell jumps up bouncing with excitement.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]My only qualm is that I'd feel slightly greedy running around with 3 leaders in the group: 2 bards and a cleric.

I'd get over it, though. ;)

(In all seriousness, maybe we should just check that there isn't another adventure recruiting now or soon, that needs a leader?)[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Team Plans]
No, Derien's the zappy kind of cleric. Sounds like Ikni's more the one you need. Still interested, but no worries if party composition sends you elsewhere.
With Charina, Bell, Martelai, Rhole, Derien and Ikni, I think we have a nice group. If you want to have Hakura, I won't be the one to split your group. It's always fun to have a group that follow themselves over many adventures. The encounters will just be tougher :devil:
I figure we'll just be using unconventional strategies - less defenderiness but compensating with extra healing. Derien & Rhole's combo of Astral Condemnation & Stirring Shout proved pretty helpful in the staying power department. ;)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I agree. There is a lot of leader in the group, but as this adventure is a short one, I won't hold them long. This is the first of many adventures I will probably run. We talk about 1 to 3 encounters, including skill challenges.[/SBLOCK]

pacdidj

First Post
"Of course; we can't just go around killing the wrong people, now can we? You'll have my sword and shield for the investigation."

"Manymak, this good. Many thanks. But still not safe for only three in the mangrove forest. Need another friend to help, eh?" The disembodied spectral head scans the room once again in search of prospective adventurers.

[sblock=ooc]Still looking for 1 or 2 more first or second level PCs before we begin.[/sblock]

Remove ads