Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
The front door of the Hanged man opened slowly. The dusk sun filled the room with orange light, describing on the entrance, a small round silhouette with a tall quarterstaff. As the figure gets in and closes the door behind, the lights of the inn reveal a small figure, a toad like humanoid; a bullywug. Many of the patrons had never saw such a creature, and the ones that did were often attacked by the territorial creatures.
This one was strangely peaceful and contemplative. It holds a large staff on its left hadn, and its right hand is concealed among the orange lose clothes. Its legs are long and are crouched permanently. It moves with small clumsy steps until it reaches a chair, and then leaps on the table, and sits there. Its eyes blink slowly, first one, then the other. The slippery skin shines with the candle lights, a dark green color, except in its ventral portion, were the color is pale yellow. The hands of four fingers are callous and dry; sturdy and shorts. The under part of its mouth puffs once in a while as the creature breathes; its expressionless eyes passing from one patron to another.

OOC: Bullywug monk, third character, approval pending. Attached is a picture of my making; hope you like it.

Attachments

• sapo toa.jpg
    sapo toa.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71

Goldhammer

First Post
Johanna shook her head as the strange goliath wandered off. "Men... Even Goliath men, it seems, just don't get it. Maybe that too-small hat is squeezing shut his brain." She stood up and stepped around the table, offering one arm to help the sorceress get to her feet.

Torqua takes Johanna hand and helps herself off the floor. The massive mage was impressed, given the strength it would of need to get someone of her wieght off the floor. "I think your right about that." Torqua laughs in argeement about the Goliath. "But enough about me, let's talk about you, Johanna. How did you come by the name 'Wolfkiller' anyway? I mean other by killing wolves."

Torqua is interrupted by the arrival of the Bullywug. "Is that one of those battle toads I keep hearing about?" She asks Johanna quietly.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
A shifter enters the tavern. His skin is tan, and his hair is long and loose. A battleaxe is strapped to each bicep, within easy reach of his muscular arms. Gleaming chainmail, the links smaller than normal, tightly covers him from neck to muscular knee. The chainmail slightly overlaps worn leather boots. Several javelins and a pair of blades hang over his back. The shifter strides further into the room, with the grace of one who wishes to keep silent and one who knows battle well.

The shifter peers around, his keen gaze settling on the strange warforged. "R-Rurdev," he announces to those he has yet to meet. "I t-thought I'd f-find you here," he says to Incarnation. The shifter walks over and picks a seat. "I got some axes, h-how 'bout y-you?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The bullywug looks quizzically at the fat woman, apparently she was looking at it, and the creature showed no demeanor in showing that it has noticed that. Its hypnotic eyes were fixed in the sorceress before he shifter stride in front of its gaze. However, disregarding the newcomer, the humanoid toad keeps looking at Torqua intently.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The shifter peers around, his keen gaze settling on the strange warforged. "R-Rurdev," he announces to those he has yet to meet. "I t-thought I'd f-find you here," he says to Incarnation. The shifter walks over and picks a seat. "I got some axes, h-how 'bout y-you?"
Incarnation nods at the shifter, but does not change his ever watching gaze, staring at the door from the shadows. More magic is now part of me, and better prepared for those that seek me harm am I. Both are true; it is clear that his plating has been enhanced with parts of the armor given to them by Captain Coppernail and his purple cloak was certainly new. I await those that are able to help. These others but begin their journeys; the darkness would take them. He gestures to the faint burn marks on the table from his hands. They almost form shapes. The sign of staff of stone and the sword of wisdom. These will be the ones if I read them correctly.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post

Torqua is interrupted by the arrival of the Bullywug. "Is that one of those battle toads I keep hearing about?" She asks Johanna quietly.

Johanna looked over at the creature, noting that it seemed to be staring rather fixedly at the massive sorceress. "I don't know what it is," she had to admit after a moment. Certainly it wasn't like anything she had seen in Surtyr, or on her journey to Daunton. Maybe her grandfather would have known it, but she couldn't remember anything relevant from his songs. Once Torqua was back on her feet, Johanna took a step back- towards both her own chair and her spear. "It doesn't seem dangerous, and nobody screamed in fear or anger when it came in- perhaps such creatures are known here..."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the regular business of the Tavern continues, a scratching noise can be heard at the front door. The bouncer looks quizically a moment and then opens the door, almost to be bowled over by a rather large dog. The mutt, a combination of big and ugly, has blood and mud matted fur and an open wound on his snout. It ignores the bouncer and seems to make a beeline for the large goliath priest Vimak before half-sitting, half-colapsing and beginning to whine.

There is some sort of piece of rubbish in its mouth. [sblock=A Boy and His Dog]This is the recruitment for my adventure A Boy and His Dog (not to be confused with A Path of Light, which my PC is recruiting for but isn't my game). Vimak (WD's character) already has a slot; I'm open to anybody else except Team Force Psion members 'cuz I don't want Fissure left behind. ;p

Feel free to interact with the mutt and each other to determine who'll go and who'll stay. I'll take 5-6 including WD[/sblock]

Goldendice

First Post
Elkrysn, Drow Sorcerer [Multiclass Assassin] 1

The door to the tavern gently opens. A short, tired-looking young drow in a tattered cloak enters, his footsteps inaudible. "I am Elkrysn. If you need someone with a grudge against the Imperium, that would be me. If you need someone trained in stealth and infiltration, that would also be me. If you need someone to wreak havoc with chaos-infused bolts of arcane power brimming with dark energy," His red eyes almost seem to glow with excitement, "well, I wouldn't say no to that either." Elkrysn strides over to the nearest table and takes a seat before noticing the dog. "What happened to that thing? What does it have there?"

OOC: I'm not sure how safe it would be for a level 1 character to be traveling with a level 4 character - what level range is the adventure meant for?

Last edited:

Remove ads