Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

BenBrown

First Post
He takes note of the storytellers in the tavern and listens for a bit, eventually leaning over toward Kaeysari and asking, "Do you know any good stories?"

"Just some old war stories," Kaeysari says. "Don't know how good they are. Mostly things that happened years ago. They're okay, if you like huge howling battles with hundreds of people trying to kill you. I don't really like them myself, but they're unforgettable. How about you? Do you know any?"

Mewness

First Post
"Oh, no," replies Papolstaanas. "I mean, I've read a lot of stories, but I don't think I could tell them... You know, in front of a crowd of people like that."

Theroc

First Post
"You mean Fenwick? He said that he was taking a trip somewhere exotic and lucrative for his personal exchequer, or something of that sort. He went off to the docks with the eladrin and the wolf-man and the one from the Kingdom of Jade, I think."

Rujah blinked at the kobold, suppressing the typical response he would have, seeing as Kobolds are more frequently troublemakers for clients that people one actually deals with in polite situations. He nods before speaking, a bit unsure. "Yes... Fenwick was his name. I guess he was still referring to himself by name then... I suppose I should be making my way to the docks and see if they are still there..." Before he spotted a group enter, in particular a Dragonborn with a limp, and an eyepatch for a functional eye. Rujah tilts his head, attempting to assess the purpose of the eyepatch. Additionally, the Dragonborn was looking for potential weapons on them, so he could know whether or not to be ready to draw his own... not that a fight here was particularly wise, given the nature of the tavern. Rujah failed to notice the dwarf pointing him out to the other dragonborn, probably distracted by his cursory weapon search.

"Hello there!"

"Greetings..." Rujah replied, his voice indicating some questions in his mind.

"My name's Brastrix. Brastrix Avreskt'," As the man extended his hand, Rujah accepted, his spare hand halfway between a resting position and grabbing the handle of his hammer, simply due to a bit of caution since his previous run in today. "and I'd like to meet your acquaintance. I don't think you are aware of the reputation you've gained for yourself in a relatively short time. The thugs you dispatched are a walking testimony to acts of skill, bravery, and heroism, the likes of which impress people such as myself, and... my crew."

"Rujah Neth, and I'm afraid I do not know the Kobold's name... as for the thugs... if they are walking, I obviously did not hit them hard enough..." Rujah tensed slightly, unsure whether the dragonborn meant that they were impressed with him, or with the thugs and upset with him. He continued, just to be sure. "So, you and your crew was impressed with the scrap I had earlier?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"So, you and your crew was impressed with the scrap I had earlier?"
"Well, let's just say that it's people such as yourself that would compliment our ambitions nicely," he turns back to the others smiling, "You see," he lowers his voice, "we are seekers of fortune, if you understand my meaning, and we could use a strong arm and a good..." he cranes his neck to determine how Rujah is armed, and his eyebrows shoot up, "...hammer." He nods approval of the weapon. "We sail the seas in search of treasure, and since your friends seem to left for the docks, we might be able to help you find them. If it turns out we have missed them, perhaps you would accept a maritime adventure of our offering."

Looking at the kobold, with an obvious effort to appear polite, he asks, "You wouldn't, by any chance know who this gentleman's friends ran off with would you?"

Mewness

First Post
Looking at the kobold, with an obvious effort to appear polite, he asks, "You wouldn't, by any chance know who this gentleman's friends ran off with would you?"

Papolstaanas is heading back to Kaeysari's table at this point, but shakes his head in answer to this question.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The bartender speaks up while cleaning a mug with his towel, "His friend the shifter got all excited about some papers he was scribblin' over. When he went to tell one o' your other friends, this dwarf sailor got all excited and butted in on the conversation. They talked about some far off places by Kartuk or Rioc somethin' or other. The shifter told me to tell you to come to the docks as soon as you showed up, but I think the dwarf captain, Fargo by name, was planning on sailing with the dawn..." the bartender finishes talking as he finishes polishing the mug, holding it up to the morning light for inspection.

Theroc

First Post
Rujah tilted his head briefly before replying. "Your offer seems reasonable enough, though I'm not sure how up for solo work I am... much of my skills lie in guarding my allies..."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
...I think the dwarf captain, Fargo by name, was planning on sailing with the dawn..." the bartender finishes talking as he finishes polishing the mug, holding it up to the morning light for inspection.
Brastrix's eyebrows shoot up when he hears the bartender's tale of earlier events.[sblock=Insight DC 15]The raised eyebrows occur just as Fargo's name is mentioned. The expression is not one of Joy, but rather of brooding anger mixed with a little fear.[/sblock]As the bartender finishes telling tales out of school, the first rays of sun begin to pull shadows from the corners of the tavern, "Well, then. We haven't much time."
Rujah tilted his head briefly before replying. "Your offer seems reasonable enough, though I'm not sure how up for solo work I am... much of my skills lie in guarding my allies..."
"That's quite all right. You could practice your skills keeping us from harm if need be." He throws the bartender a coin that looks a little much for a tip, "Thank you kindly for the information young man," The dragonborn flips the patch over his good, right eye, and turns to Rujah, "Now then. Let's go find your friends." He bows and extends his hand in a sideways flourish toward the door, "After you."[sblock=P8]What!? Am I going too slow for you? ;)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=P8]Actually, it's a little bit of my own impatience showing. I think I'm going to opt for the short version of this. I'm not sure how the judges would react to me starting two parallel threads for the same adventure.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases