Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
The bullywug looks at the githyanki and the half human with her otherworldly eyes, titling her head slightly. The amphibian seem to have lost interest in the dog and the assembled people around it for the moment.

I'll love to get in your adventure stonegod, but Sapo Toa is only level 1

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Johanna watched the group form around the dog. After a moment, she grabbed her pack, and stepped around the intervening crowd and tables, pausing only to grab an unattended plate of food from one place.

Once the others had pried the scrap out of the dog's mouth, and set to work trying to read the bedraggled writings, Johanna sank to one knee beside the dog. She held out a gloved hand, waggling a chunk of someone's former lunch, and she talked in a soft voice to the dog- in dwarven, it sounded like baby talk or nonsense, simply an attempt at soothing the wounded animal. Leaving the food to distract it, she pulled a waterskin from her pack and tried to sluice clean the most obvious wounds.

[sblock= OOC] : "What did you say girl? Timmy fell down the well?"; Nature check to soothe/look over the dog (1d20+5= 11, guess it doesn't like the wolfskin cloak) and Heal check (1d20+5= 20) to treat the dog; rolls Roll Lookup [/sblock]

OOC 2: If there is room, 2nd level/2nd character (Hybrid Barbarian/Warden- somewhere between Striker and Defender, melee focus)

Goldendice

First Post
Elkrysn, Drow Sorcerer [Multiclass Assassin] 1

Elkrysn looks perplexed by the name "Big Smear." "I am not from around here and thus do not know whatever this 'Big Smear' may be. However, it seems that someone is in trouble. You, sir," he addresses the Goliath. "this dog seems to know you. Do you know what is happening and if there is any way I may be of assistance?"

[sblock=OOC]Streetwise check = 1d20 + 5 = 6 +5 = 11 < 15[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
While everyone in the crowded inn seemed to be interested with the dog, Torqua could help but be fascinated with the frog creature that a moment ago couldn't stop staring at her. Pushing her way through the crowd like an elephant through a doorway, she makes her way to the Frog man.

"Afternoon, can I help you with something?" The Massive Mage says, holding out her hand to the Bullywug. "I'm Torqua Debu, the Great Sorceress, the Fatromancer, the Wide Witch, The Bellychanter, the Massive Mage, the Bloated Beauty and the new hero of Asamadar. However you can just call me Torqua if you like."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The bullywug looks at the hand of the sorceress, and then to her own hands, both holding the staff. Leaving the right hand with the quarterstaff, Sapo Toa stretches a shy hand, and places it next to Torqua's unsure of what to do. If the Fatromancer decides to touch the bullywug hand she will notice the wet and slipery, yet rough skin on the hand. The head and belly appear to be softer, without the callosities.
"Torqua will I name you, since the others are many, and are long." The monk makes a pause, blinks slowly and swallows air. "In your tong Sapo Toa you can name me, my true name pronounce you cannot." again the pause, the blink and the breath. Times seems to flow in slow motion around this creature.
"Perhaps known to you, are the flows of this pond. Confused and unsure I drift, yet I remain still in this place. My mission is of learning of things that live; so outside I must go, to see, to smell, to touch, to learn." Again the pause, the blink and the breath. "But I remain still in this place. Safe from monsters in hide I am not, nor safe from adventurers that would claim as trophies my remains." This time only a slow blink, and a tilt of the head separate the sentences.
"Knows Torqua now my something. Can she help me with it?"

Velmont

First Post
"Ghorgor, that toad-like creature is not a toad, even if he might look like one. He is an intelligent being. It's not a good idea to cook." tells Calisto to his giant new friend. "If you want some toad legs, you might ask the bartender, but they will be small I guess."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Recruiting]So, it seems I was wrong on who was who in the Tavern, so I'll take some 1st as well (yay! ;)).

Interested so far:
- Vimak (KD, goliath runepriest 4 [leader])
- Elkrysn (Goldendice, drow sorcerer 1 [striker])
- Johanna (pathfinderq1, barbarian/warden 1 [striker/defender])

That 2/3 slots left. I might recommend a controller (Torqua? 1/4 of the gith brothers?) but that's up to you guys.[/sblock]The mutt shies away from Johanna a bit, but eventually allows her to tend to his wounds. She cannot tell what did this to him, however.

Goldhammer

First Post
"But I remain still in this place. Safe from monsters in hide I am not, nor safe from adventurers that would claim as trophies my remains." This time only a slow blink, and a tilt of the head separate the sentences.
"Knows Torqua now my something. Can she help me with it?"

"Well, if you're looking for adventure, you're in the right place. This bar is a meeting place for heroic adventurers such as myself. The ambassador of Asamada himself came to this tavern to seek my aid. Have I told you about the time I saved Asamada?" Torqua brags. But before the Bullywug can answer, the Wide Witch finds herself distracted by the crowd gathered around the dog. Never one to left out, Torqua excuses herself to have a closer look at the mutt.

"Afternoon, fellows. What's the story?" The fat sorceress asks the group reading the note tied to the dog. "Could this be an adventure brewing I wonder?"

OOC: I'm all for whatever adventure this dog has. Torqua's a lvl 2 Sorceress.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

"Does someone knows a 'Big Smear?"
Vimak aks around, looking up from the paper.

[sblock=Streetwise 15]The "Big Smear" refers to a particular large mud flat on the border of the outer harbor beyond the docks and near one of the large outlets of Daunton's sewers. Nearby is worksman neighborhood that is neither prosperous or poor.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
My 2nd PC, not approved, yet.

[/sblock]

Pwn3r3r

First Post
A small grin passed over the half-orcs face for a moment before turning back. "The name is Morko. I am from the Fleshripper clan, and am a barbarian. I have traveled here on a search for...." He paused for a moment, seeming to search within himself for the right words to say. "...For something that was lost to me long ago."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases