Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku rises to read the notice from the Temple, and ponders a moment. returning to the small storytelling group, he bluntly states, This looks interesting, a good task to take ones mind off thoughts it shouldn't be dwelling on. But I would like to go with those who have been friendly to me. As he says this he looks to Jynxx and Azryah, though Cyr and Rocco are included as they too are in the group.

What say you, shall we seek out this temple in need of aide? he says, hoisting his worm maul over his shoulder and adjusting his armor.

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah looks the notice over carefully. The others certainly seem eager enough to her, but she was yet uncertain.

"It seems to me that there is not enough information here for me to know if I can be of aid or not. However, I see no reason not to go and inquire. One never knows the answers to questions that go unasked, and this could prove to be my chance to see how Jynxx became Lucky. Let us go to the temple and see what we can see."

Placing her drink on the table, Azryah swings the cloak back over her shoulders, careful not to hit anyone with it, and fastens it. She leaves the hood down this time.

"As I am still new to the area, I will follow you."

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas considers the notice. "A job for the temple of Lauto," he says, turning doubtfully to Kaeysari again. "Are you going to sign up for it?"

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari looks thoughtful. "I won't say the lord of the dead is a god whose attention I wish particularly to attract. On the other hand, if I'm going to do it, working for his priests is probably the best way."

She stands up, grabs her gear and heads for the door.

"C'mon," she says to Papolstaanas. "At least we'll get out in the fresh air for a bit. This place is getting a little stuffy."

Mewness

First Post
"Yes, lets!" cries Papolstaanas a little too eagerly, jumping down off his backpack and stuffing the various odds and ends that his mother has insisted he carry into it. He almost skips out the door, delighted to have a companion. Maybe the priests won't think much of him, but they're bound to be impressed with Kaeysari, who has... actual combat experience, and stuff.

ryryguy

First Post
A young woman holding a leather case walks into the Hanged Man. She immediately heads over to the notice board, opens the case, and extracts a piece of rolled up parchment. She carefully attaches the parchment to the board with a tack in each corner. As she turns to leave, she looks around the room for the first time, noticing how empty it is. She shrugs and leaves.

The notice reads,

OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT​

Seeking a group of capable individuals for retrieval of goods on the Isle of Opposition.

Experience at arms or at personal protection, negotiation skills a plus.

Apply in person at the office of Silverships Transit, Inner Harbor.

[sblock=Call to Adventure!]My adventure has been approved, so I'm recruiting! I'm looking for a party of 5 level 1 adventurers. If interested, please PM me or post in this thread.

Any characters or players with an interest in Valley of Bone (Magari) ways, commerce, or culinary matters should find this adventure particularly appealing.

The adventure is of medium to long length. Depending on optional encounters, it could take somewhere between 9 and 12 months to complete. The party will definitely earn enough XP for second level and might get pretty close to third. (After adding time XP, I think they probably will reach third.)[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc to ryryguy]Everyone's in the temple of Lauto at the moment :) I do like the sound of your adventure actually, although my character has no interpersonal skills.

Currently we have too many PCs to form one group and not enough to form two.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah I saw that... I think 2 PCs are likely to be coming back from the temple still looking for work, right? Might be a little bit of time before we get enough to round out a party. (I am trying to recruit a couple of RL friends.)

Re: interpersonal skills, it's not a big deal, not everyone needs to have some. It's hard to imagine a party where at least one or two PCs don't have some social skills. Also, Intimidate counts. ;)[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc to ryryguy]Yea, at least two will have to come back from the temple and presumably they will still want work. If Az is one of them I will certainly be contacting you. She's an avenger whose task is to protect traveling paths, and even the IC portion of your announcement implies a certain amount of travel if I'm not reading things wrongly. She will be intrigued.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases