Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin nearly fell out of his chair, "Go ahead Tonk. Initiate him." Shorrin turns to the kobold, a sincere look of worry on his face. "You may want to hide."

KenHood

First Post
And Tonk sings the version of the song that he knows...
Raargh! Rah! Rooooo-aaarr! Ragh! Ragh! Ragh!
Graaaaaaaaaaa-errrrraaaaargh!
*snort* Raaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Meepo said:
"Yay! Adoration!"
Tonk's brow furrows. He holds the pig's skull in front of Meepo and points. "No, no. Is BRAIN, but you can have some if want."

"You know," Tonk says in an aside to Dextyr, "I not usually one who speak good around here..."

Meepo said:
His song finished, Meepo left his property splayed on the ground and bounded towards his fellow singer. "I can become punch brother too?"

"Sure!" shouts Tonk eagerly, "Punch Brother is for WHOLE WORLD. If whole world become Punch Brother (and Sister) then no more hate, no more anger, no more evil. It be paradise of happy people who hit each other."

Tonk licks his fingers clean and rises to his feet. "It simple! But it also super awesome deep truth, like enlighten, no need always for to hit head on rock, just on face of soon-to-be friend! See? Okay. Here how work: I stand still, and you hit I as hard as you is. Then, you stand still, and I hit you as hard as I is. Then, if both still no knock out, then the hug! If is knock out, then wait 'til wake up, and then the hug! After hug, we is Punch Brother, and world is more happy place! Is like make paradise one knuckle at time! Is awesome! Is beauty! Is... Oh, sorry."

In his exuberance, Tonk has placed his hands on either side of Meepo's head and is holding the kobold off the ground. He catches himself and gently sets the kobold back on the floor and dusts Meepo off. "I get little carry away, yes? But is okay! Soon, we Punch Brother!"

Tonk leans forward, offering his jaw as a target. "Okay! You is first! Hit as hard as can!"

duhexenhase

First Post
There was an audible gulp as Meepo found himself safely on the ground once more. His kobold blood told him to run, and his feet almost didn't pay attention to his brains. Doing his best to stand his ground he looked up at the brute.

"You want me to hit you as hard as I can? Alright, I'll do what I do."

Meepo didn't wait for the answer. Pulling the whip from his waist he snapped it in the air, and growled in his native language.

[sblock=Draconic]"Shorrin, be a dear and punch this fine fellow for me?"[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Huh? No, no, no! No with whip! With fist! See?" Tonk makes a fist, holds it in front of Meepo, and points at it.

He sighs and turns to Dextyr. "I no think I say so good, Punch Brother. Maybe you explain for me, yes?"

duhexenhase

First Post
"You want me to hit you? Me as in myself? And with my hand? That's not really what I'm good at. I'm much better at making others hit for me." Meepo glanced over at Shorrin, but didn't find his most ardent ally standing and ready to come to his own offense. Meepo held his clenched fist up, noticing that it was barely the size of the pig's snout.

"Ok," he assured himself, "here goes nothing. For blood and for honor!", he called as he wound up like a pitcher. His spindly arm turned several looping circles before he pivoted, charging forward and swinging wide. Too wide.

The punch missing the mark he tumbled to the ground, between the legs of Tonk. "I can do it. I don't need your help."

He rolled back and sprung to his feet. Setting his sights on his target and, again, charged with all the ferocity he could muster. His eyes closed, his hand met its mark, Tonks kneecap.

Immediately Meepo howled in pain, clutching his throbbing fist with his other hand. "That really hurt!"

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Draconic]"Shorrin, be a dear and punch this fine fellow for me?"[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]ROFL! You are a true warlord, sir.

Incidentally, I understand it's now possible to build a warlord that doesn't have to make a single attack roll. I'm rather partial to the idea of extreme leader laziness!

On the kobold konspiracy: all we need is for a giant magical magnet to suck all the kobolds out of their current adventures and deposit them on some horrible island or something where they are forced to work together. And the magnet has to replace them with clones or other adventurers so their former companions don't notice...[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr was about to oblige Tonk and explain the Punch Brother ritual as best he could for Meepo, when he began to wind his arm up like a windmill and rush at Tonk.

All Dextyr could do was watch and try not to laugh as the little guy found his bearings and finally connected his punch with Tonks knee.

"There you go little one, well played" Dextyr responded. "Now it's Tonks turn!" he said enthusiastically, while a smirk formed in the corner of his mouth. He knew that Tonk would pull his punch and overplay the whole thing, but then again, becoming a punch brother was not about hurting one another, it was about the bonding. Dextyr thought back of when only a few days ago he and Tonk went through the same thing.....

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Draconic]

"You are on your own little one. Somehow you pulled me into this initiation too, since I'm next. Remind me to repay you."[/sblock]

Shorrin smiled as he watched the whole proceedings. Quite a show.

KenHood

First Post
Immediately Meepo howled in pain, clutching his throbbing fist with his other hand. "That really hurt!"
Tonk grabs his knee and hops on one leg, groaning in pain. "Ow! Yes, yes! That really hurt! Really! A lot! Really! It...uh...good punch. Really! No joke!"

Tonk readies himself for his turn. He looks at his fist, then at Meepo's head...which is much smaller than his fist...

And gives Meepo a bone-rattling blow to the jaw. (Damage: 1d4+4=5)

"There is love! Feel, yes? Is much wonder! Is much beauty! Is much truth! Ah, now we is join like finger of fist which is whole reason for Punch Brother ritual, because like fist is one from many, so is we one from many. Is celebrate of life! Now for hug!"

Tonk scoops up the addled kobold, nearly smothering him in a vice-like embrace reminiscent of constrictor snakes and grizzly bears.

Tears of joy flow freely from Tonk.

"Is okay if cry! Moment move heart! Is love! Is love! But not like love for girlfriend. No, no! No is no creepy. Is brother love!"

Remove ads