Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Goldendice

First Post
Elkrysn, Drow Sorcerer [Multiclass Assassin] 1

"Near the sewer outlet? Then it would feel right at home to me. I believe we should head for this mud flat as soon as possible lest the author of this note befall a fate common for those not stealthy enough to reside in such a location." Elkrysn begins to head towards the door, then stops. "I believe we should take the dog with us. It would be helpful if it was healed, but someone strong could likely carry it otherwise." He then continues towards the exit, but waits for the others before leaving.

OOC: If it isn't immediately obvious by the above actions, yes, I am interested in the adventure. I have an at-will Close Blast 3 +5 attack
1d8+9 damage power if that helps.

Last edited:

Pwn3r3r

First Post
The Half-orc looks at the male Githyanki that approached the table and nodded. "I agree, there are strength in numbers. But in what way would pooling our strength accomplish anything if there is nothing available to accomplish?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Recruting]Looks like
- Vimak (KD, goliath runepriest 4 [leader])
- Elkrysn (Goldendice, drow sorcerer 1 [striker])
- Johanna (pathfinderq1, barbarian/warden 2 [striker/defender])
- Torqua (Goldhammer, sorcerer 2)
- Sapo Toa (Voda Voda, monk 1)
That's five. I think the only controller right now is Velmont's Psion on Strike Force Psion, so he's not going. I'll give till tomorrow and then we're off![/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Near the sewer outlet? Then it would feel right at home to me. I believe we should head for this mud flat as soon as possible lest the author of this note befall a fate common for those not stealthy enough to reside in such a location."

"Well, I not sure I want to know why you would feel so at home in a sewer, you're right about heading off right away. No doubt who ever has written this is in terrible danger." Torqua says to the Drow, looking over the note. "While bothering about in sewer is hardly my idea of a great adventure, I will lead you my aid in helping this person. My name is Torqua Debu, the Great Sorceress, the Fatromancer, the Wide Witch, The Bellychanter, the Massive Mage, the Bloated Beauty, the Inflated Illusionist, the Fat Firethrower, the Colossal Conjuer, the new hero of Asamadar and the Mistress of Magical Thunder Thighs." Torqua list of titles for herself seemed to have double in a few short moments.

"Or just Torqua for short. And what might they call you skinny?" She adds with a smug laugh.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

Vimak smiles as he hears the female dwarf's voice: "It is more than the steady tone. Words and runes in this language bear it's own power!"

He nods at the information and interest to help from the sorceress and the drow. Having been raised by a race not his own, he doesn't judge people for what they are, but what they do.

"Anyone else coming?"

He will use divine fire outside the tavern to heal the dog, but he doesn't want to do it in there.

[sblock=ooc]
- Vimak (KD, goliath runepriest 4 [leader])
- Elkrysn (Goldendice, drow sorcerer 1 [striker])
- Johanna (pathfinderq1, barbarian/warden 2 [striker/defender])
- Torqua (Goldhammer, sorcerer 2)
- Sapo Toa (Voda Voda, monk 1)

looks good. Just need an in-time interest from VV.

My 2nd PC, not approved, yet.

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Croackers will intone and tell tales of the first journey." proclaims the bullywug, willing to join the group. It remians sitting on the floor, with her long staff hold by both hands.

Goldendice

First Post
"Well, I not sure I want to know why you would feel so at home in a sewer, you're right about heading off right away. No doubt who ever has written this is in terrible danger." Torqua says to the Drow, looking over the note. "While bothering about in sewer is hardly my idea of a great adventure, I will lead you my aid in helping this person. My name is Torqua Debu, the Great Sorceress, the Fatromancer, the Wide Witch, The Bellychanter, the Massive Mage, the Bloated Beauty, the Inflated Illusionist, the Fat Firethrower, the Colossal Conjuer, the new hero of Asamadar and the Mistress of Magical Thunder Thighs." Torqua list of titles for herself seemed to have double in a few short moments.

"Or just Torqua for short. And what might they call you skinny?" She adds with a smug laugh.

"I am known as Elkrysn. I am no stranger to the sorcerous arts myself, though I also use the powers of darkness to make my foes vulnerable to attack. As to the sewers, let us simply say that the Imperium does not take kindly to a single drow living within their territory, let alone a group of drow bent on sabotaging their society. It is a bit safer to live and travel beneath city streets than to risk the sight of perceptive eyes, though my comrades' foresight did not seem to pay off in the end." Elkrysn then gestures to the others who seem to be coming to the dog owner's rescue. "And what of the rest of you? I do not believe we have been formally introduced."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Croackers will intone and tell tales of the first journey." proclaims the bullywug, willing to join the group. It remians sitting on the floor, with her long staff hold by both hands.

With a spear the size of a lamp-post now held ready in her hands, the woman in the wolfskin cloak nodded to the toad-like creature. "While I knew nothing of your people before a moment ago, it speaks well of them if they have those who keep the histories- whether the be written, or sung, or 'croaked'." Then she turned, so as to address the entirety of the newly-formed group.
"I am Johanna Ragnarsdottir, of Surtyr- though my titles are not so extensive as those of the sorceress, I am called Wolfkiller. While I have learned some of the lore of my folk, I am considered a warrior, blessed with the strength of the spirits of stone and sky."

OOC: Human Barbarian/Warden hybrid, level 2; looks like an interesting party mix- we ought to deal out a lot of damage (and we have enough area power to do without a real controller), but we may have some durability issues. No other Leader or Defender types available?

Farce

First Post
The Half-orc looks at the male Githyanki that approached the table and nodded. "I agree, there are strength in numbers. But in what way would pooling our strength accomplish anything if there is nothing available to accomplish?"

"I am sure if we wait only a few minutes longer someone or something will come through that door looking for aide, and that's when we shall have our chance" D'keth declares, pointing to the warforged looking for aide as well as the dog that appears to have some note on it that some of the others are flocking to.

Pwn3r3r

First Post
"I am sure if we wait only a few minutes longer someone or something will come through that door looking for aide, and that's when we shall have our chance" D'keth declares, pointing to the warforged looking for aide as well as the dog that appears to have some note on it that some of the others are flocking to.

A nod of agreement came from the half-orc. "That may be, but I don't believe that dog need more help than he is already getting. Though I don't mind waiting longer to something else to show up. So, where are you from exactly?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases