Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Walking Dad

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'll pass too, as i have 2 other characters active at the moment, and a Controller is not essential in a team, not like a Leader.

Walking Dad, you should say SO much for Strike Force Psion. None of us, the psionics, will go on that adventure as we all have other characters in adventure. We will take the next.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]I got somehow confused :blush:. Yes, Strike Team Osion still stands ready, beware, DM of the next adventure ;)[/SBLOCK]

RickRoll

First Post
Frost grabs one pint for the road, drinking it quickly, burping afterwards and then bids a fond adieu to the denizens of the Hanged Man. "Good luck friends!" the shifter calls out as he prepares to leave. He grabs the githrezai with the big sword and the doe-eyed half-orc with the longsword by the shoulders, "C'mon guys, lets go have some fun" as he leaves.

[sblock=ooc]
Anti said he'd be gone until tomorrow so that's why Frost is dragging him along[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Hands off," Kasha admonishes playfully as she slips from under Frost's arm and lingers to drain her mug of ale. "Happy hunting!" she calls out to the tavern at large as she slams the empty mug down on the bar and scampers out - arrogant swagger forgotten for the timebeing - to catch up with the others.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks Rick![/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once a few of the adventurers had left in search of work, a few moments of unusual silence and relative calm descended upon the tavern.

That momentary serenity is crushed with an echoing 'Bang!' as the front door was slammed violently open- as some of the inhabitants of the room began, no doubt, to reach reflexively for their weapons a tall young woman stepped through the open doorway. It seemed as if she had forced the door open to allow her to get her weapon through- she carried a massive spear, which looked nearly as large as some of the lampposts in the street outside, and getting it through the doorway was not easy.

Once she was inside the room, she paused long enough for a quick look around, surveying the clientele without apparent concern. She leaned the large spear against the wall beside an empty table, allowing the weapon's tip to rest against the ceiling, then stepped forward to the bar. At a closer glance, she was human- tall and broad-shouldered for a woman, with an athletic build. Her hair was reddish-brown, tied into a single thick braid which fell well past her shoulders, and she had pale skin and startlingly vivid blue eyes. She wore armor of heavy hide, lacquered to a dark brown, under a heavy cloak which appeared to be made of an entire large wolf-skin. Her voice was rich, obviously a singer's trained tones. "I am Johanna Wolfkiller," she announced to the barkeep. "By Earth and Sky it is good to be in a real tavern once more! I'll have whatever you are serving the dwarves- as long as it is ale!"

[sblock= OOC] Replacement 2nd level character for retired PC (Myoko). Character sheet is still in progress- I'm a slow typist. Human 2nd level hybrid Barbarian/Warden, ready for gold and glory [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 1

"Perhaps we should share a table?" Nejs invites Calisto, Ghorghor and Fissure, looking if he missed someone the others were already talking to.

[sblock=ooc]
The character isn't yet approved:
Nejs Ragan

[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
A half-orc walks through door and reads the sign there. He quickly follows the instruction there and introduces himself.

"I am Li Zhenyu, student of the Tian Shi Quan style. Please, call me Zhen."

The half-orc then walks to the bar and politely addresses the barkeep.

"Hot tea, please. And some rice as well."

Half-Orc_Monk.jpg

Li Zhenyu, or Zhen, half-orc monk and my third PC.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Li_Zhenyu_(garyh)

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Perhaps we should share a table?" Nejs invites Calisto, Ghorghor and Fissure, looking if he missed someone the others were already talking to.
The large goliath shrugs and stands, seeming to join, when half-orc enters.
A half-orc walks through door and reads the sign there. He quickly follows the instruction there and introduces himself.

"I am Li Zhenyu, student of the Tian Shi Quan style. Please, call me Zhen."
Fissure notices many small details about Li as he enters, things which point him out as a follower of the Path, though note that of the Stone. But there seemed to be... an odd similarity. This half-orc was not taught by Stoneheart, but walked the Stance of the Five Tunnels. He would watch from his table with the others.[sblock=garyh]Lol. I think Fissure and Li were separated at birth. ;)[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Zhen stares at the small piece of metal with three prongs that comes with his rice. Unsure what to do with it, and unwilling to eat rice with his fingers, he draws forth two short sticks, then deftly begins eating the rice with them, pausing occasionally to sip his tea.

The half-orc notices the goliath observing him. Sensing a kindred spirit, Zhen approaches upon finishing his rice, bowing low.

"Greetings. I am Li Zhenyu, student of the Tian Shi Quan style, the style of the Heavenly Stone Fist. Please, call me Zhen. You seem to follow a similar path. Are you familiar with the ways of Hu Shan?"

[sblock=stonegod]Since Fissure wasn't on the PC status list, I didn't know he was there. Thought I had the first monk. :) Yes, Zhen and Fissure certainly would seem to have a lot in common. I'm amused that Zhen has a higher Str score than the goliath, though. ;)

EDIT: Wow, Crane's Wings with Powerful Athlete is awesome. :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
The robed figure with a wide brimmed hat and staff seems follow Zhen with its gaze as the half-orc enters the Tavern and moves around. It grasps the staff nearby and seems tense. When he moves to speak with Fissure, the figure relaxes somewhat but still clutches its staff. Under the brim of the hat it seems to be a man, but his skin is very pale white on his face and hands. His eyes are pale yellow and he is short with a slim build.

[sblock=Insight 23 (21 for Kingdom of Jade)] Raijin uses white makeup to cover his purple skin, which has designs etched in silver all over his body. He is from the Kingdom of Jade and a Stormsoul Genasi. [/sblock]

[sblock=Sort of a representative picture, but imagine more concealing robes]
Raiden.gif

[/sblock]

L4W:pC:Raijin (johnmeier1) - ENWiki

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Greetings. I am Li Zhenyu, student of the Tian Shi Quan style, the style of the Heavenly Stone Fist. Please, call me Zhen. You seem to follow a similar path. Are you familiar with the ways of Hu Shan?"
The tall goliath frowns a moment before crossing his arms before his chest. I Fissure. Not heard of Hu Shan. Follow Stone Path of Master Stoneheart. You follow like, saw grace of the Five Tunnels in step. The goliath does not seem stupid, per-say, but does seem to have a hard time articulating himself.[sblock=garyh]
EDIT: Wow, Crane's Wings with Powerful Athlete is awesome.
Yes, yes it is. :p Goliath Greatweapon is also nice.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases