Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
The bullywug jumped off the table, making it to fall backwards due to the force of the impulse. It hops twice to get next to the dog. Its eyes however are still fixed on Torqua.
The bullywug holding the huge staff stares at the dog, and then at the minotaur. It puff its undermouth lid to breath, like if it was gulping air. "Knows the bull the dog?" it asks, its voice strange and similar to someone speaking underwater.
The bullywug leans towards the mutt and examines the derbies in the dog's mouth.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Levels]It'll likely average to about 3rd. I know there are a few more 1st level addys in the queue, one reason I'm trying to clear out the 2nd+'s.[/sblock][sblock=Minotaur?]Voda, I assume you mean the goliath (Vimrak?)[/sblock]The dog sniffs weakly at the frogman's hand. It does not flinch as a normal animal would to the bullywug's scent and does not resist when Torqua examines what he has in its mouth.

Without taking it out, it is hard to identify directly, but it looks to be a scrap of cloth or leather. There is some writing on it (mixed with slobber and blood) but it is hard to read while it is in the dog's mouth.

Goldendice

First Post
Elkrysn, Drow Sorcerer [Multiclass Assassin] 1

Elkrysn follows the bullywug's lead and approaches the dog. "May I see that scrap there, boy?" He reaches for what is in the animal's mouth so that everyone can get a better view.

Last edited:

Pwn3r3r

First Post
As the crowd of people gather in front of the door, a rather tall humanoid figure slides into the tavern while it remains open. Once inside the light from the tavern reveals a greenish hue to the color of the creatures skin. Upon further inspection the patrons within the tavern notice that this isn't a human, nor an orc, but a mixture of the two. The half orc wore what appeared to be the hide of a bear rather loosely around his torso, worn like someone would wear a cloak. The mouth of the bear seemed to be open in a load roar, and was worn around the half orcs head. On his back he wore a huge axe, seemingly the type a person would use to execute someone. Quietly, the half-orc walked through the tavern, finding a table off to the side from which he could sit and observe the rest of the patrons.

OOC: Forgive me for not knowing how to use the little OOC box. Level one half-orc barbarian. Awaiting one more approval.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa tilts her head. "Boy I am not, see the cloth if take it out you can." replies the bullywug. Apparently loosing interest, the monk leaps away in one wide jump, picks up the table and climbs over again.

OOC: Sorry, Goliath, yes. And Torqua has not moved from her spot I think. Sapo Toa is a level 1 monk.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Oops, Voda. I can't get whose who right either. :lol:

The dog resists the pull of Elkrysn; the goliath, however, has less difficulty getting it out. Unfolded, it appears to be a piece of a small bag or shirt. It has some writing on it in a crude hand, some of smeared.

Pease hep. Tried to advemture like heroes in paper Da get. Now hurt bad. The middle part is too illegible. It ends with ... down by Big Smear. P.S. Don't tell Da or Ma.[sblock=Streetwise 15]The "Big Smear" refers to a particular large mud flat on the border of the outer harbor beyond the docks and near one of the large outlets of Daunton's sewers. Nearby is worksman neighborhood that is neither prosperous or poor.[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
"I overheard your words about your land being a camp, a nomadic tribe? My brother (gestures to D'keth) and I also lived in a camp a long time ago. What happened to your bretheren? Were they killed?" the female gith asks bluntly.

Ghorgor stares at the giant toad with interest.

-''Cooked on open flame... is good... tastes like chicken...'' mutters the massive goliath.

"Very well simpleton, ignore me. I can tell when I'm not wanted. I would suggest you not try to eat that one, they have a terrible stench when cooked" K’atzn’ii says as she turns away from the goliath. Seeing others talking to a dog, the githyanki shakes her head muttering under her breath "What in the hells is going on here?" as she sees the half-orc off to the side. She wanders next to him.

"Greetings, I am K’atzn’ii, that is my brother, D'keth (gesturing to the other githyanki). You are certainly quiet, an odd quality for your kind. Anyways, the others have ignored us so far, perhaps we could join you?" she says, grabbing a seat without really waiting for a response.

[sblock=ooc]
Pwn3r3r - you type (sblock=OOC) xxx (/sblock) but instead of the regular brackets use square ones.

Also, if you quote someones post you can see their coding to copy it. [/sblock]

Pwn3r3r

First Post
Taking a quick glance to the Githyanki, the half-orc waves his approval to the creature while he studies the odd beings speaking to a wolf. After a moment he shakes his head and turns to his new arrival. "Yes well, I learned fast through my travels that it is sometimes better to keep my mouth shut than enter into a building screaming, 'Hello everyone, look at me!' Like some of my brethren would do."

Glancing back to the females brother for a moment the orcs gaze returned to K'atzn'ii. "So, why is it that the others have been ignoring you and your brother?"

[sblock=OOC] Thank you Rickroll! [/sblock]

Last edited:

RickRoll

First Post
"As you've wisely commented, sometimes it is better not to rush into a new location brashly, better to test the waters. After trying to speak to the large goliath and failing and seeing that group playing with a puppy, I realized that perhaps maybe it was time to back off. I saw you and thought maybe there was a kindred spirit. So, what is your specialty...ah I just realize I didn't catch your name." she replies.

Remove ads