Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

KenHood

First Post
You have to help us! It's horrible... We sent her away, but then were heard... Are we cursed? What has she done...
With a disgusted sigh, Tonk abandons his dinner and joins the discussion.

"See? If you break both leg like I suggest, this no happen. And, yes, you IS curse. You spoil daughter, this what you get. So, okay, what we need do get whiny spoil girl back for you? This time when we get back, you send her to convent. SUN GOD convent, so stupid steal-kill vampire no visit. Okay? And this time, we meet Eddy, we beat Eddy to pulp and scare him away. Right?" says Tonk, turning to his companions.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Dextyr's presence and Tonk's pointed questions seem to calm his down. The man, sits heavily in a chair near them and pours out his story.

Yes, we knew that Isabelle would continue her foolish relationship with that, that thing. So we sent her to my sister in Allaria immediately on the first ship we could book passage. She cried but seemed to accept it by the time she left. But yesterday we got a letter from my sister saying Isabelle had vanished, leaving a suicide note....

at this he begins to sob uncontrollably again.

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr abandons his conversation and turns to Charles.
"Alright alright calm down" Dextyr says to him. "Here have a drink and get your breath back and then explain to us exactly what has happened" and Dextyr hands him a pint of ale.

After Tonk says his speal Dextyr continues, "Yes Tonk you do have a point. We should have dealt with Eddie in the first place, but I do not think we will make that mistake again"

[Sblock=OOC]
Does anyone know if Janus or Larinza are up for this adventure or do we need to pull in a couple new recruits? I am not sure is there is anyone else of sufficient level available right now....
[/sblock]

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]Should I read the last five or so pages of your adventure to get caught up on it?

Also, I'm having Meepo leave the tavern now so he can be kidnapped or stumble into the adventure. What ever makes sense. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=Otakkun]No promises, but I submitted my first adventure proposal last night, and it is a first level adventure. If you wouldn't mind throwing in with a new-to-pbp-dm, I'd be grateful to have you as a player.[/sblock]

The kobold looks around at the roomful of fine adventurers and suddenly there's a mischievous gleam in his eyes. He rushes over to his backpack and digs in for his monies. Loudly counting out the grimy silvers he exclaims, "I'm going to be a knight in shining armor! That way if Tonk, or someone else tries to punch me next time, it'll hurt'em back! Does anyone know where I can put a me-sized suit of plate armor on lay-away?"

Holding his last 39 silvers nestled in his arms like a baby, he bounds out the door.

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
//Don't think Meepo is high enough level for this adventure...//

But yesterday we got a letter from my sister saying Isabelle had vanished, leaving a suicide note....
Tonk pats the man on the shoulder. "Oh, well. She already dead and turn to vampire. Is okay. We bring back ash, yes? Then you have nice funeral. Now see why I say you buy mule? Much more rely than stupid, selfish daughter."

"We should have dealt with Eddie in the first place, but I do not think we will make that mistake again"
"Uh-huh," says Tonk, "Raise hand if try to get party to attack Eddy last time."

Tonk raises his hand.

"I think maybe you put me in charge this time, then we no have this problem."

duhexenhase

First Post
//Oh, sorry. Not for your adventure; renau1g had offered to let me join on his already in progress To Catch a Crimelord. Though it would be nice, some day, to adventure with Tonk, I doubt a chance will come along for a long while.//

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha just gives a sulky pout as yet another offer of a free drink comes along and is promptly snatched away as Dextyr gets caught up with preparations for dealing with some kind of ' stupid steal-kill vampire' .

As for her, she stays out of it. She's got a pretty high opinion of her own skills, it's true, but she still has some grasp of the concept of 'in over your head'. She has no desire to test herself against something as powerful as a vampire - not just yet, anyway.

renau1g

First Post
"I don't think ya were wrong Tonk, just we were a bit tired is all. Figure ya could rest up and we could go and be grabbin' that thief's teeth, I wouldn't be mindin' a pair o' them around me neck. Besides, now that ya learn some fancy moves from the mace monster you can try them out on our 'friend' Eddie" Murphy says, punching the half-orc on the shoulder jokingly.

Turning to Saraz, he says"I'm afraid duty be callin' lass, but maybe ya want to be comin' along? I'm thinkin' we could tell ya all about our fair city if ya do" his hand extended in a greeting.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]
Um, can I have Saraz come along? Psionics won't be legal till mid april, and also I'm confused on where I can get Saraz if I retire Larinza,
[/sblock]

"I'm not sure I would be of much use to you, I really need to be getting home, but I seem to be getting no closer to doing that."

Remove ads