Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Antithetist

First Post
The door swings open and a young Half-Orc lass makes her entrance from the street, strutting boldly into the bar and stopping just inside to strike a confident pose, hands on hips, as she surveys the room with glinting eye and a predatory smile. She has just opened her mouth preparatory to declaiming her name when she is struck dumb by the fellow Half-Orc who is currently in the process of whalloping a kobold in the jaw and then crushing him in an enormous hug and making a (rather touching) tearful speech about brotherhood.

"Um... hi, I'm Kasha," she eventually manages, in the aftermath of the outburst. Her grand entrance appears to have been well and truly quashed. With a swift shake of her head she makes her way across the room and smiles ingratiatingly at the barkeep. "Beer."

Mug in hand she makes her way over to a spare table, and sees about recuperating some of her temporarily misplaced bravado.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin grinned. The kobold surely survived the punch... but he may of died in the hug. A moment of sincere worry swept over Shorrin, "Okay, Tonk. Let the little guy catch his breath."

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Looks like the dice were with you in rolling low. If you did max damage, I so was going to pass out.
[/sblock]

Even with the pain from his throbbing fist, Meepo did his best to stay in place for Tonks blow. "You go easy on me, alright, punch brother?" Before there was a response, he saw Tonk's meaty fist coming towards him. Then - nothing.

He awoke to being shook like a rag doll in the arms of the monster. "Yes," he gasped, "yes yes. I feel love, lovely love, lovely love that feels lovely. There's just one minor, maybe insignificant problem; I can't feel myself breathing."

Meepo squirmed against the hug, placing his feet on Tonk's chest and strained to break the hold.

Feebly, he turned to the newcomer, and gave a smile. "Meepo the Brave, charmed." was all he could manage to say.

KenHood

First Post
Seeing the female half-orc, Tonk loses his train of thought and drops Meepo.

Tonk rushes over to Kasha's table. "Hello! I is Tonk. I good, hard-work boy from People's Democratic Collective #1. See this? This is two letter of reference. Both say I do good job. See this? This is diploma from Crazy Mace Master from Other Universe. It say I is enlighten. See this? This two teeth from stupid vampire, Jimmy. Me help kill him good, but even more stupid vampire Eddy steal kill and run off with spoil farm girl who no love her mama and papa. I love my mama and papa. I have many sister and brother. I like puppy, and favorite food is piggy. I make the good husband, yes? Is you single? Because I think maybe we make good pair, yes? And then we marry and make the strong three-quarter orc baby and live happy ever after."

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha is somewhat amazed that the kobold is still capable of coherent speech after the treatment he just received. She flashes back a smile. "Well met. I must say, I'm impressed. I don't think I could take a punch like that and still remember my manners afterwards. Then again, I think if it had been me I would have ducked. Maybe that's why you're Meepo the Brave, and I'm just plain Kasha."

renau1g

First Post
Murphy orders another drink, leaning close to Dextyr, "This'll be fun" as he leans back in his chair, feet back on the table, brand new boots propped up.

DMDanW

First Post
Seeing the Half-Orc female walk in Dextyr could only count the seconds before Tonk would take action. Sure enough Tonk was over to her side reciting his pedigree to Kasha in a heartbeat.

With a slight chuckle Dextyr picks up his lute and stands up. He begins softy playing a romantic melody and walks towards the courtship taking place. As he walks past, and out of sight of Kasha he gives Tonk a wink and smiles.

Antithetist

First Post
"Hello! I is Tonk.
"Hi-"
I good, hard-work boy from People's Democratic Collective #1. See this?

Kasha lapses into silence and sits back, wide-eyed, listening to Tonk's formidable list of references, achievements, and personal qualities with ever-increasing mirth which she keeps mostly restrained in a good humoured grin.

And then we marry and make the strong three-quarter orc baby and live happy ever after."

Her expression turns a little pensive at this. "I'm not so sure," she says in considered tones. "You DO look like a pretty good husband, but I think your maths might be off, and - more importantly - I'm not looking to settle down just yet. You could buy me a drink, though. Or two." She gives a shamelessly flirtatious flutter of her eyelashes.

KenHood

First Post
"...I'm not looking to settle down just yet."
Tonks exuberant grin collapses into a frown. "Oh."

"You could buy me a drink, though. Or two."
Tonk waves his hands, warding away Kasha's wiles. "No, no, no, no... No. Sorry, so sorry. No, no. See, I know you look at me and think, 'Oh, he hot hunk of man-orc-hood. Me get him drunk and make the whoopee.' But my mama, she already warn me about city girl who no want settle down. Mama say, 'You meet one, Tonk, you run! Run!' So, listen, lady! I no make the hanky or the panky. I good boy! You no make me naughty!"

Tonk stomps back to his table and sits down hard, a scowl of his face. "Hmmph!"

Remove ads