Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As Fissure continues to speak to Zhen, they go off to the side courtyard to discuss similarities in their styles. While gone, another enters the tavern. It is a figure dressed in fine red and purple silks, a hood shrouding its head. On closer inspection, it is an unusual warforged, one whose plating runs with a pulsing fire. From under the shadowed hood, only flame can be seen where the eyes would be.

As the construct regards the common room, the barkeep looks at the latest issue of the Screamer. Ay! You're dat magiker that done stopped that crazy statue at the Opry! The newcomer nods.

I am Incarnation. Fate seeks me but I shall find it first. To that end, I need stout souls ready to fight a darkness that comes. A feat for ready, not for those first on their path. Speak with me there—he points to a table—and I shall see if you are who I seek. He then sits at an empty table, fingers on the surface. Light smoke wafts up from where his fingertips touch the wood.[sblock=The Path of Light]In a weird twist of normal protocol, my PC is actually doing the recruitment for the addy he's going to be a part of (the Path of Light). We already have a party of 4 5th level PCs (a warlock, ranger, fighter, and cleric) and are looking for up to two more with preferably one controller. Ideally, the replacements should be 4th–5th, but we might take a very sturdy 3rd level PC.

Until recruitment is done, assume Fissure (my other PC) is outside (can't have him in the same place as Incarnation).[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
The ground seems to shake as a mountain of a lady enters the inn. "Greetings travellers, I, Torqua Debu the great sorceress has return from saving the city of Asamadar." The bloated human woman annonces to the bar goers without a hint of restrain. The sorceress with a stomach the size of small house has dark brown skin, platinum blonde hair with a pair of gold rimmed glasses and is dressed in an orange and white arabian style robe.

Annoyed that she isn't showered in praise, Torqua decides to go bother the group of adventurers at the table. "Afternoon, fellows. Mind if I join you?" The fat sorceress asks, not really waiting for an answer before sitting down, the chair crying in pain as she does so. "Now you look like a hardy band of adventurers for hire, no doubt you could use a great sorceress like me." Torqua says, wanting to ask if they would let her join their band, but not wanting to admit she needed work because she spend all her money on magical items and pies. "Torqua Debu, at your service."

OOC: Torqua Debu is a level 2 Human Sorceress jsut waiting for the judges to approve her level update.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Zhen again bows lows to Fissure. "A pleasure to meet another who follows the path. I had heard while in the Kingdom of Jade that some practiced our arts in other lands, but I did not expect to meet such a person within an hour of arriving in this land. Tell me, where did you learn..." The half-orc walks along with the goliath as they seek a courtyard to compare styles without breaking tables and benches.

DM's, Zhen is continuing to speak with Fissure outside during his removal to accommodate Incarnation as it makes sense in character, but consider him still available for adventure.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Continued from A Night at the Opera. . .

[sblock=History 15, on The Warden]The Warden is a dragonborn mystic who lives in the woods north of Daunton. It is said that he traveled here from the Jade Empire, on some great quest.

The reason he settled here, or his greater purpose is unknown to you, but it is said he is quite powerful.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]As long as we're waiting, you're all in my adventure! No xp or anything, but I've always been a fan of integration with the tavern. If any party members speak to you, or you over hear bits of information, feel free to make knowledge checks and I will gladly provide results.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Calisto takes a seat at Nejs table. "Thanks" seeing Fissure leaving. "Hey, Fissure, can you tell us where you are going. If there is something for us, we will go pick you up."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Now seated at one of the tables near the door, with a massive mug of ale close at hand, and her spear leaing against the wall nearby, the woamn in the wolfskin cloak took a more careful look around the room.

This was nothing like home, in the mountains of Surtyr, where nearly everyone in the local pub was human, dwarven, or goliath. There were creatures in here that she had never seen before- though she was sure her grandfather would have been able to name them all, and would have had a song about each one... Even so, there was no sense that she was uncomfortable here- in fact, the longer she sat there, the broader her smile got. She was, without a doubt, in the right kind of place.

[sblock= OOC] Character sheet now finishhed, and sent for review. Johanna Wolfkiller, level 2 hybrid Barbarian/Warden, 2nd PC- a replacement for a retired character [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= Levels] From the tavern census listed this morning in the Upcoming Adventures thread, it looks like there are 2 2nd level PCs present and everyone else is a brand new 2nd character or a 3rd character (all of them presumably level 1) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases